KillgoreTrout On December - 14 - 2013

Image

Let’s see if this one doesn’t magically disappear.

Hope You’re Feeling Better ~ Santana

Written by KillgoreTrout

Once a wander, working vagabond, fellow traveler on this 3rd stone from the sun. Hurtling through space and time. Lover of books (especially the classics), all kinds of books from novels, poetry, essay collections, fiction and nonfiction and a big Kurt Vonnegut fan. I am a secular humanist and technically an atheist.....Taoist.

1. Beatlex says:

Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’-Stones-One of my favorites of theirs

2. SmotPoker says:

One of the greatest bands to ever come out of Canada.

April Wine -- Just Between You And Me

3. The Grateful Dead -- Ripple

4. SmotPoker says:

Ram Jam -- Black Betty

5. SmotPoker says:

COWBELL!

Nazareth -- Hair Of The Dog

6. Beatlex says:

LAND HO!-Doors

7. Jim Morrison An American Prayer

• As do I Beatlex. Morrison wanted more than anything, to be reconized as a poet. And a poet he was.

• Beatlex says:

His brain was squirming like a toad

• A fiend of mine and myself took a trip from Ohio to Cape Cod Mass. We both took a full hit of window pane acid. Riders on the Storm was a number 1 hit then and we heard it played all along the way, from station to station which was about 14 hours.

We hit the Cape and found a “coffee house,” that had live entertainment, under a large parachute for a ceiling. It was very cool. Even had bad acid warnings on a poster board at the entrance.

• escribacat says:

LOL. I like Morrison’s music but I think his poetry was a bit “purple” personally.

• Morrison was no Walt Whitman, but he did put things in a poetic perspective. He was young, and never got the chance to mature as a poet. But he did pretty good, for his age.

He was no Ribmaud. Rimbaud was was an astonishing talent, at age 17.

• escribacat says:

I’ve read some Rimbaud but it’s been awhile. I have this neat old book about Absinthe and there’s a great picture in there of Rimbaud and Verlaine, brains toasted on absinthe sitting in a Paris cafe somewhere. They were lovers and Verlaine was a lot older than Rimbaud and I seem to recall that Rimbaud broke the older man’s heart eventually.

• Beatlex says:

Some of it for sure,but he wasn’t your average lyricist ESC

• Beatlex says:

I had that LP KT!

8. SmotPoker says:

Memories….

Rick Derringer (The McCoys) and Edgar Winter

Hang On Sloopy

9. The Doors Moonlight Drive

10. Beatlex says:

Riders on the Storm-Doors

Killgore, just posted big time apologies on your original music thread which is now back up and wanted to post them here as well. It went missing because of a total error. Now we have two, two, two threads in one…weekend that is.

Thanks so much Killgore for being so great about this and posting this follow up thread!

12. SmotPoker says:

I swear I’m not a drug theme, it just how it rolls out of my head…

John Lennon -- Cold Turkey

• I was in a few garage bands, and this was one of the first songs we ever tried to play. It was OK, but not as professional as the original. I was the singer, but had no idea of the real pain John was going through.

13. Beatlex says:

The Jean Genie-David Bowie

14. SmotPoker says:

Another all time favorite song.

Steppenwolf -- The Pusherman

I wore about half a dozen copies of this album, and just as many tapes disappeared into the mouth of an 8 track player…