Marion On December - 14 - 2009

BEWARE OF GREEKS CAUSING RIFTS IN YOUR POLITICAL PARTY/MOVEMENT …

I’m on a mission. I’m utterly angered and repulsed that so many people on the Left are bamboozled by a phoney shill, who purports to be a Progressive.

People need to learn to think critically and investigate the background and modus operandi of every media talking head who puts forth an idea as fact. If you don’t, you just aren’t thinking. The saddest thing that can happen to a person is for his intellect to stultify.

There’s a particular media person who’s really getting up my tits at the moment. Just like I had George Bush pegged as the ineffectual frat boy that he turned out to be, I’ve had this one pegged for the last 28 years, ever since her rather ignominious departure from the United Kingdom after brazenly trying to appropriate a place amongst the serious British media intelligensia. (Don’t be fooled: the fact that Kirsty Wark – the most dipshitbrained political commentator and ‘pet Scot’ fo the BBC – interviewed her recently only served one purpose – Huffington’s stupidity made the equally vapid Wark look good).

I suppose our fathers and grandfathers, the so-called Greatest Generation, had to deal with Tokyo Rose and Axis Annie. Now we have to deal with the Greek Whoracle. I always thought, being the grandchild of three, that naturalised Americans came to this country to savour freedom. Instead the Whoracle came to enhance her brand and further her own interests, all the while criticising any and all Administrations which got in her way. I suppose Michael Huffington’s loss to Barbara Boxer in the Senate campaign and his subsequent ‘outing’ (and thus ending of the business arrangement that was her marriage) put paid to her ultimate ambition of becoming a First Lady with an ‘intellectual political salon.’

She’s weighing in on everything with no experience or expertise, shouting down people whose knowledge is better, and criticising everything our President does with no basis whatsoever. In her past two television appearances, she’s managed to shout down both Jane Mayer and John Podesta, both of whom have infinitely more experience in matters Afghan than she can ever hope to have. As she’s adamantly demanding President Obama reveal all his strategy behind his escalation of troops in Afghanistan, I’m absolutely gobsmacked at this assertion.

Lady, this is war. And in war, sometimes you have to keep your cards close to your chest – mostly, so assholes like you can hazard second-guessing. You show everyone your hand and your enemy has you by the short and curlies … or maybe that’s what you want? Maybe you’re the obvious spy, the dog in the manger, whose demands are so ridiculously silly that no one would ever think that you’re working for ‘the other side.’

Ah, but who is the other side? Well, we haven’t heard much from the teabaggers and the birthers lately, have we? But we’ve been hearing a lot of the Left’s base who’ve obviously been breathing in the toxic fumes of the Whoracle’s Koolaid. These are so-called rational people – well, I’m rational too; and I never believed the Damascene conversion the first time around when it happened to St Paul, and I’m sure as hell skeptical about someone who promoted Newt Gingrich as the saviour of America in the 1990s, blatantly and openly campaigned for Bill Clinton’s impeachment at the same time, supported John McCain in 2000, hurrah’d George Bush’s surge and voted him in a second time, enabled Ahhnold in his bid for governor after her own laughable ‘campaign’ tanked, and suddenly woke up the morning after the 2004 Election to ‘realise’ she’s a Progressive?

As the Brits would say, ‘Pull the other one. It’s got bleeding bells on.’

Like Rupert Murdoch, she runs with the hares and hunts with the hounds; and at the end of the day, it’s all about herself and her ego. That someone of the calibre of George Stephanopolous keeps giving her the kudos by allowing her to appear on his roundtable and spew her toxic venom and ignorance is a disappointment. Perhaps it’s something to do with the Greek connection. Well, Major Hasan’s a Virginian too, but I’m not about to land on the side of someone who opens fire on and kills 13 people.

Nope, the reason we haven’t heard from out teabagging friends on the Right is because their seemingly more intelligent counterparts on the Left, having drunk the Koolaid-flavoured retsina offered up by the Whoracle, are doing the job of debunking and discrediting President Obama for them.

Perhaps when President Palin ascends the Oval Office throne, there’ll be a place at her side for the Media Whoracle too. Two good ones together, and all enabled by the totally puerile and immature base of the left, throwing a massive hissy fit and not voting for a reasonable, rational, sensitive and intelligent man. We thought we’d done something right, only to be told by a media shill that we haven’t, and she’s telling us what to do about it.

Hello?

One great Progressive voice recently said, ‘Faith is the absence of critical thinking.’
But I wonder how long he will continue to be a ‘progressive voice?’

Just remember this: In the end, you get the government you deserve. Maybe y’all deserve Palin.

And in the meantime, read the bloggings of one Greek who’s not afraid to call out a Media Whoracle out for the phoney she is.

Categories: Huffington Post

1. Mogamboguru says:

So that you know:

The greek bitch killed your’s truly poster Mogamboguru in her forum this morning.

Mogambogugu doesn’t exist any more on the HuffingtonBitch.

And the best thing is: She did so without reason!

I did hardly comment on anything over the past days, because I was busy elsewhere!

I was butchered from behind completely out of the blue!

Says a lot about this bitch’s and her shills’ characters, doesn’t it?

SAYONARA, HuffingtonBitch!

• escribacat says:

When I was first posting there, I thought they had a lot of software bugs that caused random posts to disappear and people to disappear. Now I just think they are either psychotic or it’s a frat boy party back there in the scrubbing room and they get their kicks out of messing with people.

• Marion says:

Her mods aren’t paid, you know. She pays very few of the people who work for her. Guess they liked slavery in ancient Greece, which probably explains her antipathy to Obama.

• Mogamboguru says:

Arianna hates it if someone posts comments running detrimental to her own political agenda.

Seems like I was too critical on some of her “darling”-topics over the past days.

• escribacat says:

I’d say about 75% of my posts are about how HuffyPuff slants the news and tries to get people worked up using incendiary headlines. I don’t know why I haven’t been scrubbed yet.

• Chernynkaya says:

All I can say, Mo, is you look none the worse for wear. In fact, you look swell! But I’m sorry anyway. That place was fun for many months for me. Welcome “home.”

Mo! You were missed here, if that’s any consolation.

You’re not the first to have been banned without notice or reason. I have no idea what is going on “over there.” It seems almost entirely random.

Nevertheless, welcome back here.

2. zizyphus says:

Great article! I will say one good thing for Arianna, if she hadn’t set up HP, which we all enjoyed so much in the beginning, would we all be at this site today?

The big change that occurred after she got the hedge funds to invest and the computer moderation program running, have pretty much wrecked HP for now. Maybe forever. Just doesn’t have the same feeling there.

I am glad to see that this site continues to grow and improve, and am enjoying reading the articles, thanks to all.

3. escribacat says:

I’m not at all a conspiracy theorist, but when I looked over that list of Oak Investments, I noticed Whole Foods was on there. Then I remembered the CEO of Whole Foods coming out against health care reform.

Okay, I know. That’s a stretch.

4. KevenSeven says:

Hairyanna is obviously a hoot, and we all get our jollies bagging on her. An interesting point is that she clearly detests HRC. Any Clintonista who ventured to HP during the primary can tell you all you need to know about that. Hairy did all she could to deny the nomination to Hill.

So what was she thinking? That Obama was great and Hill terrible, and Dog forbid that Hill win the nomination? Could Hairy be bent that Obama appointed Hill SecState?

Or is it all just a need to be in opposition? The whole Contrarian thing gets you more ink than agreeing all the time?

On the other hand is the PUMA attitude which has not receded. A prime dealer in that mess was Jane Hamsher. Jane at least is consistent. I don’t know that she ever had a kind word for Obama. That’s OK. What is strange is that Jane pretended to believe that HRC was more liberal than was Obama.

Cough. HRC was more pure than Obama. Well, I suppose we can all convince ourselves of anything under the right circumstances. Certainly Obama is insufficiently pure today to satisfy Hamsher.

Who are the pundits in the business of burnishing Obama’s image? I watch so little TV, I’m behind the curve on this one.

5. Hopeington says:

Thought I’d bring bito’s link back up to the top. for Oak Investments. http://www.oakinv.com/
    I counted 13 health care type business out of the 450 they are affiliated with. So yes, I do believe they are just picking up the slack because it’s not really tea party weather right now.
    Excellent reasoning Marion. The Greek Whoracle was the absolute best I’ve heard yet, and thanks for that disgusting picture because I thoroughly dislike like the way they put up the most unflattering pics, the last one I complained about was Chelsea Clinton and her fiance, they had the happy couple looking like miserable dogs.
    I only started posting over there during the election, but right from the beginning I knew not to click any of the whoracle’s stories, and judging from the comments left, no one else was reading them either.
    I started getting scrubbed so much, I got another profile and handled it differently to see if they scrubbed me as much…they didn’t, so sometimes I use rollingballafire and just post sane little trite things. They wipe more than half of what I say as Hopeington, so why bother trying at all.
    On a positive note, all that banning got me here, where I feel like I can exercise my intelligence and actually grow. I don’t know how long this site has been here but I’m glad to get in on the ground floor and look forward to the coming years and growth of the Planet…long winded but going to continue.
    I will say I’m disappointed, I had a great many days over there and enjoyed getting fanned for my words and not my looks or actions.
    I learned a lot and found other great places that could have taken days to find.
    I love the Planet though, I had been looking for another place and it was so hard to post comments at other sites, like media matters and FDL because they were heavily monitored and if you didn’t get you comment in before 5pm, you either didn’t get posted or, on Friday you waited til Monday so there was no dialoging.
    For a while I was pissed because the righties were taking over, I remember when they came on board and said that was their intention, now I just don’t care, they can have themselves, when I went there today, that’s about all there was……pure negativity,( I will admit I left a comment)
    I’m a fan of everyone here and I appreciate you all soooo much
    I love being on the Planet!!! Hugs and kisses!!!

• Marion says:

You all DO know that Whoreanna’s books just never sell? She’s back plugging Pigs at the Trough now again, and I think the highest that got was number 44 on the Times Best-Seller List.

They never ever sell well -- you can easily see that her writing style is not the best, and I’m suspicious that someone ghosts her. Then there was the matter of the little plagiarism trial which resulted in one of her early works getting pulped and facilitated Whoreanna’s rather precipitous departure from the UK.

Nobody buys her books. Ann Coulter writes best-sellers. Whoreanna doesn’t. Ann has her own neocon audience, but no Progressive buys Whoreanna’s work.

6. Chernynkaya says:

All righty friends, dinner is served, and I’m out for the day. You all have a great evening!

7. bitohistory says:

Pepe, you said earlier that you just got turned on to Think Progress. Be sure you check their links and the other posts on the site. Mathew Yeglasias, Wonk Room, progress report…..Lot to learn on that site.

8. Chernynkaya says:

Gawd. I just took a peek at the “Authors’ Corner” tab, thinking I’d eavesdrop, and found out it’s for US!

All this time, (well, all the week I’ve been here)I’ve been thinking that there were real authors, and then there was us. I could have asked for tech help at the authors’ corner because --Hello?-- I AM an author here!

~Light bulb~~

Good night everyone, I might not make it back in time to see many of you. Have a good what is left of your evening. Take care and be safe,

DOWN WITH FLUFF&PUFF!

10. TheRarestPatriot says:

I swear I can’t stop looking at that profoundly disturbing mash-up of AH’s face above…LMAO~

Guess who’s gonna’ have nightmares?….LOL~

Saw her on TV Sunday, and this pic is not too far off the mark. Her Word Of The Day was--ta da!--“lackadaisical.” She used it over and over and over again to describe her perception of Obama’s responses to just about everything. How do you describe something that’s a cross between being irritating and boring? Boritating? That’s what she was.

• bitohistory says:

K’esmarn, they critiqued the Pres. last month saying one year after the election, this month they are grading him. Next month what? Can they at least wait a year from when he was in office or does he have to solve everything in 6 days?

b’ito, isn’t it exasperating? My one hope is that the public tires of this endless critiquing and bashing and, in response, begins to have more sympathy for the Prez (as the endearing underdog, if for no other reason…even though there are many nobler reasons to have sympathy for him). At least there’s a good amount of time for the tide of public opinion to turn in his favor. He has three more years (7, Lord willing) and many things can change in that time. After surviving the horrors of the Bush years, we have to pray that things can only get better from here on. When voters see that, maybe it’ll take some of the wind out of the critics’ sails.

• Chernynkaya says:

Irksome? Tedious? BLOVIATING??

11. TheRarestPatriot says:

Well examined, Marion. I called her out about 4 months ago and got banned…not just once, but 4 times. I even wrote her a direct letter about how I felt with regards to her website slowly, then rabidly (and rapidly) becoming an obvious safe-haven for trolls and right wing lurkers. I had been a contributing member of Off The Bus (a feature blog spot of election volunteers)so it’s not like I was coming in off the street as an unknown. I was taken OFF the bus and had my account banned. Seriously, for asking a fucking question. It reminded me of Catholic school, where I asked too many questions and was stabbed by a nun with a pencil! I still have the pencil lead embedded under my skin !
    In any event, AH is a media whore now. All of your history of her is spot on and SO many do not know or care about it. People don’t want to admit they’ve embraced a golden calf. She is dangerous and within the last 6 months she’s gone full tilt banshee. So has her site. I was just there reading the posts and not only do I see a vacuum of intelligent conversation, I literally see trolls as the majority of MOST posts! Any new headline is swamped immediately by the FOX News crowd absolutely destroying way any for the Libs to speak. It’s become a Town Hall meeting of tea-baggers! I was/am shocked, yet not surprised.
    She is dangerous…’nuff said….

12. javaz says:

Welcome to the Plant POV, Marion!
    And thank you for a well written article.
    I deleted my account on HP last week and let me tell you that was liberating.
    I think the best way that we can deal with AH is to ignore her and her site.

The best way to get back at a person is through their wallet.

And the more of us who boycott AH and don’t go to her site and click articles, the less money she will receive.

Let it go.

Don’t give her the time of day.

There are other sites better, and one of them Planet POV.

Just as I refuse to watch Fox News, I refuse to visit HP.

The more of us that turn her off, the better it will be.

The more we talk about her and her site, is similar to talking about Sarah Palin.

Don’t make AH or SP relevant by clicking on their sites or giving them the time of day.

13. FrankenPC says:

This is sad. I used to look up to AH. This is one grand lesson for everyone: Greed corrupts always. No one is exempt.

Roy Sekoff of HuffPo was just on the Ed Show being the smarmy dick that he is, assailing Obama for answering a question from Oprah about what grade he should be given for his first year in office.

Obama said B +, for averting what looked like an inevitable second Depression, for getting Health care reform to near passage, etc.

Sekoff instead said it was far lower and stabbed him in the back, blaming HIM for Congress’ action on Health Care, Congress’ action in changing the Stimulus bill and many other CONGRESSIONAL actions. He kept repeating “timidity” as Obama’s style of leadership.

Is Sekoff really so poorly informed as to what Congress does as opposed to the President? No. He is Arianna’s point man in trying to smear and undermine this president under the guise of sticking up for Progressives.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what damaging the public’s view of Obama and the Dem congress would mean in 2010 and possibly 2012.

A smaller Dem majority in Congress which won’t be able to move ANY Progressive issues forward and by 2012, maybe even a GOP majority in one or both houses.

This is what Sekoff and his boss Arianna and HuffPo are working towards. And how many of the faithful Progressives blogging at HuffPo recognize that they are being stabbed in the back?

(BTW, I showed a bit of restraint here, I was so pissed off at seeing that interview that I was going to insult Sekoff by referring to him as Suckoff but decided not to. Whoops!)

• KevenSeven says:

I’m not sure that Obama is not missing a chance to lead at this time.

Rumor, which I am careful to not accept on face value, has it that Rham is pushing Reid to make Loserman happy.

I have my doubts about Rham.

• bitohistory says:

AdLib I was emailing the ed show (with a link to this site and this post, when Sukoff was on the show. Certainly made me add another dozen lines to my email. Who knows if they ever get read but it is worth a try.
      What was that shit that Ed brought up about Obama and his legacy? Where did he pull that out of…..?

After hearing about the FU nellie got and growing tired of Ed’s BS populist rants, I have lost an enormous amount of interest and of course respect for him.

He is a left wing blowhard that Jon Stewart also shows now respect for. KO and Rachel are smart, informed and not emotionally driven into their opinions, can’t say the same about Ed…and his overly emotional outrage makes me suspicious of how much he truly believes of what he says and how much is pandering for ratings.

• Marion says:

I am from the Socialist Communist Democratic People’s Republic of (Northern) Virginia -- born and raised there. Yet, according to McCain and Palin, I’m not a ‘real’ Virginian.

‘Real Virginians’ come from the rural Southwest or the backward Tidewater regions.

Well, Lynndie England comes from the southwest and Ed Schulz comes from the Tidewater. I guess they ARE ‘real Virginians.’ (Jon Stewart, a graduate of William & Mary, would be well familiar with the blowhard Ed Schulz types. They are pretty common -- common, being the operative word -- there).

• bitohistory says:

Oh I agree AdLib, I have written to him about a few time about progress and radicalism. “If I don’t get my way, I will ruin it for everyone.” In the back of my mind lurks the fact that his first try at elected office was as a republican.

• nellie says:

Like Arianna, he is a former Republican.

• escribacat says:

Nellie…seriously? Ed Schultz is a former republican? Wow. What is this anyway? True media whores.

• nellie says:

You have to wonder when people make radical switches like that. Take David Horowitz. He was a hippie radical in the 60s.

Then there are the sincere ones like Frank Schaeffer and David Brock. It’s impossible to go by the labels, it’s what people say and do that matters. I wish progressives would figure that out. Anyone trying to turn them against this administration is not their friend.

• nellie says:

Be prepared for an FU as a response. That’s how Ed answered my last email!

Never holding much credence in conspiracy theories, I find myself seeing a concerted effort on Huff to try to discredit the President. Why this is not more obvious to long time posters still slogging away over there is beginning to puzzle me. Surely there must be some doubt after the garbage turned out over there during the time the President took office and in many cases much before then, I don’t understand it at all.

• nellie says:

I think part of it is that a lot of people are still in anger mode and can’t turn it off. HP has realized this and is taking advantage of it. Unfortunately a lot of other sites, like AlterNet and Firedoglake, are in the same mode — and these are respected Progressive sites. They spend all their editorial space comparing Obama to Bush.

• escribacat says:

Nellie, I backed off a bit from firedoglake when they were promoting the “all or nothing” health care petition. They are “purists,” as K7 would call them.

There is no similarity between Obama and Bush, this is so highly insulting, not only to the President but to the very people who voted for him and even the ones trying to distance themselves from him now. They wanted too much from the beginning and are now like spoiled kids who have pestered their parents for a puppy or kitten, only to lose interest when the furry, little thing becomes a larger thing that’s not so cute anymore. They need to grow up, let him do his job and get off their annoying, whining arses to help him accomplish the goals he promised then, not the goals he did not. Maybe they needed a few more years of Bush or 4 years of McGrumps/ Palin to make them understand the chances they are squandering by demanding too much, too soon.

• nellie says:

And in a backhanded way, it gives Bush a pass.

The Bush Administration was possibly the most criminal in our history. It shouldn’t be compared to ANY other administration — much less the current one.

Oh it absolutely gives him a pass and if we could check on the origin, it is more than likely a trend started by the Repubs to take eyes off the Bush debacle.

Must dash and get ready to go out. Hope to see you later.

• nellie says:

TTYL, Kalima!

• escribacat says:

And if Obama is so much like Bush, why are people like Beck, Limbaugh, and the rest of the rapid class so foamed up about him?