AdLib On July - 21 - 2016

Trump Shrug

The Republican Convention climaxes tonight with Donald Trump’s acceptance speech…well, maybe “collapses” is more appropriate than “climaxes”.

As the Mainstream Media has telegraphed, they are anxious to pat him on the back and proclaim him a success as long as he half-way competently reads a speech from a teleprompter that’s written by professional speechwriters.

Now that’s setting the bar high and showing how discerning and serious our media actually is…and the profit from trying to help stage a close race has absolutely nothing to do with that if course.

That aside, Trump will speak tonight, coached by professional Republican speech doctor, Phil Davison:

Will Trump touch all the racist bases (as seen in The KKK World Series), assure Russia they can invade wherever they want as long as Putin compliments his hair, support a constitutional amendment that requires all American women to wear low cut blouses and miniskirts or declare that we are in the midst of Armageddon with the Zombie Apocalypse coming and only he can save us and make us all billionaires? Only time will tell!

Please feel free to post your comments and thoughts about any aspect of the convention or your POV on Trump’s collection of insults, lies and rounds of Three Card Monte…er…his acceptance speech.

1. gyp46 says:

while I found it impossible to listen to this fool for more than a minute or two at a time, the short time I did listen all I heard was NOTHING. No policy, no reasonable attempts to help America, just rants about himself and how he will accomplish all in the first 100 hours or so. This man has no idea how our government works, he supposes he will magically appear and all manner of ills will just vanish in fear before his grandiose mutterings. Our country deserves so much better than an idiot like Trump, hope the republicans are proud of their choice cause the rest of us are not!!

2. James Michael Brodie says:

This is what White privilege and White entitlement look like in the United States. No one who is not White and male could do any of what this man has done, said any of what this man has said, and be taken seriously to run the US government.

Anyone think Obama would have survived failed businesses, lawsuits alleging racial discrimination, three marriages, a wife who posed nude who he started dated while married to another wife, vitriolic (to be kind) rhetoric…?

My hope is that his defeat is staggering to the point that it forces the Racist Right to either learn to get along with others or at least to slink back under their rocks.

• Nirek says:

Brodie, I feel the same! Trump is wrong for America and the world. His hate and other “Christian values” are just the opposite of what America is about.
      Peace

Michael, I was appalled to see that David Duke brazenly announced today that he was running for the Senate. Even a few years ago, I don’t think this would have been considered a move that would have had the most remote chance of succeeding. Now — thanks to Trump’s tacitly giving the green light to hateful rhetoric — people like Duke feel emboldened. This is not good.

Like you, I hope the electorate sends a message to The Donald in November. “Build a wall around yourself, Mr. Trump.”

• Me too James. I don’t want Hillary to just win, I want her to win in the biggest landslide in American political history. The republicans need to be shamed as much as possible.
      They need to start realizing that as long as they keep trying to drag this country back to the 1950s, they’re going to keep losing elections.
      We need really strong turnout in the mid-term elections as well.

3. [img][/img]

It wasn’t that long ago folks, in the scope of human history.

The international press gives their opinion, starting with The Guardian.

—-

‘I was looking at the next president of the United States’: writers’ verdicts on Trump’s speech

After tonight and the truly senseless speech from the “emperor with no clothes”, RIP GOP.

Funeral March (Chopin

FWIW, the initial reviews of Trump’s speech from non-Republican sources is that it was a very dark and angry speech, very long and tiring (many of the delegates sat down partway through it) and not expected to be well received by any but the Repub faithful.

I don’t expect Trump will get much of a bump after the convention and Hillary is positioned to get a big bump by being positive in comparison to this hatefest.

• Oh, it will be a glaring example of polar opposites. I have faith that there are actually more decent, mature sane people in this country, than what has been represented by the Trump supporters.

This is why I’m confident that come January, 2017, we’ll be saying, “Madam President!”

KT, the contrast will be enormous. The Dems will promote a positive vision and way forward, discuss all the good things and progress that has happened under Obama and acknowledge the problems in our society and economy that need to be fixed by giving specific solutions.

It will be an election of hatred vs. sanity and fortunately, there aren’t enough hateful white people to outweigh the rest of sane voters in America.

• fjb says:

I watched the circus clowns spewing their hate, fear, lies, and anything else to fire up what they called delegates. I can imagine those poorly informed followers at home were wetting themselves in joy.

The republicans have been following their WASPy Nixonian ideals and cannot understand America. They think they are the only citizens entitled to enjoy the American dream.

They’re in a state of panic as the demographics are changing, not in their favor.
      It would be kind to say I understand their plight, but I haven’t felt kind for quite a while.

fjb, very accurate. They say there’s nothing as dangerous as a wounded animal and that’s what the GOP and white racist voters have deteriorated into.

They are a wounded and bleeding beast that is dying and their angry howl is named Donald J. Trump. There is no escape for them, white supremacy is dying no matter how angry it makes them and they are too blinded by their hatred and desperation to accept that.

Too bad, the end is coming for them anyway and it will be accelerated by Trump’s decisive defeat.

• You hit the nail on the head. Many of them feel threatened by the growing number of non-whites in America. This scares then senseless, and Trump is taking full advantage of this. Many people say Trump is stupid, but that is far from the case. Trump is a con man, and a pretty damned good one, but he’s not good enough to con his way into the white house.

Hey, be kind anyway. It’s disarming.

Well any media praising it are sick bastards too anyway unless as expected it’s from the KKK and the other haters websites.

7. pinkpantheroz says:

An hour of hate-filled, spiteful sound bites The USA is going full rogue on the rest of the world and retiring behind its Yuuge Wall. The rest of you bastards can bugger off. Rather like a Gilbert & Sullivan manic comic opera -- full of words and music but signifying NOTHING!

If there were a Golden Opportunity to highlight Drumpf’s sociopathy, this was it. Now, the Democrats need to come back calmly, coherently and devastatingly to destroy this asshole’s credibility and grasp on day to day realities.

I’m glad he made his speech so long, it’s lost any positive value that he could have gotten out of it.

I think many undecided voters will be scared by how radical he is and how he has no specifics to accomplish the huge and many massive changes he claims he can “quickly” make.

“History is watching us!” Is that Mr. History or Ms. History? He makes no sense!!!

Now Trump claims he will “make America wealthy again” by having a trade war against China.

So, just by winning the election, no Americans die again, get older or suffer poverty.

And he wants to drop out of NATO.

And he’s promising all kinds of social programs and benefits while proposing massive tax cuts. Oh, and did I mention it will all “happen fast”?

I thought conservatives don’t want change. Trump wants to blow up nearly all policies and systems in America.

Hateful people don’t make good decisions.

• pinkpantheroz says:

Good luck with the China thing, mate! Where do most of the goods Americans consume come from? And, by the way, who exported all those jobs to China in the first place in the pursuit of profit and screwing American workers?

Trump has his ties made in China! And all kinds of products he’s involved in. He’s his own enemy, not surprising.

And he thinks people are paid too much who make minimum wage. His plan is to slash the income of Americans to compete with the 3rd World.

11. MurphTheSurf3 says:

Here’s A Message I Got from the Daily Kos…..it captured my feelings/thoughts very well. I am sickened and angry. It is far worse than I thought it was going to be.

I AM DONE WITH THIS CRAP…..The Republican National Convention is only half over, but I’m done. I’m done with the blatant, unapologetic racism, sexism and homophobia. I’m done with pretending that this is a normal party convention, when there is nothing at all normal about a reality star running an openly authoritarian campaign for the presidency.

We need to beat these people—and not just Trump. We need to beat each and every one of these Republicans propping up this vile, extremist campaign.

I have turned off the convention. I will read about it but I am done watching it. I am done with the speakers. I am done with the audiences. I am done with the color commentary. I am done with the analysis (or rather the efforts to pretend that what is being sends requires analysis).
    ===========================
    written yesterday….tuned in tonight to watch Trump, the Prince of Lies, pander to his audience and fabricate history …. the entire speech was leaked to a Clinton SuperPac (the first to get it)- they could not even protect that document….another example, in a week of examples of incompetence run amuck.

You’re not missing anything by not watching the speech, Murph. Basically his stump speech boiled down — with extra hate-sauce added.

Murph, I actually think it’s good for people to watch Trump’s speech to envision how horrible this nation would become and what a bullshitting con man he is.

He says he can stop all terrorism, all violent crime, all illegal immigration, prejudice, poverty, etc., “Quickly!” No plans, no solutions, just magical words that on Inauguration Day, everything bad will stop.

How stupid are these Repubs to buy into this obvious liar and con man?

Only people who Trump believes love America and are allowed in.

Again, illegal immigrants are murderers running around our country.

Fear, FEAR and more FEAR!

This has been his whole campaign. It’s reached a crescendo tonight.

The only thing that Americans should fear, is trump himself. Not just because he’s a racist arsehole, but because he is totally clueless about everything to do with domestic and foreign policy, except he knows how to screw people, sue them, and is not this great businessman that he claims to be. Who the hell runs a country like a business anyway?

Fear and hate and lies, the Trump cocktail.

The ugly Muslim ban has been reworded by Trump into stopping all immigration from any country that has “terrorists”.

Hatred towards immigrants being whipped up! So horrible.

Working with Israel is how we stop ISIS? How is that?

Just to be clear, Trump claims he will stop all terrorism, all crime and ISIS quickly.

What kind of morons buy his magical thinking with no plans at all?

The level of propaganda in Trump’s speech, his dishonest portrayal of himself and the frothing crowd of older white people comes off as very creepy.

And his cheering of police arresting the protester, he’s happy to arrest those who disagree with him.

He just called the FBI director Comey corrupt.

Well, so far Ivanka has been much more focused and coherent than Daddy Trump ever has.

Maybe when his turn comes, he should just step up and say: “What she said.” And then sit down and shut up.

But what are the odds he’d be humble enough to do that?

This is one time I won’t grumble about not being able to watch something happening in America. I’ll just sit here quietly, mind intact, then put on my wellies to wade through the inevitable fallout and the turds floating through the RNC sewers later.

Thinking of you fondly sane America.

Trump is whipping up hatred of immigrants, black people are all murderers, Obama’s to blame for cop killings, it is disgusting lies and false statistics. There is no reason to vote for him.

According to the latest, he said “laziness is a trait in blacks … I believe that.” Well that should get him the black vote, right?

I chose not to listen anywhere, AdLib, even though I just received a Live link. If I want to make myself vomit, I can just stick two fingers down my throat. No “normal” person on earth would ever vote for this pos.

All the best for anyone watching this freak show.

He declared Hillary committed crimes, as President he will be a King who decides who is guilty and get them convicted one way or another.

All this rubbish talk, lies and hate will come back to bite him after he loses big in November. His reputation will lie at the bottom of the cesspool he inspired and created.

Kalima, sometimes you need a representative of a hateful sub-group to come out in the open and get beaten down to supress the whole group.

Trump will go down big time and his fellow haters will go down with him, losing their hold on the GOP too.

When that happens, I will dance in the streets laughing. It’s the only silver lining that would take the bad taste out of millions of mouths around the world. Total humiliation through defeat.

Agreed, he is having his moment tonight but as those he has expressed hatred towards vote in big numbers to defeat him, he will be destroyed.

19. Is that Phil Davidson, or Mel Gibson? Rudy 9/11 came close to doing a “Phil,” the other night at the convention. He was unglued!

It will be very interesting to see if Trump can keep from being Trump in his speech! I bet it doesn’t take long for him to go off script.

KT -- Yes, Giuliani looked like he accidentally poured powdered crack into his coffee, he was literally raving!

They have turned hatred up to “11” in this convention, sabotaged their message every day due to incompetence and conflict, this is a reflection of what a poor administrator Trump is and while the mindless followers who are delegates eat up all the darkness that’s spewed in that convention hall, I don’t see why anyone not already supporting Trump would be motivated to support him.

Who wants the country run the way he’s run the convention? He can’t even create unity at his own party’s convention!