AdLib On January - 14 - 2011

For the first time, President Barack Obama and former Governor Sarah Palin debate each other on what’s occurred in Arizona, the tone of rhetoric in politics and the American people:

1. bito says:

Now over 1,100 views!!

Am I old, wrong or just plain sexist, but should she have worn a blouse for her “presidential” statement?

2. bito says:

A trip down memory lane?

Sarah Palin blamed by the US Secret Service over death threats against Barack Obama

Sarah Palin’s attacks on Barack Obama’s patriotism provoked a spike in death threats against the future president, Secret Service agents revealed during the final weeks of the campaign.
    The Secret Service warned the Obama family in mid October that they had seen a dramatic increase in the number of threats against the Democratic candidate, coinciding with Mrs Palin’s attacks.

Michelle Obama, the future First Lady, was so upset that she turned to her friend and campaign adviser Valerie Jarrett and said: “Why would they try to make people hate us?

After Tucson shootings, Sarah Palin isn’t retreating, she’s reloading

MSNBC is dealing with the same situation even as we speak, Khirad, with Pat Buchanan ardently defending his “woman” Sarah (who, we find out, is going to speak at a gun show this week!).

Liked this paragraph from the article:

“Doubtless there are conservatives who will thrill to Ms. Palin’s pugnacity,” writes columnist Doyle McManus in the Los Angeles Times. “But voters in the center, where presidential elections are won, don’t like the idea of politics as a blood sport. They yearn for vision, stature, steadiness, a nod toward the ideal of bipartisan compromise and evidence of real competence – from conservative and liberal candidates alike. Ms. Palin has given them none of those things.”

4. bito says:

Introducing Ms. Palin

Google? You-Tube?

Unbelievable bito, like closing your eyes and picking a place on a map with your finger. The fact that they can even sit there and talk about it is quite amazing. I have no time for the Mark whateverhisname guy on the left (of the screen I mean) otherwise he’s quite Right in his leanings on that awful “Morning Joe” show.

So now we know how McCain chose his VP, Eeny Meeny Miny Mo. I thank the Lord he lost, now I just wish he’s get over it.

5. boomer1949 says:

kalima,

yes dear i do, and a brilliant rhinestone saddle to boot, which I cherish.

however, being the self-absorbed, liberal democrat i am, i have decided there needs to be more payback for my efforts. forget the pony, just focus on the damn mug thingy already. πŸ˜‰

***and since when did “news” pundits become clinical psychologists and/or psychiatrists?

what is it about “fueling a fire” these people (pundit/analysts) don’t understand?

Puhleeze?!?

Sarah Lee Harasser needs to set every last one of them straight; thank you very much.

I am sick and tired of professionals attempting to be professional in their non-profession of choice. Good grief!

Yes, I wanted to be a nurse like kes, oh my goodness, did i ever. However, I have enough common sense, much less stupidity, to know I am BEYOND unqualified to analyze what kes does when she is caring for her patients.

Gwen, and Washington Week, has just lost a viewer. As soon as I wrap my head around this, I intend to write a long, hand-written and candid letter to Gwen. I was so proud of her when she left NBC, yet the Koch Boys, however remotely, sign her paycheck.

I could go on and on, but this is not the appropriate venue.

Seriously? Just pisses me off!

Oh dear boomer, when you hear what I was required to analyze (and that word is sooooo extremely appropriate) this past week, you will never envy a nurse again.

Scenario: patient’s given current obsession is swallowing her own jewelry. The earring is clearly visible in her colon on the x-ray.

What would be the only way to make sure the patient is in the clear?

(Keeping in mind that when kidney stones are suspected, the order is to “strain all urine.”)

“Mugythingy” boomer, did the cats break your’s?

I’m all for getting annoyed about things I believe are wrong and do admire your letter writing, but believe that staying annoyed is only harming ourselves both mentally and physically. If I thought that all the screaming and shouting around us would do any good, I would say go for it, however remember who you are dealing with, this won’t change the basic feelings or conscience of any of them. They are biding their time like rabid dogs, ears and tails low until they feel it’s safe to start all over again. The public might have had second thoughts about the bitterness of the past two years or more, but the politicians saw how well it worked for them in the midterms, do you think that they will change lanes now that they have control of the House, I don’t.

So as much as I cheer you on, watch your BP, none of them are worth a trip to the hospital, none of them are worth the dog poop that we occasionally might step in, they are the dog poop that we might occasionally step in. Take off your shoe and scape them off. The more loudly we protest, the more they will enjoy making us mad, you can’t reason with people who have no idea of wrong and right, these people who have no conscience stay that way.

6. javaz says:

Sarah Lee Harasser!

Are you putting less salt in your baking?

LMAO

• Sarah Lee Harasser says:

You love my chocolate cake. ADMIT IT!

So what if it makes people bloat? It’s worth every penny of a box of OTC diuretic pills

7. Sarah Lee Harasser says:

I tried SO HARD to be a troll on this site. What gave me away!?

8. boomer1949 says:

7:49 EST 248 Views…

Are views from FB part of the total?

9. Chernynkaya says:

Howard Stern vomits on Palin--scroll down for the audio. As far as I’m concerned, he nails it, and her. (WARNING: offensive language!)

10. Sarah Lee Harasser says:

Talkin’ ’bout me are ya? I like that!

There’s a thin line between love ‘n hate, my friends.

• javaz says:

LOL

Are you supposed to be Sarah Palin?

Could you tell us the newspapers that you read?

Could you tell us the books that you’ve read in the last 6 months?

Would you tell us your plans to bridge the differences and reach across the aisle?

Do you believe that President Obama is a United States citizen?

Do you think that the lame-stream media never gives you the chance to tell the country your plans on bringing back JOBS?

Do you think that Social Security and Medicare need to be ended to save the deficit?

Do you believe in a minimum wage?

Do you support more tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations?

Do you think that the USA must go to war with North Korea?
      and
      Iran

11. Sarah Lee Harasser says:

I am the new Ronald Reagan.

Blood Adlibel and the rest of you libs can kiss the tundra of my nether regions.

Nice try juxtaposing me defending myself and Obama addressing the good people of Tucson. Apples and Oranges anyone?

I have prodigious intellectual gifts. I just play ignorant to appear folksy. William F. Buckley couldn’t out wordsmith me hard as he tried, poor dude.

12. javaz says:

Sarah who?

Isn’t she a ‘Reality TV’ person?

Why should we care what Reality TV Sarah Palin thinks?

Did anyone ask Snookie her opinion?

Snookie also wrote a book, but thank you very much, I’ll pass on spending money to buy that book.

13. bito says:

Suggestion, everyone watch on You-Tube and if you are able, comment.
    Already, at 214 views.

Bito, thanks for the assist! BTW, views are counted through embedding too so if you watch it here or there, it will be counted just the same. Still, adding comments on our YouTube page would be great.

Almost 250 views so far since this morning, not bad. Thanks all!!!

14. Chernynkaya says:

Oh, wow. That was masterful-- and I wish all the networks had this video!! The. End.

Actually, I just published a piece that does something similar, but --oh gee--I kind of wish I’d read this first.

GREAT work, AdLib! Thank you for this.