AdLib On November - 12 - 2009

down_20with_20thisNo, I don’t have a lisp and I wasn’t cursing.

Just a reminder that today is “Thank Huffington It’s Thursday!”. To help me with this reminder, I’ve brought my nephew, MadLib to join me in this post. Say hi to our members, Madlib…

“Hi.”

Madlib, why don’t you repeat that question you just asked me?

“Why?”

Uh…so everyone else can hear it.

“You already told me the answer.”

I know, I’m just asking you to repeat it for the nice people here.

“That’s okay.”

Madlib, please, as a favor to me?

“Uh-uh.”

It’s the whole point of this post. I just need you to ask it one more time.

“I don’t want to.”

You don’t–*deep breath*–Madlib, can you just repeat your question please?

“Make me!”

Look, you’re taking up these good people’s time and wasting all this page space, will you just ask the question again?

“I’m texting.”

Listen you little…okay, fine…then I’ll just join your Facebook page.

“NO!!! Okay…Uncle Adlib, why is this day different from all other days?

I’m glad you asked. You see, Madlib, this day is not like all other days because it’s the day we symbolize our torturous trek through the barren wasteland of Huffington Post to freedom. That’s why each Thursday, at 9pm PST, we begin a fast and don’t consume any pages from the Huffington Post until midnight PST Friday night. In this way, by our absence,  we also say to Huffington Post, “Let our moderated comments go!”

“Huh?”

Jesus! Can you stop texting for ten seconds?!

“I heard ya.”

Oh really? What did I say?

“Um…you’re going to EPCOT.”

Boycott! We’re going to boycott!!! And we’re going to visit Huffington Post all day today, until our boycott begins at 9pm PST, to invite folks there to join us here at The Planet on Friday!

” Yeah? So what about people who don’t want to EPCOT…boycott HuffPo? Ya gonna rag on them?”

NO! IT’S TOTALLY OPTIONAL! MEMBERS HERE SHOULD FEEL TOTALLY FREE TO BOYCOTT OR NOT! THAT’S WHAT RESPECT AND FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IS ALL ABOUT!

“You sure yell and get angry a lot. You sure you shouldn’t be posting on Huffington Post instead?”

You want something to text about?! I’ll give you something to text about! Come back here!!!

johnie2xs: They brought out in me a dark side I didn

• johnie2xs says:

I’ve seen it before!! I’ve seen it before!! And if you don’t take offense, I will not watch it again. It is exceptionally disturbing to me, especially when you think of the politically, socially, and educationally stunted people we find ourselves in battle with on a daily basis for the soul of our country.
      Right now I have been on a thread, at the Huff, arguing with people who have no idea of the meaning of socialism yet throw the term around like a frisbee at a picnic.

I know I’m not telling you anything you don’t realize already, but the idea of trying to discuss a subject when the terms being used are not understood and agreed upon as immutable, is like dancing in quick sand. It makes me unstable.

Aaaahhhhhhh! The main on HP is about Iran, people are saying the most ignorant things, and anything I try to say get sends to pending or is just scrubbed. Factual things, no keywords. Head-meet-desk frustration defined. Dumbshit mods. Sorry, needed to vent. I’m so thankful for this place. I know we need to develop our own thing here, but lord is it good to bitch to sympathetic ears.

Has anyone been navigating around from article to article and accidentally happened upon the main? That’s what happened. Sorry, but I’m a bit territorial and protective about my Iran threads and prefer them in the unassuming nook of the world section (even if I yearn for some help against the woo-woos whom are at it again today). The comments I was reading… and yet ‘I’ get sent to pending purgatory?!

• johnie2xs says:

Well,I just got banned for the fourth time,from HP. I’ve been on as johnie2xs, masso435, masso427, and my last incarnation was jasper48. I ran out of e-mail addresses and obviously patience, having gone off on the Mods, heavily, and got bounced again.
      I guess asking them to just tell me what they want me to say, by editing my submission, was a little harsh. Although,I’m sure my choice of verbiage may have had something to do with it, as well.
      Ah, but fear not, I’ll still be there to harass them some more with a new name,1shamus1,and the use of one of my sons e-mail addresses. Just thought I’d share.

• nicole473 says:

Damn. I’ve fanned you under at least 2 of your incarnations. The fukking moderators make me want to annihilate them. grrrr……….

Just fanned your latest incarnation.

Keep the faith. 😆

• KevenSeven says:

Fuck those assholes. Hard.

• johnie2xs says:

I see language like that in print, and I feel like I’m home. You know,It’s not that I want to use foul language all the time, it’s just that some words cannot be substituted for, no matter what their color. And no word, I mean none, has the punch, versatility, or ability to incite, like the word, FUCK.
          For me, that would be like living without salt.
          Don’t misunderstand and think that I will use it every other word…not so. I just like knowing it’s in the quiver.

• PepeLepew says:

You know what’s funny. I type “Putain” all I want at HP, and I never got in trouble for it … it never got scrubbed. I even tryped “Putain the Mods.” Even if people didn’t know what it meant, that made it pretty obvious what it meant…

• escribacat says:

Well, congratulations. They say it’s a badge of honor. Have you tried gushing over Arianna?

• johnie2xs says:

Is gushing a euphemism for puking?
          Actually,I centered most of my contempt and bile for the moderators themselves. I found out early on that logic didn’t work, so instead I just savaged them.
          They brought out in me a dark side I didn’t know I possessed. I really do not do well when someone tries to suppress my thoughts and ideas, as it happens. Who knew!

• nicole473 says:

I had the same issue with them. I began ranting at them on fully modded posts, just wanting them to hear me. They definitely brought out my dark side!

I am now used to it, however, and since joining POV, I don’t post at HP nearly as often as I did.

• PepeLepew says:

I’ve found a dark side I didn’t know I had at HuffPost a few times. Mostly with troolies…

• escribacat says:

johnie, your anger sounds very healthy. They’ve been screwing with all of us — just because they can.

• FeloniousMonk says:

johnie2xs: You know that HP doesn’t check e-mail addresses. An imaginary one works as well as a real one. Why waste your time and privacy giving them a real one? So they may or may not send you an eviction notice or a threat?

That’s odd because when I joined there they sent a confirmation email to my email address.

• FeloniousMonk says:

Kalima: They don’t require any use of a confirmation login, and they do send out a welcome e-mail but they don’t seem to notice a failed delivery because this is my standard mode of operation over there now. A dozen plus in this way. Just saying..

• johnie2xs says:

Sorry Kalima. It was 1:45 in the morning where I am (Fla), so I had gone to bed.Hope you didn’t think bad of me for not answering.
              To your comment….
              this last username I’ve set up with HP,I used one of my son’s e-mail addresses, therefore he got the notice.

• johnie2xs says:

I haven’t had any blowback at my other addresses, and what can they do to me anyway. I’ve already been drafted,divorced, and audited by the IRS, so what could they possibly do to me that could be of any consequence.
              I did try, however, to run a bunch of different names, as you’re suggesting, but couldn’t get any to work. Plus they sent a confirmation notice to my son, and had they done that with a bogus address, I might have been dumped that way. No biggy.I got a working name,”1shamus1″, with a picture of Mike Gravel for the avatar. I’ll see how long I last this time.

• KQuark says:

I understand you frustration completely.

The last article you wrote on Iran runs circles around the so called experts there.

• KQuark says:

I understand you frustration completely.

• escribacat says:

Khirad, I tried to reply to your comment with the link to the pdf but it went off to pending hell as well. I’d like to hear your take on this. I don’t understand exactly what the charges are. As far as I can tell, this is all because Iran is considered a state sponsor of terror and they have determined that Melli Bank/ Iran own this building and these other properties. And that is the reason they were seized. Is that right?

I have to admit I didn’t recognize it at first, until I realized it had been renamed. It is what is known as a bonyad. One of the many Pahlavi-era orgs that were refitted and revamped for Revolutionary Islamic (and incredibly CORRUPT) purposes. I myself was going through my books -- fortunately it has nothing to do with the New York building (actually a mansion, not skyscraper) which serves as their unofficial UN embassy HQ’s -- which for some reason I had feared. Some more cursory information:

(yes, I know it’s Forbes, but still. Nevertheless, don’t let that article near the rabid Clinton-haters, even though I have some questions there, myself)

The Mostazafen is notorious, and thus the renaming (which I should have taken note of earlier, quite frankly), might be seen as a rebranding

Oh, before I forget, your President is due to arrive in Tokyo today and we wiil be treated to an interview with a reporter from the NHK network, a sort of Japanese copy of the BBC of yore but much more stuffed shirt.

• bitohistory says:

Kalima, Please attempt to tell the news about the visit that we won’t hear.

• KQuark says:

Yes please do Kalima. You know how bad the media is in the states.

I’ll keep my eyes and ears open, I still read a daily newspaper too. I think there will be a lengthy discussion about the U.S. bases in Okinawa, this new PM wants the troops to leave. There have been many attacks and rapes of young women by the U.S. military there, residents have been getting very annoyed over the last few year. One girl was only 14, it’s a problem.

Okinawa is one of those perennial issues if I recall correctly.

Anything still doing on the Japanese armed forces issue, as well?

The last PM renewed the contract for another 10 years, the new wimp says out.

The Japanese signed a treaty after the war not to rearm, form an army or join in any combat, nothing much has changed since then and Japan will assist with support ships, financial aid and a Peacekeeping force but no actual combat. Germany signed the same kind of treaty after the war too.

Japan would only use force if it was attacked.

The LDP continuously rewrote history books leaving out most of the horror as if it had never taken place, my hubby and I would be furious.

What Japan has is a voluntary Self Defense Force, they are highly trained with the latest technology but act only in an emergency here or would act if we were attacked. Their role on the world stage is strictly Peacekeeping and helping to rebuild a country, the Japanese people would never agree to let them be anything more.

Right I saw it more as posturing regarding the military. China would never allow it, and it would need our blessing, I imagine.

For all those who complain about their own countries, it is nice to take a step back and realize pig-headedness isn’t just a US trait, etc.

The Japanese chauvinism to this day regarding China is breathtaking to me at times.

• KQuark says:

Actually if all countries adopted the JDF model we would not have all these wars in the first place.

Well there you have just highlighted the problem Japan would have, China and Korea, if they formed a regular army. With the history and horrific past of the Japanese military and the stone-headed resistance of the previous 50 years of the LDP rule and their reluctance to formally apologize for past wrongs to these countries, Asia would not welcome a functioning army in Japan.

You have not missed much by not knowing about the previous PM’s here, they were all a bunch of weak-kneed wonders and crooks to boot.

Hatoyama is being investigated for not paying his back taxes, old crooks meet the new crooks.

Right, I’d heard that the Lib Dems (I think) had wanted to revisit that post-war agreement in light of China and North Korea.

BTW, where would I fall in Japanese politics? I know I’m not a Liberal Democrat, Shinzo Abe struck me as real skeezy (I know there was one after him too). I don’t really know enough to comment on this guy. I’m embarrassed to say I know more about his wife.

I will do that of course, I’ll keep you posted.

4. PepeLepew says:

OT, but I just read The Who is playing the halftime of the Super Bowl.
    Or, as our Mexican exchange student this summer called them: “Crazy Englishmen…”

• KQuark says:

I would love for Rage Against the Machine to reunite and play for the Super Bowl but they would never sell out like that.

I’ve said it a million times, I’ll say it again. Why did they break up right before the Bush years?! To think of the material they had during a Democratic admin!

• KQuark says:

Tell me about it! The music and art community let us down as well during the Bush years. Most of the protests came too little too late. One of the few protest albums out there was the best album of the decade in my opinion, American Idiot.

Maybe we should post a link to “Won’t Get Fooled Again” at HuffPo?

5. FeloniousMonk says:

I just want you guys to know that last night I came in to commune with you during the halftime of the Suns game only to forget about the rest of the game. This will not happen tonight! The Suns / Lakers game is a must see. No matter how much I enjoy being here.

Even though I’m a Suns fan (of course), I root against the Lakers no matter what (same goes for USC in college football). Only dilemma I would ever have is if the Blazers play the Suns (to which I revert back to Blazers, but am happy either way).

• FeloniousMonk says:

Khirad: My years in the LA area made me a non-Lakers fan. Now the Dodgers are all right, but the Lakers, nah! And it took a little convincing about having Shaq on our team, but I was pleased with his performance and ethic here.

Yeah, got nothing against the Dodgers. The Big Cactus just didn’t work. I like the fast game as much as the temptation to have a big man underneath was thought to be the missing link to our success.

Unfortunately, I don’t know what we’ll do after Nash. Luckily for me, the Blazers are ascending. Oh, and did I say I always root against the Lakers? Well, not if they play the Thunder -- go Kobe!

• bitohistory says:

Milwaukee Lakers by 5!

Prioritize, man! Kobe’s gonna be mad!

• FeloniousMonk says:

It’s too bad that Kobe is just going to be a passing memory compared to LeBron James. Oh, yeah, and that guy who sells underwear.

6. Mogamboguru says:

I am out for the night.

Seeya tomorrow, folks.

Hasta la vista, babies! 😎

7. javaz says:

Talk about Republican hypocrisy!

“The health insurance plan offered to employees of the Republican National Committee includes coverage for elective abortions, a fact that could compromise the party’s insistence that abortion be left out of any health care reform measure.”

“According to several Cigna employees, the insurer offers its customers the opportunity to opt out of abortion coverage

Yeah I saw this. I don’t know what was better, this, or the Prejean spectacle on Larry King. Well, this is more serious, but that was damn entertaining.

I just sat through that drivel on my iTunes Podcast.

Conservative women like Mooseburger and Bachman being attacked? The Libs much more guilty of this than the Repugs, wtf, which cave has she been living in?

What on earth wasn’t appropriate with LK’s question about her reasons for settling?

I just wasted almost 30 minutes on this non interview, I need to clear my head.

I could have just sent you a link to the highlight at the end. I’m sorry you sat through it all. I’m so sorry for anyone who sits through that much of Larry King regardless of guest (except maybe Maher). The story here is that Larry grew a pair for once and pursued the line of questioning. I’m sure she was as surprised as me. Larry? You’re the fluff guy people go on to apologize for beating their wife, not a journalist (and not like this one instance redeems him, either).

My fave part: Palin and Bachmann are “brilliant” hahaha! That was almost as funny as the Palin Oprah interview where she said she “wasn’t into drama”!

No probs, I was parked on my sofa anyway.

Yes, can you believe she said that Palin and Bachman were intelligent? brilliant?

I was having a Danish cinnamon with my tea and almost choked, thought about throwing the remainder at the screen but it was just too delicious to waste.

• bitohistory says:

Due to her tape, that was played in court. Shouldn’t she change her name to Carrie Sans-Jeans? 😉

A classic description of the word hypocrisy javez, I hope it gets picked up by Rachel or KO. Those lying, thieving bastards need to have their noses rubbed in their own scheisse for a change.

8. bitohistory says:

Nicholas Kristoff has a very good op-ed to day calling out the war hawks willing to pay for an expanded war (what deficit?) and not willing to pay for health care(My God-- the deficit!!)
    Why is it we spend so much on killing and so little on helping? When there is any talk of cutting back on a defense contract, the hypocrites yell “Jobs, Jobs! When there is even a remark made out the “recovery act” it’s “That doesn’t work--Those aren’t REAL jobs”
    more @ http://thinkprogress.org/2009/11/12/health-care-afghanistan/

• Mogamboguru says:

Hi, bitohistory.

It may be, because the USA are no democracy anymore, but have become a fascist state during the past 30 years -- says not me, but Naomi Wolf:

Fascist America, in 10 easy steps

From Hitler to Pinochet and beyond, history shows there are certain steps that any would-be dictator must take to destroy constitutional freedoms. And, argues Naomi Wolf, George Bush and his administration seem to be taking them all

While this piece was written, while the Bush-cronies were still in power, it nevertheless remains only too true even today -- if only, because president Obama made the mother of blunders, when he made the the mistake to leave all deciding perpetrators from the former administration in the Pentagon, as well as in the Fed, the Treasury and Wall street in power, when he took over.

“Fascism”, the italian fascist dictator Benito Mussolini once stated, “is the merger of the military and the corporations at the expense of the people!” And he really should know -- because he INVENTED IT!

And that’s where we are today. That’s the harsh, ugly, undisputable truth. That’s, what the american society has become.

Ike Eisenhower understood that, when he warned America of the MIC. But nobody would listen to him -- until now.

Well…I’ll go along with the U.S. as descended into fascism under Bush but under Obama? Would a fascist state be passing and advancing a government health insurance plan?

Or pursuing regulation of corporations?

Or trying to set up a system that limits the pollution of CO2 that companies can emit?

Or sign legislation that allows those discriminated against and paid less than others unfairly to sue their employers?

I could go on and on. These and many more acts and proposals by Pres Obama are in direct opposition to the classical definition of fascism.

I will say that the levers of power from Bush’s Imperial Presidency are still intact and available for a future president to use.

• bitohistory says:

I tend to agree with Mo, AdLib. The Obama Adnin. may only prove to be a speedhump in the power of the M-I-C. If I see a trend of a reduction of both a war footing and a reduction in the defense budget below the 54% it is now then I will believe otherwise. I do not expect such a thing to happen over nite, but I need to see the trend within 3 years and continuing.

bit

I think it’s a good sign that Pres. Obama is trying to figure out a viable plan for Afghanistan and hasn’t just followed McCrystal’s request.

As you say, it will take time to see if the military/war budgets and activities wind down from where they are.

I think they will, we can’t sustain the spending and manpower much longer and unless Obama or the next President wants to preside over the country’s economy going down for the last time, they’re going to have to keep the veto pen handy when military bills come up.

• Mogamboguru says:

Fascism only needs two levers, to control a country and its people in full:

a. A gigantic, out-of-control military administration with virtually unlimited funding. DONE.

b. A legislature willing to accept bribery in any currency, to sell their law-making to the best bidder. DONE.

What you are quotimg. looks good and fine and smells, like America was on the right track again, AdLib. But it’s only smoke and mirrors.

Because, behind the scenes, the fascist infrastructure in America in fact remains completely intact to this day.

• escribacat says:

There is more to a fascist state than that. Don’t forget the state-run media and the scapegoat minority group(s), which the government points to as the root of all troubles. These are significant differences between Mussolini/Hitler and today’s USA.

However, the only one who could sanction the power of those two is The President.

If The President vetos a bill, that’s usually that, Congress rarely overturns vetos nowadays.

That’s still a precarious position to be in, depending on who follows Obama, if it’s a hawk, we go down just the way you describe.

Sounds just like the Bush administration to me, plus the abuse of executive power of course.

You had 8 years of living under a “Dickytator.”

• bitohistory says:

Hello, Mo, thanks for the link. I don’t know if I can be that extreme but then I live in the middle of the forest. It is often easier to see with fresh eyes from a distance.

• Mogamboguru says:

Yep -- and there’s more:

A Fascist America

America hasn’t stopped being a fascist state, only because Barack Obama became president. The so-called “powers thatbe” saw to their survival suring the machinated crisis, which was staged to blunt his presidency from the onset.

Call me a conspiracist. But I believe that, from a certain level onwards, nothing happens only by chance, fate or incompetence. NOTHING.

These people know EXACTLY, what they want -- and what they have to do, to achieve it.

This will gon on so long, until they have completely wrecked the system, like a swarm of locusts devastates your cornfied, before they move on -- or, until you chase them off your cornfield again.

• bitohistory says:

The MIC knows where the endless supply of money is: taxpayers. All they need is a really good boogieman for the people to be in fear of and willing to pay for it.

• KQuark says:

What conservative principle are conservatives sincere about the last 30 years?

In reality they are not even principled about abortion. They had six years to do something about it but they don’t really want to stop abortions they just want to use the issue as a wedge. Hell the rate of abortions went up during most of Bush’s presidency, how come anti-abortion groups never called him a murderer?

It’s like blue dog Dems that fight the robust public option when it is more fiscally conservative and would cost people less.

• bitohistory says:

They “hippo-critters” seem unable to quit. Calling out Acorn and ignoring Blackwater.

• BigDogMom says:

Now that gets my goat, the amount of money we have spent on military contractors is enormous, we all know that healthcare would have been paid for.

But nooooo, they go after ACORN, once again it makes no sense…but then again we’re talking about the Conservative Autistics.

😆 Did you ever find your nephew again?

10. FeloniousMonk says:

adlib et al; I hope we can get some of our Arianna bashing out of our systems so that tomorrow if we get any new visitors we don’t get caught again looking like the only issue we have is Arianna. The debate and other activities will help, but let’s act like we are progressives concerned about progressive causes.

It’s for the good of us all. If anyone else can write anything tonight for release tonight or early tomorrow, that would be great.

BTW, I confess to being as bad of an offender as anyone else. And I don’t even like going there anymore. How will I get my Jon and Kate news? Or the new Huffington Sports section?

• javaz says:

Was Arianna ever involved with Al Franken on a show of some sort?

• BigDogMom says:

There’s always the TMZ website for your Jon & Kate news!

But what are we going to do without “The Game Changers”? I think AdLib or someone should do a parody on this, could be interesting…

• nicole473 says:

We are progressives concerned about progressive causes.

That’s why we are so upset by AH…….she could do progressive causes so much good if that was her intent, yet she is simply using the progressive banner to do harm.

• BigDogMom says:

AH had to start somewhere, and during the campaign there was an opening for the progressive niche. So we start a progressive news blog. Marketing coupe.

Now the money and interest are in sensationalized news, so we go there…it’s all about following the almighty dollar for AH.

Like with so many others in MSN, it has absolutely nothing to do with personal principles, it’s all about market share and $$$.

• PepeLepew says:

Yeah, one usually nice poster on HP called this site just an “HP hatefest” yesterday. I actually thought that was pretty unfair.

They should take a look at some of the other blogs where the tired and wounded victims of HP ended up. This is nothing yet compared to some, I know I was on one such site from March this year and we fought our demons for about a month, some still have the occasional “flashbacks.”

A pretty huge oversimplification.

From what I see, folks here are providing reasoned propositions and arguments as to why it is offensive to them, as Progressives, that a powerful, influential site, representing itself as Progressive and supporting Progressive values, is instead operating in a way that is contrary to many Progressive values.

To simplify legitimate and evidence-backed criticism into “hatefest” is to disrespect the responsibility of citizens to criticize the powerful. And to whose benefit is that?

• FeloniousMonk says:

Any chance of a name or is that person involved in the personality frakus issue? Some of them really have an issue based on attendees here. So sad they can’t be more mature about people.

• KQuark says:

Aryanna I just can’t quit you.

• FeloniousMonk says:

I need a new income. Think we could start a PlanetPOV Center for Recovering Ariannics? We could provide them with all the online time they need in soothing, settling environments that are troll free and full of informative and educational content, plus the chance to make a real difference on real issues. And, it would only cost them $500 a day for the full treatment! Minimum stay, 14 days.

I’d much rather go tax free and turn PlanetPOV into a religion. We could claim to use Internetometers to measure the Ariannagrams in Huffy bloggers through their internet connection and advise them that how to clear these negative particles from their system if they buy enough books and give us enough money.

We could call it, Planetology?

• FeloniousMonk says:

adlib, What if we call it Palinetology? That way we could cleanse more than a few confused teabaggers of their money at the same time.

I shuddered at the sight of that name because part of me recognized that if Sarah Palin chose to claim herself the Second Coming and started a religion…she would have a huge following.

Though the sermons would be entertaining:

“As Jesus said while on the cross, ‘Hey, I can see Russia from here.'”

• FeloniousMonk says:

adlib, I figure with those youngun’s of hers she’s had at least five cummings; ok, at least one with Levi.

I bet he gave her a real rapturous experience.

• KQuark says:

Yup and 12 steps won’t be enough.

• FeloniousMonk says:

KQuark: 13 Steps are good enough for most trolls, though. Especially since the rope and the short drop wait for them at the top.

BTW, not that I’ve ever needed a 12 step program, but I interface with people who help and counsel many who do.

• KQuark says:

Yes he walked the 13 steps to his just rewards via the hangman’s rope. We love OTR and the Black Museum is one of the best old shows. Almost every episodes ends with the 13 steps.

11. PepeLepew says:

Speaking of HuffPost trolls, I have really, *really* noticed something interesting lately. I know other people have noticed this and starting noticing it sometime ago. It’s intriguing to me that you will see a batch of trolls stinking up a thread, then suddenly those trolls will vanish and a whole new set of familiar trolls arrive. I never *really* noticed it until the last two or three weeks, when it seems to have become more blatant — either that or I’ve just become hip to it. That certainly leads credence to the “paid troll” rumour, which I’ve always thought was an Internet urban legend.

Pepe: Do you remember the infamous “Operation Chaos” last year during the primaries, it was exactly the same thing then, one troll even admitted that he was being payed for every comment he wrote.

• BigDogMom says:

Now that’s a job I wouldn’t mind having, make your own hours, can eat at your desk, wear PJ’s or sweat pants…hell you don’t even have to take a shower!

Just keep typing nonsensical sentences and hitting enter….ChaChing!

Yep but I just couldn’t type anything vile all day long without smacking myself hard across the face every time. it’s the only face I have, so I’ll pass.

• FeloniousMonk says:

Pepe’: Maybe their “practice-boy” trolls. You know, the ones that aren’t even good enough to be bench warmers.

• Mogamboguru says:

Once, on a very slow, almost private early-morning-thread, I called Flossophy out for being a moderator, after i had boxed him in for good, using some interrogation techniques I learned in my job: I am a trained professional journalist, you know?

And guess, what? Finally, he agreed…

What do you make of that?

• KQuark says:

I love when conservatives divulge a little personal info because it usually emphasizes their hypocrisy. Like ShawnHanks living on disability for two years and being against government run healthcare now and AustrianSchool claiming to be fiscally conservative free marketer when he actually makes all his living off of taxpayer money as a government contractor.

• PepeLepew says:

At one point, AC claimed her father was a retired Air Force officer, then later (after a number of people gave her shit about being on a public health insurance plan through the military) she claimed he was a DEA prosecutor; now she claims the Air Force officer is a stepdad.

• FeloniousMonk says:

I would say he might have still been playing you, but I find his(her) statements to be so much bull, especially when discussing the economy and history, and have went after him on them. Proof is not important in dealing with him, he’ll quote some exceptionally fruitcase source and act like it’s fact.

• KQuark says:

I have always thought trolls go to their right wing blogs and conspire. That’s one reason why I think long time progressive posters are banned and they never are. I’m sure it just takes about a half dozen trolls to report a poster and voila they are banished.

• BigDogMom says:

I noticed it started last month, tremendous number of new socks/trolls that come and go in waves. That’s when I decided to get out of there…visit occasionally, but don’t stay long or post much.

Hey, does anyone know who ‘USSR’ is, is it AC? Just curious.

• PepeLepew says:

Might be Beej…

• BigDogMom says:

Well I thought it was AC, because he would magically apear when AC gets her butt kicked by some…kinda of like the Flossy and Gringo connections. Just thought it looked weird, saw it happen a couple of times.

Just wondering….

• escribacat says:

USSR is not AC. Keven was having a nasty fight with him the other night and seems to know who he is. Apparently he’s been around for awhile. He’s really vile.

I think I skip around too much to notice the waves or patterns. Mostly it’s just really obvious to me that there are many, many more than there used to be — and that the vast majority of them are only there to incite angry responses from progressives. AC is really good at it with her sociopathic comments like “Who gives a crap about Afghan women.” I mean, seriously, who would really say that in an intelligent conversation? One rightwinger was boasting the other day about how he had “over 200 fans on a liberal website.”

• AlphaBitch says:

Escribacat: for what it’s worth, none of the Afghan women I know give a crap about AC. What goes around, comes around, I always say!

• escribacat says:

LOL. I bet you’re right!

• BigDogMom says:

Live by the sword, die by the sword…Karma going to catch up with this young women and it’s going to really hurt.

• AlphaBitch says:

There’s a saying down where I live: “I wouldn’t piss on you to put you out if you were on fire.” (I guess meaning I would piss on you at other times?)

I just find it better for me (in keeping my naturally snarky nature in check) to totally ignore the trollies. They will never agree with you, or even think about what you have said, so why bother? Like wrestling with a pig…..

• BigDogMom says:

I only like to mess with AnnofCa, other than that it’s like spitting into a 30 mile an hour wind.

• BigDogMom says:

AC just wants attention, the best way to get to her is to ignore her.
          Most of the trolls just write baiting one liners to get people going, not may can even write a complete sentence.

I only engage with them when I feel like playing, haven’t been on for very long lately.

• PepeLepew says:

I get so frustrated when I see people who I know must know better getting caught up in angry stuff with her … it was happening today. Lots of racial stuff. Man, toxicity just follows that one around … and I think she absolutely thrives on it.

• BigDogMom says:

She does, and she knows how to manipulate people into to answering her by saying such heinous things. Even the most intelligent of the posters get sucked in, because their emotional about progressive issues, they must prove her wrong.

I bet if everyone left her alone for a day, she would get really nasty, blow a valve, leave and then come back all drippy sweet.

She is a classic narcissist.

• FeloniousMonk says:

I’m glad she’s not on my scope to hunt for. I can do without that kind of comments and would have been uncertain as to what tact to take.

• javaz says:

Hi PePe!

I agree, but also agree with AdLib that the HP trolls already work for HP -- the monitors perhaps?

Any truth to the rumor they’re renaming Stockholm Syndrome to Huffington’s Post?

13. escribacat says:

I just went on a promotional mission for PP under another sock and all mentions of planet POV have now been scrubbed.

14. Mogamboguru says:

Hit me, if you like -- but what does the “POV” in PlanetPOV really mean…? ::-)