AdLib On December - 24 - 2009

Welcome to the Help Desk!

Please post a comment below if you need any assistance. We do ask that before you post, you review the FAQ since directions and details on how to use this site are posted there and should answer most questions immediately.

You can click here to review the FAQ.

If you don’t find your issue addressed in the FAQ, please post a comment below and we will respond shortly.

1,788 Responses so far.

1. Nirek says:

AdLib, I use Google Chrome and keeBad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
    Cookie
    /n
    Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.35 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 Server at 23.91.125.189 Port 80p getting this when I click on a link or story.

It doesn’t give me trouble with explorer but I don’t like explorer. This problem is only on PlanetPOV and Chrome. Can you help me fix it?

Thanks Ad.

Nirek, it sounds like Chrome is doing something funky. Have you updated to the latest version of Chrome? We have many users here that use Chrome who haven’t had that issue and since Explorer is working for you, that does seem to put the focus on something corrupted in the Chrome program. If you are fully updated, try re-installing the update and that should hopefully repair whatever files became corrupted.

Let me know either way, if this does or doesn’t work.

Hello Nirek. So very sorry to hear of your annoying computer problem and I’m sure that AdLib will get to it as soon as he can.

Take care and peace to you and yours.

2. SearingTruth says:

My posts, which are always polite and respectful, are now being censored. It’s so bad that I couldn’t respond to another members question last night, which had to do with a misperception of my political beliefs. Which sadly, is going to leave them with the belief that the misperception is true.

I actually tried to respond in three different ways, trying to figure out why I was censored, but all were deleted.

This is what I used to have to do at Huffington Post, and I really don’t want to have to start walking on eggshells like that again. I want a site where everyone can express their views, so long as it’s done civilly.

So unless this was a mistake I would like to delete my profile so I can leave PlanetPOV. However, I couldn’t figure out how to delete my profile. Could you please let me know how to do it?

And finally, I wish everyone here the best. I really enjoyed the site until my right to speak freely was taken away.

Thank you.

Hello ST. Checking the site before I sleep, I just found this comment and checked our data. Your comments were automatically moved to our Spam Folder because they were identical. Sorry about that but no one deleted them. Would you like me to restore it?

Maybe it might help to sometimes change the words you begin with of each comment to make sure it never happens again. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

• SearingTruth says:

Gentle friend Kalima,

I did post three almost identical answers in the MurphTheSurf3 article posted on September 22, 2014. They were in answer to a question EXFANOFARIANA posted asking if I would ever vote for Ron Paul or his son.

The reason I answered three times is because my first answer was immediately deleted. It appeared at first, and then within a minute it was gone.

I was quite surprised, because this typically only happens when a post is censored.

So I tried posting the answer again, slightly rewording it because I was trying to figure out why it was censored. Again the post appeared at first, and this time seemed to stay.

However, after I went to a different article to post something else, and then went back to the MurphTheSurf3 article my second answer was also deleted.

Surprised and frustrated, I again posted a slightly reworded answer, and again it seemed to stick.

However, by this time I was sure I was being censored, and attempted to post a civil goodbye to everyone.

And then came the final shock, my third answer to EXFANOFARIANA, and the goodbye post, had both been deleted.

I couldn’t figure out why, and since the post I made in the other article wasn’t deleted, I was then sure I was being censored.

In any case, even now none of the answers I posted to EXFANOFARIANA are being displayed. I just checked again. If you could just restore the original answer I posted for EXFANOFARIANA that would be great. There is no reason to restore the other two attempts, or the goodbye post.

And I’m sorry for falsely accusing PlanetPOV of censoring my posts, but I hope you can see from what happened why I thought so. It looked like typical censoring behavior. But still, I should not have jumped to conclusions, and instead should have made sure first. Again I apologize.

I also thank you for taking the time to find the deleted posts. The only thing I don’t understand is how the first one could have been detected as spam, as it was longer than my usual posts, and not similar to anything else I posted. So this seems like some type of bug. The other two answers were very similar though, so having them flagged as spam makes sense.
        ST

• EXFANOFARIANA says:

FYI, beloved brother, I’ve also had posts put on spam because, well most likely, my Italian wine bottle was almost empty….And I only drink it if it comes from the surroundings neighborhoods of Rome….
          I’ve never met best support friends than here….
          XX

• SearingTruth says:

That was hilarious gentle friend EXFANOFARIANA! I sometimes have the same problem with Newcastle Brown Ale …

And the support here is indeed excellent. I feel very bad for jumping the gun and falsely accusing PlanetPOV of censoring me.
            ST

“I understand your human frailties, because they are much like mine, and the rest of humanities. We are all frail and weak, we all do things that shame us, we all make mistakes. But our character is not born from our perfection; it is instead born from how we deal with our imperfection.”
            SearingTruth

A Future of the Brave

• EXFANOFARIANA says:

My angel of peace, my darling S.T…You inspire me deeply with your ever so wholeheartedly wishes and your immense, gentle soul. As I’ve posted before, 90% of the time, you’ve never failed here or on other blogs, to bring peace to my highly emotional Italian blood/mind. I love you and have known you for years.I’d would hate to lose you as one of my digital family. You are my digital brother….for you sound so much like my late brother who left this earth so early to another level of conscience and achievements. A higher level for sure.I’ do be heartbroken if you leave us. I am often in disagreement with Monica Angela who I love and respect too much.And you two have so much in common.:) PLEASE, my friend…I’ve lost account of the so many tears you’ve brought to me and the peace that ensued afterwards.Please do not go.We are all humans that perhaps sometimes, misunderstand each other.
          Just for laughs, I cannot even share the music blog cause I am sure it would bore my dear ones here.So I’ve opt to stay out.LOLOLOL.You, Searing Truth, will forever stay with me. So many times I’ve C/P your comments to my file so I could calm down and read the beautiful messages you always spread.
          And Kalima, ARIGATO for EVERYTHING.TRULY!

• SearingTruth says:

Gentle friend EXFANOFARIANA, that was very sweet. Thank you. I value your friendship greatly as well.

And I’m not going anywhere.
            ST

“Our path, overfilled, has only been hidden.”
            SearingTruth

A Future of the Brave

Hello ST, I’m just passing through and caught this. I will restore your original comment before I leave.

This is not the first time that a member’s comment has ended up in our Spam Folder, and we can’t reproduce what was happening at the time yours was moved there. The only thing I can say is that like any other website, we have hundreds of spammers and hackers every day trying to login, so we use an aggressive Spam filter to stop the few who get in from commenting.

Also in the last few weeks, AdLib has been working relentlessly to fix bugs that occurred in many widgets and plugins after we installed a new version of our weekly Live Chat, Vox, which had caused numerous problems for some of our members from not receiving email notification for comment replies, to not being able to login.

Anyway that should be all fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I will now restore your comment, if you check the comment should be back on the post already.

• EXFANOFARIANA says:

My gentle friend. ST: I have been reading your anterior comments and they are all there.I am also having a tech issue today here for it’s impossible to click and go to reply here et al.
      For instance I am trying to reply to you for so ever gently, taking the patience over my rather petulant question about the Pauls.It here, I did get the feedback but it’s not taking me there.Remember, sometimes people can have different opinions and agree to disagree in a civil manner as I often do with MA.Please don’t go.PEACE BE WITH YOU!

• SearingTruth says:

No problem gentle friend EXFANOFARIANA. There was nothing wrong with your post, and I always want people to speak their minds.

I just wanted to make sure you got my answer.

In any case, Kalima seems to have figured out that it was a technical problem, and I have apologized for falsely accusing PlanetPOV of censorship.
        ST

3. sillylittleme says:

Hi,
    I have stopped getting notifications of replies. I haven’t had announcements in a couple of months. Ad sent me an email which I never received. I’ve set my email to put all planetpov.com mail to my inbox and still nothing. I tried following Kalima’s instructions to KT, but I can’t find the comment notification dropdown either. I’ve clicked on everything. Do I have to have a jetpack account too?

Not critical, just wondering…

Hey SLM, sorry about that, I’ve been working under the hood on the site to fix a variety of things that the latest software updates messed up. The email notifications have been working as far as I can check up until the last couple of weeks, they should be working properly now.

If you’re still not getting them (including this one), most likely your ISP or email program are tagging them as spam and they should be in your spam folder online or on your computer.

If you let me know who you use for internet service, I can help you with how to check this out and how to whitelist our email address.

• sillylittleme says:

Hey Ad, got this notification just not your reply to my Hill comment. I use hotmail/outlook/msn email or whatever they call themselves now. Had it for twenty years can’t seem to shake myself from it (tee hee). I made a rule that puts planetpov in my inbox so that’s how I got your response. That should fix it going forward…

4. Hey Ad, or Kalima, I’m not getting my e-mail notices any longer, though the box is checked. It may have something to do with the new software.

KT -- it may be that your email program or your ISP is tagging those emails as spam. Check your spam folder in your email program and your web based email to see if the notifications are going there and if so, add our email address, admin at planetpov .com, to your whitelist.

Please let me know what you find and if this does or doesn’t solve this issue.

Hi KT.

Go to your Dashboard, click on Settings, then scroll down to Comment Reply Notification. Make sure that all the appropriate boxes there are ticked. If that doesn’t work, I’ll email AdLib. Thanks.

• monicaangela says:

I’m having the same trouble KT. My email notices come and go, one day I get them, the next day I don’t. Many times I come to the site to find that someone has left a reply to a comment days ago, but I never received an email notification. Thought is was something that had to do with my computer or that somehow accidentally my preference had been unchecked.

5. funksands says:

Ad, sorry I vanished last night. The chat booted me off and I never could get back on again. Didn’t matter what browser I used.

Hi funk. AdLib left this message on Time Out on Friday night, so it had nothing to do with your browser. Sorry you missed it.

AdLib says:
      09/12/2014 at 8:36 PM (Edit)
      The outside system we use for our new Vox Populi chat crashed tonight, sorry folks! Have contacted them to fix the issue but don’t know if it will happen tonight.

Again, apologies on this, was a great chat tonight, sorry to see it end in the middle!

Likewise here, funk. A belated “G’night” to you and the rest of the gang! :-D

6. monicaangela says:

AdLib/Kalima,

Is there a problem with the site this morning? I log in, got to one of the articles to leave a comment and I receive the log in to leave a reply message. When I go back to login the site shows that I am logged in. I can leave a comment here, but not on some of the articles. I tried to leave a comment on the NFL article by AdLib but continue to get the log in to reply which does not allow me to comment. Can you help? Thank you.

7. monicaangela says:

AdLib/Kalima,

Please send my email address to RSGmusic. Thank you.

8. monicaangela says:

AdLib/Kalima,

My sister goes home today, so I’m back. I can’t seem to find the last article I placed on the dashboard. Do you still have it? Do you plan to publish it?

9. monicaangela says:

Just returned from the hospital. My sister is doing much better. The test she had did not show anything other than the pneumonia. She still has a bit of bacteria in her lungs, but her breathing was much better today, she has also gotten some of her color back, and was in much better spirits. If all goes well today and tomorrow, she should be able to return home on Saturday. Thank you all for your prayers, positive thoughts, and well wishes.

So glad to hear that it was “only” pneumonia, Monica (although we all know that’s bad enough!). Hope she’s back home soon!

• monicaangela says:

Thank you Kes, she’s being released today. She is still quite weak, and will have temporary home nursing care until she’s back on her feet. Her daughter is going to stay with her until she is better, and I, of course will also look in from time to time. This is a heavy load off my mind. I finally got a good nights sleep last night. :)

10. monicaangela says:

AdLib/Kalima

I placed an article on the dashboard and submitted it for approval. Could I please ask you not to post it if you plan to until you hear from me. My sister was just rushed to the hospital and I am on my way there now. She is older than I, and has had a few health problems in the past. I am not sure what the problem is yet, but I don’t know how long I will have to be away from PP. I will contact you as soon as I am able.

Prayers for you and your sister, monica! I hope she’s feeling better soon. Often a thoracentesis will give patients quite a bit of relief from dyspnea and I hope that’s the case for her.

Please try to rest — and as Kalima said — don’t forget to eat.

Looking forward to seeing you back here soon.

Hello monicaangela, like AdLib, I am sorry to hear about your sister falling sick. My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for her.

Take care of yourself too.

• monicaangela says:

Good Morning/Evening Kalima,

My sister has been diagnosed with pneumonia for the time being. Problems breathing which could mean many things. she had a Thoracentesis procedure done yesterday, and is scheduled for a Bronchoscopy tomorrow. I’m hoping it isn’t lung cancer or if it is, I hope it hasn’t spread. I will be in and out as we, go through this ordeal. I’ll stay in touch. Thank you for your prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery. I truly appreciate it.

monicaangela, hoping the pneumonia is the worst of it and that she is starting to recover from that. It’s always best to be thorough so it’s good that they’re checking into other potential causes but potentials are only that.

Please do let us know how she is progressing, we’re thinking of both of you.

Thanks for letting us know, monicaangela and the thoughts and prayers continue.

At times like this when loved ones are sick, we tend to forget to take care of ourselves, so please do get some rest and remember to eat.

Hoping to hear good news soon. See you when you get back.

Monica, I’m so sorry to hear this. Sending you and your sister all my best thoughts. Please let us know what you can when you can, hoping for the absolute best.

• monicaangela says:

Thank you AdLib, I left a message above for Kalima that explains what I know so far. As I said in that message to Kalima, I will be stopping in from time to time we I get a free moment. Thank you so much for your well wishes and thoughts for my sister.

11. Nirek says:

AdLib, when I go to my dashboard to write an article I used to get suggestions on the right side. Now there are none. Did I accidentally hit a button to stop that useful tool from working?
    Thanks for your help on this and everything else you do.
    Nirek

12. monicaangela says:

It appears the site is having problems again…could I be wrong? I notice that in the Off Topic section the videos have been changed around. One of the videos I posted has been replaced by one that MurphtheSurf posted. The video Kesmarn posted has been replaced by one that I posted. What’s going on?

Never mind, I believe I have fixed it, just needed to clear the cachet.

13. Kalima, or Ad, I was going to make this weekend’s music thread a tribute to Robin Williams, but changed my mind. If you could delete the unfinished post, I would appreciate it. I think it might be a little depressing for a weekend thread.

14. I’ve been trying to find my recent post entitled, Poems, Aphorisms and Injustices, but can’t locate it anywhere.

I looked in Speaker’s Corner and Arts and Entertainment and it’s not in either of those archives.

Could you please help me find it?

Due to the number of new posts, it’s no longer on the sidebar.

Sponsors