AdLib On March - 1 - 2016

Today may be the day when Donald Drumpf (his actual family name) virtually locks up the GOP nom and simultaneously assures the collapse of the GOP and a Dem sweep in November.

Hillary may win big and leave Bernie with just a narrow path to the nom.

It’s a big political night and this is the thread to share your thoughts, observations and predictions based on the night’s events.

Hang on, we may heading into uncharted territory (on the GOP side that is)!

1. pinkpantheroz says:

HP Australia’s Headline:

PLEASE, MAKE IT STOP!

2. funksands says:

Congrats to tonights big winners…

[img][/img]

Christie introducing Drumpf, “It’s not a campaign, it’s a movement.”

Yes, of the bowel variety.

4. pinkpantheroz says:

Can’t believe Christie is mothing off that Grumpf is bringing the people of America together!

Bernie just declared the winner in OK!

Cruz wins in OK, Bernie leads Hillary by 10 there as of now.

I think it’s a good thing that Cruz gets a couple of wins and is empowered to hack away at Trump. Let them chop each other down during the primaries and be so terribly damaged that the Dem sweep is even more massive in Nov.

• AlphaBitch says:

Nope, AdLib. Beware heavily of Cruz. I’ve been saying all along he WILL BE the “chosen” one. He will take all of Trump’s bigots and xenophobes, all the evangelicals and all the small govt folks from the Libertarians. He makes my skin crawl, and everyone I know here is either terrified of him or ecstatic at his “constitutional adherence”. He IS smart -- like a psychopath -- and quick on his feet. Put $$ behind him, and beware. He could actually beat Hillary and/or Bernie. Trust me on this. Dominionist policies coming soon.

Really? Rubio is claiming victory tonight simply because he’s losing by margins that aren’t bigger? He is so done!

Rubio: “They’ve said it couldn’t be done! That I couldn’t keep claiming victory after losing a dozen primaries! But let me just say this original phrase I just made up, ‘Yes we can!”

8. pinkpantheroz says:

Horrified Fascination at how Drumpf is travelling! Bernie fighting hard, will get quite a few delegates. Cruz ahead in Tx, but only just!

Cruz won TX which means Drumpf lost there! And Cruz goes on to attack Drumpf for a long time to come.

Trust me, when Repubs are freaking out, vowing not to vote for Drumpf and floating that they’d vote for a 3rd party candidate, Drumpf can’t win the GE.

Latinos, women, African Americans, young voters, on and on, all in big majorities abhor Drumpf and he simply can’t win without them.

Drumpf will lose yuugely and bring down the GOP with him, we are actually very lucky that this is happening. Watch and see…

9. Nirek says:

It is 8:13 and Bernie has won Vermont and leads in Ok and MA. Hillary has 4 States according to the projections. I think Bernie will get enough delegates to keep going all the way to the convention.

I have a hunch that there will be an indictment of HRC in the future between now and the convention. I almost hope I’m wrong. Just a gut feeling.

Kinda late for me as I am an early riser. But tonight my daughter and her family fly into the Burlington airport and I pick them up , drive them home, then drive myself home. Fun night to stay up and watch the election results though.

Hey Nirek, today is too weighted towards the South which is part of how things are rigged. How many of these states would ever go to a Dem in a General Election? Texas? Georgia? Arkansas? None of them. So Hillary winning them means nothing about how she would do in a GE. Bernie is actually winning in the blue states, Hillary is winning red states that will never go for her if she wins the nom.

Bernie should indeed stay in this till the end. I don’t think that Hillary will be indicted over anything but he also shouldn’t assume that nothing may come up to cause an issue for her.

Cruz has won Texas which is great, he’ll stay in to beat up Trump and even though he’s losing everywhere again, I think Rubio stays in. Kasich is in as well, hoping there will be a brokered convention but the core Repubs would abandon the GOP if he became the nom.

It sure loooks like the GOP is headed for self-destruction now. Drumpf is completing his hostile takeover of the GOP and it will tear itself apart because of that.