For many weeks, an occupation has been going on that has disrupted major institutions and sent shivers of fear down the spines of the conservative and financial powers that be. In their anarchic style, the occupiers show little regard for the interests of the status quo, displaying a radical agenda that puts their desire for power above even the interests of the political party with which they’re most aligned.
That’s right, I’m talking about the Republican Presidential Candidates’ occupation of the GOP, or as they refer to it, Occupy Wack Street.
They don’t seem to have a leader and it’s not clear exactly what they want. Some want Mexicans electrocuted if they try to enter the US illegally, others want universal health care but only in one state, bringing our troops home from the Middle East so we can send them back to the Middle East to fight Iran, pro-life laws and also pro-death laws allow people to die from not having health insurance, there really isn’t a focused message and clear, defined goals.
Since this occupation has been going on, these occupiers have been shrill and accosting those just trying to make their way across the airwaves and blogosphere, they beat their drums and do a song and dance, not to mention all the damage their occupation is causing to the GOP and most repulsively, they publicly defecate on The Constitution and the institution of Presidential elections.
These angry radicals are deluded into thinking they represent a majority of Americans when in fact they are just a group of spoiled older people living off of the system while whining about it.
Give them a few months and most of them will be gone, back in their comfy homes and political offices.
If they want to be angry at the people who are really responsible for the mess we’re in, they should go to each other’s state and occupy each others’ offices.
Clearly, they are anti-American and anti-capitalist, their protests for cutting taxes for the wealthy and “broadening” the tax base (meaning making the poor and middle class pay more taxes) is meant to bring down our capitalist system. Since 70% of our economy is driven by consumer spending, their plan would cause the utter destruction of capitalism.
And in these times, we don’t need to be dividing the country and pitting 1% of Americans against the other 99%. First of all, they are already pitted against them so it’s a waste of energy and secondly, it makes the top 1% look like vicious, greed-addicted, inhuman sociopaths who have the gall at this point in history, when economic inequality is at its greatest, to try and grab even more of the majority’s wealth for even greater inequity. When the truth really is, they are actually human.
The other fallacy about the Occupy Wack Street is that it is a grass roots group. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It is financed by establishment interests and merely puts on a populist facade by supporting killing the minimum wage and opposing laws against child labor.
As for all the celebrities that drop by the Wack Street movement, Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, Victoria Jackson, Rush Limbaugh, etc., it only exposes the shallowness of their group and how beholden they are to Conservative Hollywood.
Occupy Wack Street’s global presence, once robust, has been shrinking. With sympathetic presences in Tunisia, Egypt and now Libya being put on trial or found hiding in holes before being killed, Occupy Wack Street is going to have trouble making it through the winter.
What they need to do is come up with a real leader and some specific demands that 1% of the people can really rally behind. So far, they aren’t doing that despite urgings and insistence from everyone in the MSM and blogosphere who always know best.
So, as we continue into a new week of political spots with aides smoking cigarettes followed by creepy smiles and declarations that a flat tax that raises taxes on the poor while zeroing out taxes for the wealthy (whose income comes from capital gains) is a “fair tax”, the GOP continues to be defiled and denigrated by the fraudulent populist Occupy Wack Street group.
If the GOP ever wants to get out of the sewer and back up into the gutter where they belong, they need to weather this period and hope that that the American people will see this Occupy Wack Street crowd for who they really aren’t.