AdLib On January - 16 - 2012

It sure feels like the air is going out of the GOP Primary balloon with Mitt Romney sucking all the oxygen up out of the room into his completely hollow body.

Huntsman’s out, the weight of the GOP Elite has come down on Newt and Santorum so Newt’s tamed down his attacks on Romney, Santorum’s muted it a bit.

This is essentially the penultimate debate before the South Carolina primary…which is looking like the final opportunity for any of the others to stop Romney so logically, they should come out guns-a-blazin’ against him…but expecting logic from Republicans is like expecting honesty…from Republicans.

Tonight’s debate can be watched on Fox News and at http://foxnews.com at 6:00 pm PST/9:00 pm EST. Just remember to change the channel at the end and before the Fox propagandists start up if you’re watching on a full stomach.

Not just me. Racism aside, this was the most jaw-dropping part of the night which apparently only Juan Cole and I made note of. I’ll crosspost this as there are so many good points how their complete ignorance is dangerous, apart from being incredibly ironic.

Perry talks Crazy about Turkey, but is Par for GOP Course

2. No doubt with the hard right Gingrich won the debate by far. To the ravenous right wing Juan Williams was a proxy for President Obama. Then again these are the same people that think ever African American is the same. The MSM meme is that Newt was sending out dog whistles tonight but I watched the clips. They sounded to me like Gingrich was leading barking bloodhounds and a group of cowards with white sheets over their heads in a chase of a black man in a dismal South Carolina swamp.

The GOP could not have shown their disdain towards MLK’s legacy more.

Al Sharpton had a series of letters written to Dr. MLK from Segregationists. Things written like an “arrogant”, “dark skinned Hitler” who wanted to “take from White people” and “lead us to Communism.”

I got a chill. I already knew all that was racist. “Arrogant” I knew was ‘uppity’ but I thought the others were newer proxies, or that Communism was another old bogeyman they had substituted for N*****.

Silly me. It’s almost word for word to what they say now. Like some sick subculture that has survived, an invisible empire unto itself.

• Sabreen60 says:

As someone on Twitter said, they aren’t using dog whistles they have a doggone PA system.

I haven’t seen this much racism on display for the nation to witness in a while.

• That’s why I hate old memes like ‘dog whistles’. There is a sea change in the racism and xenophobia coming from the right so using those old phrases that are nothing more than quaint cliches does not describe today’s reality.

These FOX pudnuts are pathetic. I can’t watch.

4. SallyT says:

That was a pretty well dress attendance to that debate. As I watched them leaving I saw one person of color and I think he was the only other guy besides Juan that FOX has on staff.

5. MurphTheSurf3 says:

The Europeans must have millions of troops on their many, many, many borders….oh wait. They don’t. The have control over who gets hired using a national work id system. It has worked for years. They do not want to lose this issue and they want their sponsors to continue to hire the undocumented.

GOPrisy.

And yet he calls it “my Super PAC.”

“I just can’t control “my” people.”

7. MurphTheSurf3 says:

Romney LUVS his SuperPac…..he lies about lying.

McCain Feingold is gone…bozo.

8. SallyT says:

Wow, Newt, that was a hit below Romney’s Super Pac belt.

9. SallyT says:

Yah, Romney, those assault rifles and automatic weapons leave a lot of meat on that Elk. NOT

The fact that people are now able to carry guns into national parks under Obama shows how he wants to take all our guns away…. ?

The “dodgy factor” is displayed graphically on FOX’s website. They have dodge-o-meters for each candidate. funny…

12. If there was a God all their pants would burst into flames.

13. SallyT says:

Oh, Romney, you don’t pay income taxes on your savings over there in that cayman account.

Nice. Newt takes credit for Clinton’s balanced budget.