AdLib On November - 6 - 2009

moviesPutting the day’s frustration behind me, I am kicking off a Friday night trivia game thread which I hope you’ll all feel free to join in and give both questions and answers. Here’s the rule I’ve come up with after consulting with many of our greatest minds in internet guessing games.

Whoever is first to posts a comment with the correct answer, wins.

At the end of the night we’ll add up who has gotten the most answers correct and they will receive a brand…new…damaged hard drive actually used by PlanetPOV!!! And a Fun Size Snickers!

And please, this is just for fun, no wagering please.

Okay, this is movie dialog from three different movies, guess the actor who said all three sets of dialog:

1. “All right, Curly. Enough’s enough. You can’t eat the Venetian blinds. I just had them installed on Wednesday.
2. “I hate this detail. I hate this fucking chickenshit detail!”
3. “You’re not an idiot. Huh! You’re not a goddamn looney now, boy. You’re a fisherman!”

Good Luck!

Categories: Featured, Film, Games

1. KQuark says:

OK my last trivia question of the night but I promise next weeks will be tougher.

What huffy regular used the title of a famous poem as their moniker?

Well folks, I am beat like a Chris Brown rug.I’ve been at my computer almost uninterrupted since this morning so I think I’m gonna pass out right about now.

Thank you all for bearing with our technical trials and tribulations today, had fun tonight and next week, we’ll make it our biggest HuffNo night to date!

Thanks again for your support! Night all!

3. escribacat says:

What actor do these films have in common:
    The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
    Ship of Fools
    Jules et Jim

• escribacat says:

You each get one point. Richard Burton was in The Spy… and Francois Truffaut (sp?) was director of Jules and Jim. Oscar Werner is the name I was looking for….major role in all films.

• FeloniousMonk says:

Morning, Escribacat. I am glad you’ve jumped back over here (I saw where you were at HP) because I wanted to say Hi to you.

I couldn’t stay over there, I just dislike it so now.

But I did see where our little friend Willt was. Ho hum.

• escribacat says:

Hey Monk. Lots of trolls on the health care vote thread. HP is at least 50 percent rightwingers now. There was a really bad fight on the Freak Show thread last night too (apparently a continuation of last week’s fight). People melting down all over the place!

• FeloniousMonk says:

Escribacat: Not worth the irritation today. Although I did early on take one quick swipe at our little visitor while I was over there at HP. It was deserved.

• BigDogMom says:

Hey Monk…how’s it going, missed last night here…looks like it was interesting..

• escribacat says:

Yes. Response time is excellent today.

• FeloniousMonk says:

I’ve been helping others I care about today. It is draining but very satisfying. The weather here is beautiful. Went into town (I’m not quite “in” Phoenix) and the freeways weren’t bad, and I avoided the messy areas.

I wasn’t here much last night, the computer issues got to me. I’ve dealt with really slow, funky systems before, and usually try to find workarounds. I’m glad adlib was on the ball. Today’s response is good.

And putting it all in perspective, those who enjoyed themselves here last night and those who got whipped up and infuriated over there…all wake up in the morning to find nothing at all has changed at either site.

All that stress and hostility…for nothing.

So, the wise choice of how to spend one’s time would seem more like the song:

• BigDogMom says:

Afternoon/Morning guys…said hi to you on that thread this morning, moving too fast…I see that the HITO/LNaga saga continues…they’re talking about it now when I went back a few minutes ago…must have been pretty bad…if your here, we should move to the private chat room that nicole set up, if you want to talk, here is not the place

• PepeLepew says:

Richard Burton?

Truffaut.

(Heh, the joy of being able to edit misspellings in comments!)

4. KQuark says:

This quote “It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.” was from what book?

5. PepeLepew says:

OK, here’s one.
    What Canadian actor got his big break in a starring role in an Esperanto-language film.

Easy one folks, who can press their comment buzzers first?

What movie was this dialog in:

“Hey! Fuck ’em! Fuck ’em in the ear! What are you talking about? Fuck ’em in the other ear, that son of a bitch! Did I ever bust his balls? Did I? Did I? I could’ve jumped the dime a million times, and I wouldn’t have to pay the tip!”

7. PepeLepew says:

What was Tony Curtis’ real name?

8. PatsyT says:

This actress was first famous for -- what?

She is my alter ego on the HP

What was Cary Grant’s real name?

10. KQuark says:

They could be sisters.

” width=”150″ height=”225″ alt=”dftt” />

” width=”150″ height=”225″ alt=”dftt” />

” width=”150″ height=”225″ alt=”dftt” />

11. PepeLepew says:

Who was the later-to-become-very-famous young black actor on Col. Kong’s B-52?

OT but just saw this in our news widget from the BBC:

============
    Somali adulterer stoned to death
    Fri, 06 Nov 2009 15:47:55 GMT

Islamists in Somalia stone a man to death for adultery, but say they will spare his pregnant girlfriend until she gives birth.
    ===========

WTF?!!! How fucking compassionate!

13. KQuark says:

What brothers had a #1 TV show in the sixties but their show was canceled by the media brass when they lightly parodied the war in Vietnam?

Especially for PatsyT but open to everyone:

Who wrote the music for Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Winnie the Pooh (the original), The Jungle Book and Bedknobs and Broomsticks?