KQµårk 死神 On March - 11 - 2010

Yes this ad trying to destroy the democratic process was actually linked on a so called progressive website. I could be wrong but I doubt even people who want to kill the bill out of principle on the left don’t want to block the democratic process. I really don’t know what to say but this is way too over the top.

Please keep this in Speakers Corner.

Written by KQµårk 死神

My PlanetPOV contact is kquark@planetpov.com Proud Dem whose favorite hobby is cat herding. The GOP is not a political party, it's a personality disorder. Cancer, Heart Failure and Bush Survivor.

1. Chernynkaya says:

KQ those ads are not even the worst I’ve seen at Huff Ho’. I think I mentioned once that I was reading a story there about the banksters-- and it made special mention of the terrible credit card practices of Bank of America. As I was reading that, a pop-up from B of A appeared, offering me a credit card!!!

I think Adlib probably explained it. Those are Google ads and I am privileged to be part of a site that refuses to run those.

• KQuark says:

Yup I know what you mean the hypocrisy is what gets me too. It’s like HP has a bunch of stories on using reconciliation to pass healthcare and they let this ad show. Just like with the banks and the ads you saw.

People have been mentioning the ads as of late over there, and someone said that it was strange that they went against HuffPosts politics.

I said, how do you know they go against what Arianna might be turning it into?

Maybe she doesn’t have any ideology, but just hates whatever president is in office at the time?

• escribacat says:

I’ve seen a lot of those comments lately — which is good. I often post that it’s a mistake to consider it a progressive site — it’s a commercial site.

3. KQuark says:

Now I see this ad on the DailyKOS front page. Disgusting.

• empi says:

Hey Kevin. Good to see you. I saw you over a talkingpoints memo. it was good to see you.

I can’t even go to Huffington Post anymore. I never post there but now I can’t even go to see what the stories are because every day it’s one bad picture of Obama worst than the ones before. I hate to call her names but Arianna is a bitch. A total bitch. I wrote to them a few weeks ago because they ran a story which was totally untrue but certain to cause an uproar which it did. I told her she was doing more damage to our cause than the thugs.

I did not get a response of course. TPM has a tendency to run some of the stories too and I have given them a piece of my mind. I guess they all want those clicks and the more sexy the story, the more clicks.

Hope you are well.

The site looks great. Really impressive.

Looks like we are down to the Countdown for health are.

Be well, Regards to all.

4. Blues Tiger says:

Just post the link to the pov image…

5. nellie says:

This looks like one of those Google Ads. HP runs a lot of those — they’re randomly generated, but they tend to be right wing propaganda. I remember during the general election, there were a lot of Google Ads on HP supporting John McCain.

We killed the possibility of using Google AdSense for The Planet in the test phase.

One of the first ads that came up here was promoting Newt Gingrich’s book. I canceled it immediately (which is why we’re dependent on the kindness of our members for helping us cover expenses).

It’s an all or nothing thing, if you go with Google AdSense for ad revenue, you have to accept promoting horrible right wing ads.

For us here at The Planet, that was not acceptable.

• KQuark says:

Now that’s what I call not selling out for sake of principle. Huffy doing it I was not surprised by at all but DailyKOS was like “et tu Brutus”.

I would think if you were as big a customer as Huffy especially you could demand a certain type of ad.

• javaz says:

And the Planet deserves another contribution for making that decision to keep our eyes from seeing such horrors!

That could be your next donor drive instead of holding a precious kitten hostage, show us examples of right wing horror ads!
        You’ve saved us already from seeing ads for “Going Rogue”!

Hey K, I’ll reserve judgement until I can see what I’m looking at when the PlanetPOV gremlins have been caught and arrested for being D&D. :)

7. Chernynkaya says:

Looks like our Planet is acting up again: No images appear for Time Out/OT or for KQuark’s new post “A New Low for Huffy.” Also, the Help and other buttons are gone. Is Adlib still working behind door number 1?