AdLib On May - 7 - 2011

With what must be the best week of Pres. Obama’s presidency so far, he’s back in the saddle again. So this weekend’s theme is about making good things happen and getting back to where you once belonged.

You can guess the kickoff selection:

Back in the Saddle – Aerosmith

Get Back – The Beatles

The Best – Tina Turner

Theme to Superman

My Way – Sex Pistols

Categories: Music Thread

1. KillgoreTrout says:

The Eurhythmics--I Saved The World Today;

2. KillgoreTrout says:

Muddy Waters--I’m A Man;

3. BlueStateMan says:

OFF TOPIC…. but I tried to submit 2 stories and they are still “PENDING”.

I also noted that I can’t “publish” anymore.. only able to “SUBMIT FOR REVIEW”.

WTF?

• bito says:

BlueSateMan, I will look at them as soon as I get the chance. Hey, it’s Sunday! :-)

• BlueStateMan says:

Jes wondering….. it’s been a few days.

Also, what’s up with the “SUBMIT FOR REVIEW” thing??????

We try our best BSM, most times there are just the two of us, and because of my time zone, it’s just bito, and this is a voluntary admin.

The reason the posts go to pending as bito explained, we have a minimum standard for posts here. Post image, categories, tags and featured image. Not many people complete this, so it’s time consuming. The pending is to review and edit the requirements I just mentioned, and if we don’t publish them immediately, it’s because we don’t have the time, or we allow commenting on other posts first, to make sure everyone gets a fair chance. Sometimes there are just too many posts waiting to get to them all, and none of us are here 24/7.

Sorry for the delay, we will check into it as soon as we can. Thanks.

• bito says:

BSM, because most posts aren’t finished and need editing before being published and we attempt to spread them out so they all get a chance to be read and commented on.

KMFDM -- Superhero

5. SallyT says:

How about, “I’m Popeye the Sailor Man”? I mean he did send in the Seals and I bet Obama eats his spinach. I don’t know how you guys download these songs on here. I still have trouble loading a CD in the car’s player.

• SallyT says:

Or “Eight Days A Week” by the Beatles.

Eight days a week
      I love you
      Eight days a week
      Is not enough to show I care.

Okay, enough of me.

6. ADONAI says:

Ozzy Osbourne -- Flying High Again

7. jkkFL says:

All hat-no horse! A little retort to dubya :)

8. choicelady says:

BTW AdLib -- thank you SO much for not giving us Gene Autrey’s “Back in the Saddle”. He was so far right he make Dick Cheney look liberal. Though, on reflection, having Gene sing for Obama might be some kind of justice? Still and all -- this is MUCH better!

• SallyT says:

My Dad could sing every song of Gene Autrey’s, so, when I hear one of his songs, Dad is in the room again. He loved to sing “You Are My Sunshine”. He would take my sister, Mom, and me out on Sunday drives to check the crops and always singing that song. Oh, he could let go with some Hank Williams, too. (of course that is Sr not Jr.) “Hey, Hey Good Lookin”. And, the best part is, Dad had a good voice.
      Choicelady, of course when Gene Autrey was a Republican, they were Republicans, not like those today. However, either way, Dad didn’t like him for his politic, just the songs.

9. ADONAI says:

Tenacious D -- Master Exploder

I think I get the theme. It’s about kicking ass, right? In the metaphorical sense.

10. zenith1959 says:

Another appropriate song from back in the top 40 days

11. KillgoreTrout says:

Blues Brothers--Peter Gunn Theme (just for badass-ness);

12. SueInCa says:

Well good night everyone. It was nice being hre for a short while but I have to go get my rest. Don’t want a relapse. Have a great Mother’s Day.

13. Sabreen60 says: