AdLib On August - 22 - 2014

Vox-Populi

Tonight we’re trying out a new live chat software for Vox Populi. If you’ve Voxed before, let us know what you think of it and if you haven’t, give it a test drive, it’s easier than ever!

Vox Populi begins tonight at 7:00 pm PDT. You can access the new Vox Populi chat box from any page. In the bottom right corner of each page you’ll see a power button that looks like this (unless you’ve logged into Vox previously):

Chat Sign on

Click this button and it will log you into the new chat system, changing to look like this:

Vox Chat Bar

If you click on “Vox Populi”, the Vox Populi chat window will pop up:

Vox Chat Box

All you have to do is start typing where it says “Type here…” and you’re off and Voxing!

From this window or from the Vox Populi bar (the 2nd graphic) you can click on the Options button (the icon of four lines in the upper right corner of the window) then click on your username in the window that appears to change your profile including modifying your city as displayed (or making it blank) and adding an avatar (unfortunately this system doesn’t use your existing avatars):

Vox Chat Options

Hope this doesn’t sound complicated, it’s actually a very easy system to use! In any case, we are using this on a trial basis, to get your feedback on it first before making a decision on keeping it. Let us know if you like it as compared to the live chat system we’ve been using.

Hope to see you here tonight!

Categories: Vox Populi

1. Dbos says:

try to write in comment area will not allow me to even click into the box.

2. monicaangela says:

I guess I was the only one that could get on right away. I had no problem clicking on the chat button, or leaving comments. Could it be because I tried it earlier before 7:00 pm PST?

At any rate, I love the new format. Is there any way you can get the chat box to go full screen? Is there a way we could learn a bit more abut this new software without doing on the job training? :)

Great feature AdLib, I’m so happy to see PP progressing. I’m sure you will get the bugs out and soon it will be as simple as it was before the new addition. The members here are really helpful if you can access the feature, those that know how to manage it have no problem explaining what to do, when they know. I had a great time last night, I believe I am going to have to start taking a nap on Friday’s so that I can stay up for VP…It’s wonderful. :)

3. pinkpantheroz says:

Ad, I think we should try and fix any issues without having to wait until next week to find out if it works. So maybe keep the new Vox Pop article up and Vox Pop alive so we can check periodically and give feedback. I’ll certainly be a guinea-pig, ‘cos I so value VP!

4. GreenChica says:

I was able to get on earlier but now nothing happens.

5. pinkpantheroz says:

XP Pro ( still) and IE. No sign of any button. no access to VP.

ppo, very sorry you couldn’t get on Vox tonight/today. So the issue you encountered was that there was no Chat or Vox Populi bar at the bottom right corner of the page?

Did you try refreshing the page? Did you try closing your browser and restarting?

Really sorry about this! Missed you too tonight, want to try and fix this if possible. So many pluses to this system…but this is a big drawback.

• pinkpantheroz says:

Refreshed but no cigar. Yes, no sign of the button at all. I’ll now log out and login again to see if anything turns up. I missed you guys!

Edit: follow up. Logged out, checked VP, no floating button. Logged back in, still no joy.

Wonder what it is?

ppo -- Weird in a way but others have had similar issues.

Hmm…maybe it’s a Java or Flash issue, assuming they use one or the other for their software. WIll check with them first then if it is that, I’ll let you know so you could try updating both.

Thanks again!

6. Sabreen60 says:

I managed to type one comment, but I can’t see who is online or their comments.

Sabreen, so you were able to get in to the chat window but when you did, you couldn’t see any comments and there were no names in the box that shows who’s on line?

What operating system are you using, Windows XP, Windows 7 or 8?

Very sorry you couldn’t get on tonight, missed you! I want to try and fix it by next week, much to like about it but its not allowing members in is a dealbreaker.

So again, please let me know in detail what happened, really will help!

7. Sabreen60 says:

I could not access chat on Firefox or IE :(

8. SueInCa says:

I could not access the chat either. I got a small box that opened and closed rapidly.

• choicelady says:

Same here. Oh, well…

CL -- Very sorry you couldn’t get on Vox tonight! Can you tell me exactly what happened so I can try to resolve it? Where did the small box open up? Did you try reloading your page and trying again?

The more details I have, the better chance I have to get it fixed.

Missed you tonight!

9. MurphTheSurf3 says:

Found the “Chat” Button at the menu and clicked it….nothing.

10. MurphTheSurf3 says:

Trying to get on. Clicking “Join the Chatroom” noting happening.

I do not see the “Chat” button.

11. Harleigh says:

Well we’ll just see about that my pretty!!