As has been widely talked about for weeks, Israel’s Prime Minister, Benjamin (Bibi) Netanyahu will speak to Congress tomorrow. It is an outrageous breach of protocol because he is doing so without an invitation from The President of the United States and within two weeks of Israel’s elections.
Netanyahu has justified this by declaring that if he can’t stop President Obama from making the currently proposed deal with Iran on no nukes for dropping sanctions, it will fail and make Iran a nuclear power posing an existential threat to Israel.
What many are wondering is, with a string of erroneous predictions of dangers that would strike Israel if the U.S. didn’t do as he says, should Netanyahu’s declarations be trusted.
Thankfully, the diligent staff at PlanetPOV have assembled a list of Netanyahu’s top ten most vehement predictions so that readers can make up their own minds about this.
TOP TEN NETANYAHU DECLARATIONS
10. “I guarantee you that it (going to war in Iraq) will have enormous positive reverberations on the region.”
9. “Having Neil Patrick Harris host the Oscars will make it the most entertaining and highest rated Oscars in history.”
8. “Sarah Palin is a visionary choice for Vice President, I think Senator McCain’s chances of being elected are now assured as is his Presidency being followed by eight years of President Palin.”
7. “As soon as it is launched, New Coke will soon become so widely loved that people will immediately forget there ever was a Classic Coke.”
6. ” There is no safer, more dependable or pleasurable way to travel than on the Hindenburg and its flight to America tomorrow will only prove that.”
5. “It is unfortunate to have to say this but now that Ebola has come to America, two thirds of the population will be infected by March 2015 and with most of America dead, the nation and necessary service will be run by well trained orangutans.”
4. “King George is getting it right by taxing those in America as heavily as he is and not allowing them any political power. This can only result in their acceptance of his rule over them and British control of America for many centuries to come.”
3. “I only needed ten minutes on the manufacturing floor to be able to declare that everyone in America will soon be driving an Edsel.”
2. “There is no doubt that next year, in 2001, America will be traumatized and brought to its knees due to one devastating attack on it…on the upcoming January 1st when it becomes the year 2000 and the Y2K bug sends jets crashing into cities, nuclear power plants blowing up and VCRs permanently flashing ’12:00′.”
1. “I know many people are concerned about him but when I met Germany’s new Chancellor, Mr. Hitler, I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy and we had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul. He’s a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country and I appreciate very much the frank dialogue and that’s the beginning of a very constructive relationship.”
(President George W. Bush later credited Netanyahu for using the same words when he met for the first time with Russian President Vladimir Putin.)