I need to check in, to see if I’m alone, or if i’m in a huge crowd – of invisible people.
Here’s a little quiz. Simple Yes/No’s. Have fun.
1. In the 21st century, America should be able to provide its citizens an efficient, non-profit, universal health care system. Medical professions would be educated, staffed, and paid appropriately; administration should be simplified with a single payer system, and no US citizen would be denied care for any reason. Y or N
2. American politicians in office should not receive ANY contributions from external sources. No money, no gifts, no trips. Y or N
3. Campaigns should be financed by citizen contributions only. No govt. money, no corporate money. Individual campaign contributions should have a cap. Y or N
4. Corporations will not have rights equal to US citizens (in the most general sense). Y or N
5. Public education should be equally and appropriately staffed, financed, and supplied on a national level. Y or N
6. The FED should be abolished. Y or N
7. Iraq War crimes should be prosecuted, including anyone who knowingly authorized torture. Y or N
8. Guantanamo and other secret prisons should be closed. Y or N
9. The CIA should be abolished. Y or N
10. All TARP money should be recalled with interest due Y or N
11. All political offices should have term limits unless a significant majority of the constituents vote to override. Y or N
12. Industries which generate toxic pollutants should be shut down. Y or N
13. The federal govt should implement programs to produce solar power plants in every viable location; produce consumer grade wind and solar energy products, and conversion of all lighting to LED technology. Y or N
14. The federal govt. should implement a program to produce desalination plants in all viable locations. Y or N
This is all I can think of right now. Stay tuned for a 2nd quiz soon.
Hopefully you all answered Y to every question. If you said no, think about why you said no. If it is for a specific detail, as in “yes, if…” then consider that a Y, as these are obviously generalized. But if you are completely opposed to the point, please explain why. I’d like to know what you think. I’d like to know if your dissenting opinion is based in some personal belief, other than what is best for our nation as a who
The USA is not a frontier. It is a community. As such, certain basic systems are most efficient when dealt with on a national level. We have a national defense system that is of the best in the world specifically because of this.
The federal govt. should offer protections and benefits that we deserve equally as US citizens. No more, no less.