AdLib On September - 14 - 2013

ice-hotel

As the dog days of summer start to chase the cars heading towards fall, as the threat of attacking Syria seems to be fading into a sweet sixteen party for Vladimir Putin and as the GOP snake takes a break from attacking Obama to devouring itself, it seems like a great time to just chill out.

This weekend’s music thread is for cool songs, the songs that relax you and cool you off when the heat is on. Whether literally about cold things or just about chillin’ out, share the songs that keep you cool.

Long Cool Woman – The Hollies

The Blue – David Gilmour

Stretching Out – Mark Knopfler

Jessica – The Allman Brothers Band

Do it Again – Steely Dan

Categories: Music Thread

1. foodchain says:

KT, thaks for this. Hey to all. Norah Jones--she’s on now while I’m cooking. God, I’ve been chopping forever, but she’s Cooooool.

I think Marvin Gaye; “What’ Going On”

Dave Brubeck, the whole “take Five” album. Really, I will try to hear him tomorrow.

While I would like to retire (at a modest 67yrs) life is not giving me that but I do have my kids here. We are trying our best to make a Mom and Pop consulting business incorporate 2 more people. The income demand just shot up and we are all stressed.

Would love to do more on Chilll.

2. Van Morrison -- And It Stoned Me

3. Nina Simone -- Fine & Mellow

4. The 5th Dimension-Stoned Soul Picnic

5. Donovan -- Mellow Yellow

Sade -- The Sweetest Taboo

Summertime -- The Zombies

Take It Easy -- The Eagles

Hypnotized -- Fleetwood Mac

Touch of Grey -- Grateful Dead

Sunny Afternoon -- The Kinks

9. Nirek says:

I think Doris Day sang better than any other singer. In this song she sang two parts , high and low. Blended together so beautifully.

Hope you like her as much as I do.

10. Nirek says:

Two people that I admire and can sing like crazy.

It’s Sunday morning not afternoon, and I hear distant thunder. but never mind, I like this song.

The Young Rascals-Groovin’ On A Sunday Afternoon

Miles Davis & John Coltrane -- Kind of blue

Randy Crawford -- Give Me The Night (Album Version)

12. Thanks again Ad for taking the wheel once more. I’m still on the Cape visiting the mom, but will be back in Columbus Monday night. Then I will be back to a regular routine.

Louis Armstrong-Rockin’ Chair