abby4ever On December - 30 - 2009

…to wish all of you a joyous New year

and to thank  you for the warm welcome

you have given me here at Planet.

abby

Written by abby4ever

To all my friends at Planet: I care passionately about 'all creatures great and small' throughout the world. In honor of them, I'd like to cite these two quotations: "The abuse of a harmless thing is the essence of sin." (A. W. Tozer (1897-1963) and "The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But: can they suffer?" (Jeremy Bentham (1748-1832) abby January 6, 2010

In the spirit of ma’ kith & kin, and Hogmanay:

May the best you’ve ever seen
    Be the worst you’ll ever see;
    May a moose ne’er leave yer girnal
    Wi’ a teardrop in his e’e.
    May ye aye keep hale and hearty
    Till ye’re auld enough tae dee,
    May ye aye be just as happy
    As I wish ye aye tae be.

Some Dougie MacLean (my fave version of Auld Lang Syne):

And something that gets me hot ev’ry time (any “Monarch of the Glen” fans?) -- a lass playin’ up the accent:

(I know Burns’ Supper is still weeks away, but I was goin’ on a theme)

2. Mogamboguru says:

Hi, Abby!

Great to see you around here!

Big hugs to my little squirrel from the big, bad Mogamboguru! :-)

• abby4ever says:

Mogambo! My first love!…er, well, my first cyber love. First blog love? Even though we used to bat each other around a bit, and hardly ever agree on anything, you were always one of my favorite posters.

I wish you a wonderful New Year.

abby the squirrel

• Mogamboguru says:

Back at you, my wise joung lady from very british/american heritage!

In fact: People who do some gardening and love birds AND cats cannot be THAT bad, or can they?

I wish you a jolly good year 2010, and that the vast majority of your important wishes may come true!

(Well, to wish for ALL your wishes to come true would be grasping a little too far, or wouldn’t it?)

CHEERS!

3. TheRarestPatriot says:

I thought I might post a brief Happy New Year to all of my friends here @ POV. All of you have lifted me up in so many ways this last…horrible year. I am a lucky man. I am a better man…simply for having all of you counted among my true friends….Thank you all so very much.
    Best wishes and profound peace in the coming year and all after!

• Emerald1943 says:

Good mornin’, TRP! I am glad to hear from you this morning!

You left one thing out…you are a very TALENTED MAN! For those here who might not have read your poetry, I highly recommend it! Beautiful work! I hope that you have more in the pipeline!

I hope I can be counted among your friends…you certainly are counted among mine! Here’s hoping you have a wonderful New Year! :-)

• TheRarestPatriot says:

Funny you should mention it, my friend…I just posted my last and…well…somewhat…adult poem for 2009 on the Arts & Entertainment page. I think it’s a decent enough ending to the 1st half of my bizarro life. I struggle to find hope…I often find it here.

• Emerald1943 says:

It is always here, just as it was for me last week as I faced a terrible loss! I wrote that the support was actually palpable…and I swear that it was!

My sister mentioned that “something happened” in regard to her recovery. She, too, sensed something, even in her haze of fever, that gave her strength. Some people will say that we have over-active imaginations…but there are stranger things in heaven and earth! I do believe in the power of collective thoughts!

And what are we here for if not to help each other??? :-)

4. Emerald1943 says:

Happy New Year, all you beautiful PlanetPeople! I wish a healthy, happy, and prosperous one for each and every one of you!

Some good news for me…my kid sister is out of ICU. I spoke with her at length last night. As I wrote yesterday, she has had something of an epiphany when she realized how close to death she had been. She told me of food tasting better, the TV being much more interesting, and she admitted that she stared at the telephone for a long time, marveling at the technology! She has requested that someone bring her laptop to the hospital…I hope I can get her to write something. I am still the most grateful person in the world for the “gift” of her life! That is all I need to have a happy new year!

Thank you again for all the wonderful words of support!

Love and peace to you all!

5. Tiger99 says:

Happy New Year to All and don’t forget the “Blue Moon” tonight…

6. javaz says:

Good morning and a very Happy New Year!
    Wishing everyone the best for the New Year.

A special hug for ((((Kalima)))) and hope you are okay and hoping you have a better New Year.
    You are in my heart and prayers.

• Emerald1943 says:

It’s so great to listen to Stevie sing while I write this reply! Stevie is one of my most favorite artists! What a genius!! Thanks, javaz!

And I send my best to Kalima too! I hope this new year will be a better one for her, as well as for all of you too!

7. VegasBabe says:

Thank you dearest Abby and a very Happy New Year to you as well and to the entire Planet family!! Good Health, prosperity and PEACE to each and every one here! :)

8. boomer1949 says:

abby,

How thoughtful and kind; some of my “best” friends neither call nor send a card. Cheers!

9. whatsthatsound says:

Hi Abby, and all Planeteers. Kalima and I are the first ones to close out the old year and usher in the new, so I wish you all a Happy 2010 filled with blessings and moments you will treasure.