AdLib On September - 16 - 2012

Props to Cyrano1 for inspiring this collection of originally created artwork parodies of Mitt Romney and his fellow Republicans which have appeared here at PlanetPOV.

Kicking off this collection is a new parody that’s all ready for Halloween, which might be called, “The Romunsters”:

(“The Romunsters”)

And in keeping with the Halloween theme, comes the next image from Cyrano1, followed by another of his parodies in response to a previous article, “Never Trust a Politician With Thin Lips”:

(“Count Debtula”)

(“Thin Lips Sink Ships”)

Now a stroll down short and long term memory lane:

(“The He-Man Woman Haters Club”)

(“That’s the GOP Ticket!”)

(“Willard E. Romney”)

(“Michele Bachmann – Congresswoman”)

(“Romnocchio”)

(“Mitt ‘Two Face’ Romney”)

(“Newt GinGrinch”)

(“Badfella”)

(“Corporations are People Too” – Artwork by WhatsThatSound)

(“The GOP Primary Race is On!”)

(“Orly Taitz’s Kenyan Birth Certificate”)

UPDATE:

Found a couple more to add to the Gallery:

(“Mitt Romney Endorses Marriage for Corporations Because They’re People”)

(“The Mad Mitter’s Tea Party”)

UPDATE #2

An embarrassing oversight, here is one of our all time most popular parodies that was updated by the brilliant KQuark for 2012, The Periodic Table of Dangerous Elements – 2012 Election Edition (click on it to see it full sized, you can do this as well on all of the graphics above):

1. SueInCa says:

Hola Planeteers

Another fun piece Adlib? Such creativity but on second thought these people all look exactly as pictured. I prefer #LyinRyan as the guy from Little Rascals, Alfalfa. I remember how he always used take a deep gulp before singing. I see #LyinRyan do that everytime a reporter wants a true answer. I bet he breathes a sigh of relief everytime he thinks he has fooled everyone only to find out later “fact checking” is a popular sport even if the Romney campaign is not going to let them dictate his campaign. Right wingers are a barrel of laughs these days.

UPDATE 2: How could I have forgotten to include our most popular parody in PlanetPOV’s history?! I feel like a dope! Could watching too many GOP debates have permanently damaged me?!

Please check out the updated post which now includes KQuark’s brilliant “Periodic Table of Criminal Elements -- 2012 Election Edition”. I highly recommend clicking on the graphic to view it at full size, there is so much delicious satire in every little bite!

• SueInCa says:

Adlib
      I heard you have to be a true fox news watching and believing right winger to catch that GOP memory sickness. I think you are ok.

• cyrano1 says:

Oh my gosh! I just saw your periodic table and came unglued! Absolutely brilliant! I’ve downloaded it so I can spend some more time with it. There’s so much fabulous detail in it! Thanks so much!!

Wow KQ, a five pisser review! What I’m feeling now, I can hardly hold in!

Thanks pal and thanks from all the creative people whose work is contained within.

BTW, I can’t believe I didn’t include your Periodic Table of Criminal Elements! Just added it and a comment alerting folks to check it out! It’s set the bar for parody success at The Planet, the most popular parody we’ve ever had!

UPDATE: Check out the article for a couple of additional graphics that we’re inadvertently left out! Thanks to all for the kind words and props!

4. LFer says:

Republican zoology

The Common Shrew
    [img][/img]

The American Skunk
    [img][/img]

Crude Photoshop but you get the idea.

5. GirlOutWest says:

You guys did an awesome job with this project! I laughed and laughed…love Newt and Rupert too, loved them all. So funny and yet so accurate.

6. choicelady says:

AdLib -- it took me a few minutes to unpack the birth certificate. Who knew Orly was a Black Kenyan? Your photoshop was much, much better than hers, so I think it now lays to rest any speculation that she’s the white, RW immigrant she claims and proves she’s a Black socialist male after all.

New definition of “truth”: MY photoshop is better than YOUR photoshop…

CL, using the MSM’s style of impartiality and “balance”, shouldn’t all Photoshopped graphics be treated as equally legit? Deport Orly Taitz back to Kenya now!!!

• cyrano1 says:

choicelady! Thanks for cluing us in about being able to expand the size of the birth certificate! How brilliantly funny, AdLib! Any skepticism one might have about the authenticity of photographed documents posted as proof on the web have been utterly demolished. You’ve finally delivered us irrefutable proof of Orly’s origins!

Next: Have we really solved the mystery of the Shroud of Turin?

Cyrano, when Taitz came out with this bogus certificate, knowing what a fraud it was, I thought the best argument was to turn it around on her and simply show how fraudulent graphics on the internet can be.

Even though I do believe this is an original and accurate document. So, once again, deport Orly Taitz back to Kenya!!!

• cyrano1 says:

And while we’re busy getting Orly back to her “homeland”, let’s hold Rush to his promise he’d move to Costa Rica if the health care act passed. We just keep letting people off the hook, don’t we?

Very cool, Cyrano! As you might have guessed, KQuark comes from the scientific community and absolutely nailed this parody, it’s so rich with humor…it might have to be reclassified as a brand new element!

• cyrano1 says:

Thanks AdLib for doing this! It’s really been a fun project, and thanks for including me in it. :)

Cyrano, thanks for the head’s up! Fixed the Periodic Table graphic, you can click on it now to enlarge it. Definitely worth it, truly a clever piece from top to bottom!

• cyrano1 says:

Wow!! Thanks! I downloaded it! It demands some careful attention to gather up all of the detail in it. :) My son-in-law who’s a science buff and progressive dem (we all are) will go nuts over it!

Hey, that’s right! Rush needs to be held to his verbal contract with the American people. I say we sue him for breach of contract unless he leaves the US!

Intolerance, it’s what’s for dinner.

• choicelady says:

Actually, yes. But the notion it’s a good photoshop, too, is probably stretching it a bit!

😆 cyrano1 and AdLib, I owe you for this! I laughed out loud at the lovely long-tressed Koch brother and the Alfred E. Neumann/Eddie Munster pair up. Terrific.

8. cyrano1 says:

AdLib: Your “RoMunsters” are hysterical! And the rest of them made my day! I have another one I think will fit in here:

[img][/img]

Thanks Cyrano! Another funny addition, seeing an official Fox News lemming really makes me wonder if they shouldn’t have it as an official mascot.

• cyrano1 says:

Totally agree they should for the sake of accuracy. Yet we all know the Fox/GOP way to project an image is by labeling everything the polar opposite of its reality -- which makes me think of the Colbert Show’s brilliant over the top opening graphics using a soaring, screeching eagle to parody Fox. Absolutely spot on and hysterically funny!

Thanks for my early morning laughs AdLib, there are some real zingers here. 😆