AdLib On March - 14 - 2012

Just a heads up that we’ve scheduled server maintenance for tonight and the site will be down for approximately an hour in the late evening, sometime between 10 am and 1 am.

Sorry for the inconvenience but this should help The Planet spin even better!

1. Nirek says:

AdLib, I use Google Chrome and keep getting “Bad Request”

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
    Cookie
    /n
    Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.35 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 Server at 23.91.125.189 Port 80p getting this when I click on a link or story.

It doesn’t give me trouble with explorer but I don’t like explorer. This problem is only on PlanetPOV and Chrome. Can you help me fix it?

Thanks Ad.

2. escribacat says:

Do yer magic, Adlib. We’ll still be here when you’re back.

3. SallyT says:

Oh gee, AdLib, that is hitting during my happy hours and when I am usually spinning myself! Nah, I am just kidding! Thank you for letting me know because I would hate to waste any of my time yelling at Comcast when it wasn’t them. I need to save my breath to be able to yell at them when it is and that is often during the weather we are having! (Okay, the weather isn’t their fault either.)
    Good luck in your maintenance project although I am sure it will go just fine and we will be spinning is all the right directions real soon!

Thanks Sally. Feel free to post tonight while the site is up, just copy your text before clicking the “Submit” button in case the site goes down in the meantime, that way you won’t lose your comment.

4. choicelady says:

Better severe maintenance than a severe conservative, I always say! Well…I’ve actually NEVER said it, but the sentiment remains.

It’s like taking your car in when the heebie-jeebies get under the hood. Not fun, but it’s gotta get done.

Thank you for undertaking the task, for helping the planet spin faster, and for being willing to put on the coveralls and slide under the carriage. We are all grateful. Tip’s in the mail…

I’m all for “better spinning” AdLib. 😀

Oh, there might be a remote chance of MB updates being delayed, so I apologize in advance if that should be the case, and will update as soon as I can. Thanks.