AdLib On March - 21 - 2012

In trying to play down how Mitt Romney will be damaged in a General Election from all the gaffes and attacks he’s suffered in the GOP primary so far, his aide referred to him in an interview as an Etch-A-Sketch, explaining he’ll be able to shake off everything and have a fresh start. Uh huh.

It started me thinking about what toys would best represent each of the GOP candidates so here’s a little list of toy candidates for the toy candidates:

IF MITT ROMNEY WAS A TOY HE COULD BE:

IF RICK SANTORUM WAS A TOY HE COULD BE:

IF NEWT GINGRICH WAS A TOY HE COULD BE:

IF RON PAUL WAS A TOY HE COULD BE:

Okay, your turn!

1. Now if they were a sex toy they would all be the same for obvious reasons. From the movie ‘Top Secret’.

2. The Etch-a-Sketch metaphor to describe Romney is not going to end until after the election. I think it just nails Romney for what he truly is. Along with being the Monopoly man it describes the whole reason Romney should not be president.

I think finding games to describe the other candidates is much more difficult and you did a great job for what you had to work with.

KT the 3 dimensional chess board to describe Obama on the other hand was pure genius.

Probably the best way to describe Gingrich is with a demented Chucky doll like I think KT posted too.

Santorum is tough because there are not many Christianist games but Dante’s Inferno a video game describes his exploits well.

Paul is just such a nut so I think the old game a barrel full of monkeys describes him and his followers.

3. choicelady says:

Years ago my brother and his friends made up a mock “commercial” that has come back to mind. It’s the perfect description of unleashing the GOPTEA party…

“Get Little Destructo! First thing he does outta the box is eat the box he came in! Be the first kid to be the last kid on your block! Get Little Destructo today!”

4. SallyT says:

What a fun thread! Thanks AdLib for a funny time tonight for us all!

Thanks for helping to make it so fun and funny, you had some hilarious posts. Everyone posted comments that cracked me up, I had as much fun if not more than everyone else!

This goes out to the Baggers out there:

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

As for the internal battle in the Republican Party:

[img][/img]

6. SallyT says:

Well, Romney’s campaign spokesman certainly was playing this game today!

[img][/img]

7. Definitely Gingrich;

[img]http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4623627284381773&id=76069a462a9ca79ba073ce2c76f9296a[/img]

How could Romney be anything other than…

[img][/img]

A robot Decepticon who’s a Transformer? I mean, come on…

Not to mention the “Revenge of the Fallen” title for the GOP…you can’t make this stuff up.

8. All three are in;

[img]http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4956534486664048&id=19326669e3cbf337440c75e0f8cfad51[/img]

9. SallyT says:

The Romney!

[img][/img]

To all, had to run out for my daughter’s baseball practice just after posting this and am just delighting in all the marvelous games, toys and gags that have been posted! Been laughing at so many of them, well done all, so hilarious!

Before I dive back in with more games for the GOP candidates, here’s a couple for Obama:

On Obama’s being President:

[img][/img]

What Obama’s message is to Republicans:

[img][/img]

When it comes to dealing with the Repubs in The House and the GOP candidates:

[img][/img]

11. Arianna;

[img]http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4909736522548628&id=a33ef280fb55b6f1eed9a92119e13db5[/img]

12. Chernynkaya says: