fly naked
Courtesy of The Joy of Tech by Nitrozac & Snaggy http://thejoyoftech.com

On the heels of launching new anti-privacy rules at their online news site, The Huffington Post, AOL announced today that it will buy Delta Airlines for a reported $5 billion dollars and will set a progressive new standard for air travel. To exemplify their progressive thinking, AOL Chairman and CEO Tim Case announced that all passengers will be required to fly naked.

“It is our goal to maintain a civil environment for air travel, ” stated Case who was fully dressed in an expensive Brooks Brothers suit, “and we believe that by mandating that all travelers fully expose themselves, we will be providing an atmosphere of humility and vulnerability that will naturally translate into a more civil and entertaining experience, especially for our management staff.”

Case detailed how mandatory nudity for travelers who fly their airline will be very much to their benefit.

“There are bad people out there who are willing to use our airlines as national platforms to promote their hatred. The expense of paying for sufficient staff to provide the required security and screening is, frankly, money that could be going into our pockets as profits. So, putting our customers first, we devised this policy to save us money and manpower and allow us to see everything about our customers before they can even step onto our planes,” Case said. “Having this degree of control over our passengers will give them a freedom like they’ve never had before.”

Required nudity on their airline would yield many benefits for passengers, according to Case.

“Going through security screening will be a breeze, there will be no pockets to empty and no shoes or belts to take off. Passengers will no longer need to worry that the person sitting next to them on a plane may have a bomb strapped to them. If they spill a drink or food on themselves during the flight, their clothes won’t be stained and they can clean up good as new with just a towelette. And it will be a real conversation starter on those long flights.”

In response to questions about how fliers would feel about this new intrusive requirement, Case replied, “At AOL, we have a wide open and wide ranging executive meeting each week in an architecturally unique, glass domed conference room we built specifically for that purpose. We call it The Bubble. We’re always in the Bubble and when we asked each other how our customers would feel about this new policy, we all agreed that they would love it. Which works out exceptionally well for us because it was originally conceived just to make our lives easier. There was no need for marketing research, we know all we need to know thanks to the time we spend in The Bubble.”

Traveling nude does present some challenges which Case addressed. “Naturally, our travelers won’t be able to carry their ticket or ID in their pockets so to support this far more civil way of flying, at check in we will apply tattoos on our passengers’ bodies that display all their personal information, their names, addresses, phone numbers and ticketing information so that they can easily be completely identifiable by our staff. We see absolutely no downside for passengers to have their personal identity displayed publicly, especially women and children. Props again to The Bubble!”

Case expressed unbridled enthusiasm about the way they are reshaping the airline industry. “We are thrilled to be able to offer this revolution in air travel. By treating all of our customers as probable terrorists, we prevent any of them from acting like terrorists which leads to a more civil environment for all. And this allows us to slash our staff and work hours that would have been required to treat everyone as an individual. And as a corporation, that’s a win-win for us!”

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
62 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
Quick Brown Dog
Quick Brown Dog

Hi AdLib. Great article. “The Onion” envies you for that level of LULZ 🙂

Quick question, though: is Tim Case the son of longtime AOL CEO Steve Case, or is that a typo (intentionally?) mixing current CEO Tim Armstrong with Steve Case?

OppositionResearch
6 years ago

Wishing that we true… we’d fly Delta from now on!

My wife and I don’t just fight for freedom — we *use* it. 🙂

McKMN
McKMN
6 years ago

Today, very behind the times, I quit HP (and FB) after trying to leave a comment. I won’t lie, I was going to miss HP….atleast the HP I joined in 2010 and up to the new format.
I needed to find a site to replace it. So, I googled “REALLY HP, connect to FB, REALLY…you (BLEEPED) up” sans bleep. Your “Huffpo/NSA” article was on top. It hooked me and I signed up.
After registering I found this article….and now, AdLib, I’m positive I made the right choice. Huffpo who?

cal haughtly
cal haughtly
6 years ago

My HP moderator badge allows me to select one article of clothing…I’m picking a hat.

Quick Brown Dog
Quick Brown Dog
Reply to  cal haughtly

Very good, sir. As I’m sure you know, people are not wearing enough of them. 😉

OppositionResearch
Reply to  AdLib

Why, on your hat, like a state trooper. 😉

Allymax
Allymax
6 years ago

AdLib – you forgot to mention that Delta’s frequent fliers would be grandfathered in and permitted to wear clothes – oh wait, AOL has reevaluated that clause and members of the public who don’t like the new requirement can fly elsewhere.

Allymax
Allymax
Reply to  AdLib

Thanks, AdLib for your welcome – enjoy your articles (or has that word been retired in favor of posts?) HP will survive our exodus and most of us will never look back. Still finding my way on Planet and it’s good to know some writers out there were paying attention to how sneaky HP rammed through its new sign in procedure. Am surprised we weren’t asked for our social security numbers.

Summertown
Summertown
Reply to  Allymax

And fly we did, just not on Delta.

Counterglow
Counterglow
6 years ago

I’m sensing that there may be one or two Huffington Post refugees sheltering here. 🙂

kesmarn
Admin
Reply to  Counterglow

You are sensing right, Counterglow! Welcome to the Planet!

Counterglow
Counterglow
Reply to  kesmarn

Thank you kindly. Sorry for the delayed response. I don’t have things properly configured yet, nor do I have a lot of time to spend right at the moment.

IBWatching
IBWatching

Brilliant satire, AdLib.

And as always in satire, we find the real truth.

IBWatching
IBWatching
Reply to  AdLib

Thanks, AdLib.

Just had two seemingly innocent posts about the NSA and Snowden deleted from HP.

I am trying to be nice and civil in my comments, but the more they push my buttons…

Deleting my accounts at both FB and HP won’t be hard at all.

Quick Brown Dog
Quick Brown Dog
Reply to  IBWatching

If you’re wondering how to do so with FB, just follow the instructions at:

deleteyouraccount.com/sites/facebook

Make sure to stay logged out for at minimum two weeks. That includes “social logins” or comment systems (like at HP and Salon) that use the Facebook Login API.

Also, when you go to delete your PuffHo account, if it’s “linked” to some other social provider (like AOL or Yahoo or Twitter, etc.) make sure to click “Unlink my account” first, before deleting your account there. You’ll be auto-logged out; just log back in (recommended to close and reopen your browser and/or clear cookies) and then delete your account with Puffnstuff once and for all.

Word to the wise: you might have to click “Yes” several times in the dialogue that pops up “Are you sure you want to delete this account?” Seems they really want to get their claws in you and grab your leg hoping you won’t go. It gets annoying, and it may seem like your clicks are in vain, but trust me: eventually it will work. I had to close out the dialogue popup no less than eight times before my account was deleted.

Good luck to you, and welcome to PlanetPOV. 🙂

Reply to  IBWatching

Oh IB you’re here, how nice. I did not want to keep my HP name and could not find how to upload a picture!

IBWatching
IBWatching
Reply to  Ruby Tuesday

By the way…

To upload an avatar image you must register and do it through https://en.gravatar.com .

Your avatar will then follow you around to other sites that use their system.

Reply to  IBWatching

Thank you IB!HP is incredibly empty!Comments at the lowest low. They banned me for 72 hours, I guess due to my support to the petition…

Quick Brown Dog
Quick Brown Dog
Reply to  Ruby Tuesday

Hi RT 🙂 If/when you do decide to leave, you’ll be more than welcome in the exodus — and because that exodus is growing, eventually Huffnpuff will have some regretful sentiments following your departure…

youtube.com/watch?v=eYx_NfnoHL8

“Sure I’m gonna miss you, too…”

6 years ago

Thank you Quick Brown Dog! 🙂 I’ve been searching here and there, feeling a bit homeless actually. According to Forrest Grump HP already lost 5 million commenters!

OppositionResearch
Reply to  Ruby Tuesday

Hi there!

You don’t need HP. It’s hard to “get liberal views out there” in such an atmosphere of censorship and HP’s *infantile* inability to take criticism.

I had no trouble making a clean breakaway.

6 years ago

Thank you opposition. Yes, the atmosphere is the worst possible. The rate of perfectly correct comments censored is absurd, one practically cannot speak, at least about certain subjects (HP). Still,I have trouble making a clean breakaway. I’m so used to HP, it’s …inexplicable! But I’m very glad we’re meeting here, so many of us! Without having to walk on eggshells!

Reply to  AdLib

It’s getting tougher to remain there, even when you follow the rules. I’m struggling to understand their reasons to my temporary ban…

IBWatching
IBWatching
Reply to  Ruby Tuesday

Hi Ruby.

I’m here…

But I also kept my account at HP.

As much as I despise their lying ways, I feel I need to keep fighting for liberal views, and unfortunately HP still has, and always will have, the readership to make those views better known.

So I bit the bullet and verified through FB.

However, it is a ghost town over there right now.

Reply to  IBWatching

Yes, I’ve been to HuffghostownPost today! I can’t leave either, too attached. Unless they decide to kick me out of course. I had not made one impolite comment and they put me on time out!

Fergie1
Fergie1
Reply to  Ruby Tuesday

Hi Ruby, I closed my account at HP two days ago and it feels great. No withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. It fact it was liberating. A Time Out? That sounds very juvenile. I was finding the articles less and less interesting anyway and the shallow comments by so many just bored me.

Nice to see you here at Planet POV. Great people and supportive. The trolls at HP were beyond dealing with for my taste. I gave it the good fight early on but too many people with a small view of the world were depressing!

Anyway, welcome!

Reply to  Fergie1

Thanks Fergie! 🙂 I’m glad to be here! But I still miss the old home. Maybe one just has to grow fonder of new design and people, demands time…

jjgravitas
jjgravitas
6 years ago

A clear case of “Be careful what you wish for.”

jjgravitas
jjgravitas
Reply to  AdLib

Perhaps they should develop working x-ray specs for the airline staff. We’re pretty close to it now with the full body scans. It could turn into a big scandal and Congress could get all puffed up and demand an inquiry into the airline’s intrusion into our privacy.

Fergie1
Fergie1
6 years ago

As an ex-airline employee for one of the big boys, this was doubly hilarious Ad. And need I mention clever, clever, clever analogies had me laughing all the way through. Sadly most airlines today do operate in The Bubble – not like the good old days. And so goes AH and HP.

pinkpantheroz
6 years ago

I see one minor, insignificant problem with the nakedness of everybody. How do you know if it is a real flight attendant telling you to bend over and assume the position? Oh, yes, I forgot that staff and frequent flyers can clothe themselves anyway they want, because they have dispensation, except of course for the older loyal clients!

Kalima
Admin
6 years ago

Good job that I don’t live there and prefer trains. Eewww!!

Thanks for my morning laugh again, AdLib. Hilarious!!

Ok, off to throw out the trash, anything to throw out apart from the TP and the majority of the GOP, my bin isn’t big enough for all of those crazy buggers.

DobermanMom2
DobermanMom2
Reply to  AdLib

Well, at least their bellies will be covering Mr. Peabody.

Kalima
Admin
Reply to  AdLib

As far as I can tell, “thinking for yourself” is already banned in the red states so as not to embarrass the governors and the rest of the RW lawmakers who unfortunately don’t know how to think. It was only a matter of time before it caught on.

Let’s say that if forced to fly naked in the future, the airline should clamp down on serving any food or fizzy drinks inflight, and at least 3 hours before takeoff. 😯 I’m beginning to feel quite ill here thinking about beans, cabbage, onions and beer. They will need a “No “you know what” section.

pinkpantheroz
Reply to  Kalima

If AOL has its way, it will be coming to a Shinkansen near you, so enjoy while you can!

Kalima
Admin
Reply to  pinkpantheroz

😆 thanks for the laugh out loud pinkpantheroz, and a goodnight from the land of the rising sun. Enjoy your day.

mugwump
mugwump
6 years ago

I found your HP NSA article on the internet two days ago; now this amazing satire “AOL To Buy Delta Airlines.” I have reached the tipping point and registered as another HP refugee. Nice work!!

funksands
6 years ago

Ad, I heard the Planet is going to force us to register with Hickory Farms and Gridr before we are allowed to comment. Care to comment?

funksands
Reply to  AdLib

Ad, that would be one awkward holiday gift basket….

AlphaBitch
AlphaBitch
Reply to  AdLib

Naughty naughty boys!

Algebra Palin
Algebra Palin
6 years ago

i no longer like the word ‘civil’ and its variations.

KillgoreTrout
6 years ago

Funny stuff Ad. I was laughing out loud just reading the headline. I guess such travel would really beef up the numbers in the mile high club!

pinkpantheroz
Reply to  AdLib

Adlib, new connotations is right. I understand that if there is a female pilot, the Cockpit will become the Box Office!