AdLib On September - 19 - 2015

image
This week we had another reminder at a Town Hall meeting hosted by Donald Trump that there are still ignorant people out there who hate othere simply because they have different heritages, nationalities and beliefs.

So this weekend we’re sweeping that trash out the door by celebrating music by and about the rest of the world.

Share the songs you enjoy that are about international places or are from other countries.

Categories: Music Thread

To all of my friends all over the world, in so many different time zones, this is for you.

Bill Withers -- Paint Your Pretty Picture With A Song

Kitaro -- Silk Road

• Fergie1 says:

All I can say is, thank you Kalima. I return the thoughts expressed in that Bill Withers song to you. I had never heard this before either.
      Kitaro -- Silk Road is beautiful. I need to be able to transport myself to less a stressful place also! Think I need lessons from you on how to do that! But I must confess that I could only listen to both of these when I am in a “happy” place!
      Take care and wishing you a good week. :)

Hello Fergie. Thank you too.

There is not much I can teach you. You just close your eyes and go back to the times that made you feel happy and secure, then try to relive it in your mind. It could be a song, the face of someone you love, a certain smell that brings comfort, the feeling of rain on your face, the words often spoken by a loved one or close friend, and it never fails to make me smile.

We all have some good memories and should make use of them. When I was younger I would dwell on the bad/sad times. As I grow older, I try to only remember the happy times and how they made me feel.

Take care.

Here is another one from Kitaro to help you dream.

Kitaro -- Great Voyage

• Fergie1 says:

Thank you Kalima. I’m doing it in reverse! When I was young I dwelt mostly on the happy times. Not that there were not sad times. For me it’s become more difficult to rely on those times now to help.
          But a brave face is never far away. :-)

Again, take care and Peace to you.

• monicaangela says:

Beautiful scenery and wonderfully relaxing, tranquil music. Love Silk Road. Also like your choice of the Bill Withers song. I hadn’t heard that one before.

Both artists, along with many others, hold a special place in my heart and remind me of a time when life was less complicated. A time that life was good.

Bill Withers makes me reminisce. Kitaro and his beautiful, haunting sound, reduce my stress levels while transporting me to wonderful places in my mind. Glad you liked them.