AdLib On December - 31 - 2009

Happy New Year to the wonderful members and readers that have made 2009 an incredible year for PlanetPOV!

The Planet officially opened in August 2009 with the 4 founding members, myself, KQuark, Kalima and KevenSeven.

As of today, we have 199 members (anyone know of someone who could make it an even 200 by tomorrow?),  448 Articles published and 22,330 Comments posted.

I wanted to take this opportunity to share some impressive stats about our site with all of you since you have made this all happen. According to Awstats on our server:

Total Number of Visits This Month (Dec 2009):

11,416

Total Number of Pages Viewed This Month (Dec 2009):

636,042

Total Number of Hits This Month (Dec 2009):

2,011,382

We also have some remarkable results from Google Analytics. They provide baseline numbers for sites of similar sizes and we are far and away exceeding the norms. Before getting to the nerdy numbers, here is some fun info on who’s visiting The Planet:

Number of Countries with Visitors to The Planet This Month:

58. Egypt
59. Papua New Guinea
60. Vietnam
61. Jamaica
62. Mauritius

Er…anyone know where Mauritius is? Actually, if you’re curious:

Mauritius, officially the Republic of Mauritius, is an island nation off the coast of the African continent in the southwest Indian Ocean, about 900 kilometres (560 mi) east of Madagascar. And someone there reads PlanetPOV too!

Now for some nerdy stuff, according to Google Analytics, here are yesterday’s numbers for The Planet and the average for sites of similar size:

Page Views in a Single Day (Dec 30):

PlanetPOV: 4,572
Similar Sites:  395

Average Visitor’s Time on Site on Dec 30:

PlanetPOV: 21:32
Similar Sites: 2:23

Pages Viewed Per Visit on Dec 30th

PlanetPOV: 15.55
Similar Sites: 3.35

Bounce Rate on Dec 30th (Percent of Visitors who view one page then leave)

PlanetPOV:  00.37%
Similar Sites:47.77%

All of our numbers and viewership are phenomenal! People all around the world are interested in and reading what you write. Keeping in mind that 2010 is an election year, I’m anticipating even greater interest and growth in The Planet this year.

So we’re off to a roaring start in 2010, we have a lot of momentum and everyone reading this deserves to take some credit for that.

I wish each of you a very happy, healthy and productive New Year and sincere gratitude from all the founders for everything you’ve contributed to this remarkable community of remarkable people we call PlanetPOV.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Categories: Featured, PlanetPOV

1. javaz says:

Did you get the 200th member?

• Emerald1943 says:

Yes, indeedy!! taffybelle joined just before midnight!

Sorry you missed the festivities! It was nuts around here! And a good time was had by all!

2. Emerald1943 says:

Okay, all you beautiful PlanetPeople! I have GOT to get offline and get some housework done! It’s all you fault that it hasn’t been done in several days! You keep posting the most interesting comments that I just have to respond! Don’t stop, please!!

But I really have to sign off…beds unmade, trash to take out, sink full of dishes, and doggies that require some attention!

Have a super day everyone! I’ll be back later, no doubt! 🙂

• abby4ever says:

And I have to bake that pie. See you back here in about an hour, Emerald. I will be back before then; you, you have one hour to get your house cleaned up.

You bring a lot of joy to these threads; it is, in part, your positive attitude that makes it that way.

One hour.

:]

• Emerald1943 says:

Hey Abby, I took more than an hour…it took that long to get the kitchen into shape! But when I sat down to take a break, I couldn’t keep my eyes open! Had to take a little “kitty nap”! These miscreants here on the Planet kept me up waaay too late last night! 🙂

3. whatsthatsound says:

2010 brings with it new hopes and new challenges, and asks the eternal question of mankind; are you ready to put aside your differences, or will another year go by with you stuck in the same rut? The immortal words of John Lennon ring out at this new dawn:

Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allen Poe.

• Emerald1943 says:

Beautiful, WTS! But I thought the eternal question was, “Are we alone in the universe?” Just kidding! 🙂

I have made a few resolutions…to get up off my lazy buns and do some things around the house that need doing. I don’t know how well this is going to work out. I have this problem, you see…it’s called blogging at the Planet! I am positively addicted!

I wish you only the very best in 2010!

4. KarateKid says:

Happy New Year to all of my PlanetPOV friends. I hope everyone had a safe return home from the festivities. AdLib, may 2010 by a wonderful year for the Planet; I am confident your membership will grow by leaps and bounds this year.

Hopefully, the new decade will begin to bring the fruits of the government’s labors; there are indications.

I am in disagreement with the administration on some issues, but BHO is still the man and the other side have no one that can match him, and they know it. So, let them bloviate, and in November let’s show them how America really feels.

May 2010 bring health and happiness to everyone here.

• Emerald1943 says:

Happy New Year, KK!

Regarding the disagreement with the administration, I would have to agree with you. There have been some things that have given me pause. But the one thing we MUST recognize is that unless we as Democrats stick together and fight the republican attack machine this year, they will make substantial gains, perhaps taking control of the Senate again. This frightens me more than anything!

I hope we can convince everyone who worked to get President Obama elected to once again get energized and get out the vote! If the Democrats stay home, you know what can happen.
      I plan to do everything in my power to see that it doesn’t!

Again, my best wishes for a wonderful New Year! And my thanks…it just may have been your invite that brought me here!

5. moongal6 says:

Happy New Year to everyone! It is a dark and stormy night here at the beach in Oregon. New ideas on the horizon. Always hopeful.
    Blessings.