Info to pass on to family, friends, associates regarding signing up for Obamacare.We know that the GOP has put the Affordable Care Act in its Bulls Eye. They want to repeal it. They have not offered a replacement that their party has endorsed in the same way as they endorsed repeal 54 times. Five models and not one has made it out of committee in the House.
We know the Conservatives on the Supreme Court have taken a case that threatens to take away subsidies from those in states that do not have their own marketplaces.But, I have seen the good this Law has done for friends and neighbors- hardworking people who could not afford health insurance until Obamacare.I am an ACA trained advocate and have worked with several dozen people as they became familiar with the program and then applied. I am proud to have done this. Who are they? Mostly small farmers. Some work in minimum wage jobs with no benefits. Several have small businesses.
Since Medicaid requirements in my state are that one cannot earn more than $400 a month or have more than $2000 in assets there are LOTS of people here who need insurance. Sadly, many of the working poor do not qualify for ACA because the shapers of the bill presumed that states would gladly take up the expanded Medicaid. Mine did not.
So I am passing along the following info:
The Affordable Care Act Part II: Five Easy Ways to Get Ready
This weekend, you’ll be able to sign up for 2015 health coverage through the Marketplace.
Open Enrollment begins on November 15th this year.
Here are 5 ways you can get ready right now:
- Download this checklist to make sure you have all the documents you’ll need.
- Find out if you could qualify for premium tax credits and other savings this year. Even if you didn’t qualify before, it’s definitely worth another look.
- See new 2015 Marketplace plans and prices before you apply.
- Find someone in your community who can sit down with you to answer your questions before you fill out an application.
- Sign up for text message alerts. We’ll send you updates and reminders so you don’t miss important deadlines.
Millions of Americans are already benefiting from Marketplace coverage. We want to make sure you join them.
The HealthCare.gov Team
Enroll by December 15th and coverage can begin on January 1st, 2015.
Don’t let your friends or loved ones miss important dates & deadlines!