KillgoreTrout On January - 11 - 2014

Greetings and salutations Planet folk! I was thinking of a universal theme for this weekend and what better one than Life, The Universe and Everything? I was going to title this, Mishigas, the Yiddish word for craziness, that abounds throughout The TPGOP, but I reconsidered, because who could out-crazy the craziest people in the country? Sooo, pick your favorite songs about the universe, planets, stars and moons, space travel…etc. Also post songs about life or anything else you think of. And remember to smile while doing so! 😉

Across the Universe

OFFICIAL Klaatu “Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft”

Jeff Beck – How High The Moon

Frank Sinatra – That’s Life

Space Truckin – Deep Purple

Categories: Music, Music Thread

Written by KillgoreTrout

Once a wander, working vagabond, fellow traveler on this 3rd stone from the sun. Hurtling through space and time. Lover of books (especially the classics), all kinds of books from novels, poetry, essay collections, fiction and nonfiction and a big Kurt Vonnegut fan. I am a secular humanist and technically an atheist.....Taoist.

1. Nirek says:

One piece at a time…

2. Beatlex says:

Killgore,here is another one Hoyt wrote,with his mother! True story
    Mama Told Me not to Come-Three Dog Night

3. Nirek says:

Johnny Cash again.

4. Nirek says:

This one is for all our veterans.

5. Nirek says:

I carried a deck of cards in Vietnam.

6. King Crimson -- Starless

7. Nirek says:

Big bad John.

8. Nirek says:

Sitting on the dock…

9. SmotPoker says:

This one is a bit personal. This CD was a real integral part of my divorce. I wsa jamming to this CD all across the country as I left Idaho, and returned home to Michigan.

The Sun -- Maroon 5

10. SmotPoker says:

Walking On The Sun -- Smashmouth

11. SmotPoker says:

The Byrds -- 8 Miles High

12. SmotPoker says:

Here ya go fellas, the official SmotPoker theme song. You may recognize the artist from the television show The League.

High As Fuck -- Jon Lajoie

• SP, I’ve taken LSD more than 200 times. I’ve looked in the mirror with eyes so dialated that the whole eye looked black. I’ve done mushrooms more than a few times.

I once joined in an official 4th of July parade, marching by myself and was pulled out by the cops for interrupting a parade. I’ve done acid at Grateful dead shows and examined insect activity under a bush, and it looked like a modern city.

I do know what it’s like to go into a supermarket and think, shit, they know I’m stoned.

I think we have a bit of a glance beyond the norm and we are richer for it.

• SmotPoker says:

I hear ya KT. I used to sell Orange Sunshine, and Purple Microdots way back in the day, and I’ve done my fair share of hallucinogens. Used to be my favorite high, but these days I stick to the fine high grade, world class cannabis I have at my disposal legally. I figure I got lucky surviving the stupidity of my youth with my invulnerability intact…

I get high, and I get creative as hell. That article I wrote a couple of weeks back was driven by a nice buzz. Last night while kind of participating in the weekly live chat I got to dreaming a bit, and came up with this. I’m not a rapper or anything so it could be a rap song or a poem I’m not sure at this point.

Citizen Sheep

Gotta work like a dog from dusk to dawn,
        keep ya working till ya can’t go on
        Work it to the bone till you collapse in a heap
        That’s the destiny of the Citizen Sheep

The Citizen Sheep is as blind as can be
        It’s eyes are fully open still they don’t see
        The Citizen Sheep doesn’t think for themselves
        They declare their allegiance to Santa and his elves
        The Citizen Sheep is awake yet asleep
        The Citizen Sheep accepts his fate without a peep

The bankers they laugh with unbridled glee
        If they get caught they cop a plea for immunity
        They’ll pay a fine that’s miniscule
        For you see it’s all well, as gold makes the rule
        They’ve got their gold, they ignore the ridicule

The Citizen Sheep is as blind as can be
        It’s eyes are fully open yet they don’t see
        The Citizen Sheep doesn’t think for themselves
        They declare their allegiance to Santa and his elves
        The Citizen Sheep is awake yet asleep
        The Citizen Sheep accepts his fate without a peep

The badges will search you at any time
        Matters not that you committed no crime
        The NSA has ears on your phone
        Shit, they even got cameras in your home
        Illegal as shit, but it’s spun to the masses
        It’s for your own good, we’ve got your asses.

Citizen Sheep better wake the fuck up
        Society has gone completely bankrupt
        The winds of change are in the air
        The Citizen Sheep better beware
        The Citizen Sheep is in the wolves lair

A Nation of Sheep, Begets A Government of Wolves. -- Edward R. Murrow

13. Creedence Clearwater Revival -- Bad Moon Rising

14. Jefferson Airplane -- Embryonic Journey

15. HOYT AXTON Snowblind Friend

This is the man who wrote Heartbreak Hotel, and The Pusher.

16. Cassandra Wilson -- Harvest Moon

Ad Lib posted the original, by Neil Young earlier, but I just wanted to post this version by Cassandra and her fellow musicians. It’s just a beautiful rendition. Her voice is so rich and soulful.

17. Here comes the sun- The Beatles

18. Nirek says:

TWO great talented men.

19. Nirek says:

Pure talent.

20. ERIC BURDON & THE ANIMALS -- Sky Pilot

21. Nirek says:

If Kitty Wells married Conway Twitty , she would be Kitty Twitty!

22. Nirek says:

Heck, who knew Terry Bradshaw could sing?

23. Nirek says:

Who knew Festus could sing, Mr. Dillon?

24. Nirek says:

More Sons.

25. Nirek says:

Something different.

26. Elton John -- Rocket Man

27. Nirek says:

Did you know who invented rock and roll? Fred Hurley.

28. Nirek says:

The guy in the rear…

These guys are too funny.

29. David Bowie -- Space Oddity