Obama20082012 On November - 17 - 2009

IMG_0033Whatever happened to ‘bring ’em on’?  Although GWB sounded like a fan from the ‘Get ‘er done’ fool,  at least he had the false bravado so sound sincere. ;).  What has happened to the GOP?  Do you mean to tell us that we don’t have the balls to bring KSM to New York and try him here in criminal courts?  Instead we have a bunch of nattering nabobs of pussydom screaming that KSM will escape and kidnap Bloomburg’s daughter.  Really?  Are you kidding me?  After all these years of it being oh so subtly suggested that liberals like me were wimps it’s never been more obvious that the biggest wimps are the wonderful members of the GOP.  It might as well stand for the Grand Old Pussies*.

Here in Michigan where our economy is in the pits, we have a prison that is closing and 100’s of people are going to lose their jobs and turn the town of Standish into a ghostown.  It was suggested since it’s a maximun security prison it would be an ideal place to keep the detainees from Gitmo.  It’s in the middle of nowhere, in a rural area, and if one of the detainees managed to escape a non English speaking Middle Eastern dressed in orange might just stick out in an all white rural area.  Even the people of Standish were for it at first, until a GOP town hall was held and the right wing sissy pants managed to change the sheeples minds.  Now it might go to Illinois along with 3000 jobs if that state does not wimp out.

What in the hell is happening to our country?  I have ‘balls’, (I am a woman) don’t you?

*I do not mean to denigrate cat’s in my description of the GOP, my husband and I have 6 of them.  If the image does manage to show,  it is a photo of our fuzz ball Willie.

Categories: News & Politics

Written by Obama20082012

A progressive liberal that is Obama20082012 on HP

1. AlphaBitch says:

Grabamop: that Willie is one cute kitty! He looks like my neighbor’s cat, Azul. We take care of him; he is always in fights and totally scabby. A shame, as he is one sweet puddy tat. We have a special needs boy, Beto. I’ll share a photo when I get a minute of the big boy. And if there is ever an adult topics thread, I’ll let you know about his “needs”………..

• Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

Thanks. We got him at our county pound. He’s about 9 years old (we think) and very playful. A real sweetie. We have had him for 7 years now. He was fixed and declawed when we got him and I feel sorry for whoever lost him, he was a well loved cat before, and is certainly a well loved cat now.

2. PepeLepew says:

I think the GOP sounds like sissies, because at heart so many of them are nothing more than schoolyard bullies. When schoolyard bullies are no longer calling the shots, they are the biggest whiners on the planet.

3. bitohistory says:

Grabamop, I think all the wussy rethugs all want in on your post today, They won’t stop. :-)
    Another reason to be scared ” dems want another attack so they can get a jobs bill
    GOHMERT: You

• Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

Thanks for the update Bit! That jerk Gohmert from Texas, what a tool. His name should be Gomher. What a bunch of shreiking harridans* the GOP is becoming!

No insult was intended for any harridan out there. I am sure I have been called that in the past, if not called worse.

4. FeloniousMonk says:

OT: A while ago “over yonder” someone posted a general complaint about the preponderance of FaceBook crapola everywhere, especially there. Someone else came back and suggested that thesite might be getting prepared to tell everyone to go chat on Facebook. That comment got pulled almost immmediately. I wonder if that person got a little too close to the truth?

Oh, while we’re on the subject of what KQ calls, Bankington Post, the top story right now is again about Wall Street but it is a broadly positive one, completely undermining all of the Empress’ ragging about the economy.

I guess her next column will be about how Obama, Geithner, The Fed and Warren Buffet have finally and obviously taken her advice on how to fix the economy.

• nellie says:

What’s up with the HP obsession w banking and Wall Street anyway? It’s almost like they’re trying to be the USA today version of the WSJ.

• Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

Hairianna has a degree in economics. Maybe that’s why the interest?

This is where Arianna and the hedge fund owners of HP really have their “heart”.

They are all about money and seem oblivious to the fact that their editorial obsession with money exposes their greed.

Those in a bubble think their perceptions and desires are naturally shared by everyone else. Thus, the heavy focus over there on Wall Street, Geithner, AIG, etc. and the plethora of stories posted there from Murdoch’s WSJ.

What other alleged progressive site would be a regular publisher of stories from a clearly right wing slanted Rupert Murdoch paper? And present them as they would an honest news article?

No, they have blown their cover, they are money-obsessed wealthy people who live, breathe and eat money. The facade of progressiveness is just a tool to make more money from the earnest Progressives out there who they treat like suckers.

My understanding is that they don’t allow any comments at their Facebook page so that wouldn’t work.

They get too much money from traffic at their site, no way they would hand it all over to Facebook…which is no doubt why they don’t want people spending their time commenting over there.

• FeloniousMonk says:

I suspect they may have a contract for every co-site shared individual who signs up, they make money. For every HP Facebook members comment, they both make money. I doubt they “share” anything for free.

I did hear that they’re rapturing more and more youtube items.

Sorry to hear of last night’s difficulties, BTW. Will keep an eye out for it. Didn’t see anything on the other side about it, though.

They may have some financial arrangement with Facebook but it wouldn’t be anywhere near as profitable as when they have the same traffic at their site.

Facebook isn’t exactly needy when it comes to traffic.

I think it is all about burrowing themselves deeply into their members’ lives and squeezing more time and clicks out of them at every opportunity.

A so-called Progressive site which wants to be Big Brother.

Sad, indeed.

• nellie says:

I bet they’re trying to pick up some of the facebook traffic, rather than the other way around. That was the reason I thought we should have a facebook page — to draw attention to PPOV from a broader source than HP.

Exactly, it’s all about building greater traffic at HP’s site, that’s how they make money.

I think they’ve hit a plateau. Big isn’t good enough when it comes to corporations, you have to increase quarterly revenues forever.

So, they have to keep getting bigger and bigger but the laws of logic say that as big as they are now, increases will be diminishing in proportion to existing revenues.

There are only so many bloggers out there so of course they’re chasing the troll demographic and others, they’ve pretty much topped out on Progressives who want to blog and are willing to do it at HuffPo.

5. nellie says:

Grabamop (I love that screen name, btw), I wonder if this is a case of progressives finally stepping up and calling the GOP on their scare tactics. The GOP has been fearmongering for so long, it’s amazing it never occurred to them that eventually, someone would ask them “What are you so afraid of?”

And from there it’s pretty easy to start pulling out the “scaredy cat” labels.

The GOP has convinced a lot of people that they should be afraid all the time. Maybe progressives can convince them to muster up some courage.

• Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

I hope it’s the case. I am sick and tired of the fear mongering from the GOP. I don’t fear a terrorist attack. I don’t fear health care reform. And what I am most sick of is us liberals being called ‘weak’. Obama really needs to use the bully pulpit to smack down the fear mongering.

• nellie says:

That “liberals are weak” theme is something the democrats can’t seem to shake off. And yet it’s the GOP that’s always running around with their hair on fire, telling people to be scared, making wrongheaded decisions motivated by fear, messing up our military engagements.

I don’t get it.

• Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

That’s the whole point, time for the Dems to shake it off. It will take time, but when the Gitmo detainees get here and KSM it tried and their is not any raping and pillaging maybe the sheeple will start waking up.

6. bitohistory says:

Speaking of Wussies, This just in my mail box:
    Former Bush adviser Karl Rove’s memoir will be released on March 9, 2010, and be titled “Courage and Consequence.” In a new statement, Rove said that the book will be “a frank account of what I witnessed and my often-controversial role.” Last year, Rove said that he was planning to “name names” of the people who never “accepted” Bush as a “legitimate president.”
    Catchy title, eh? What the hell does he now about “consequence”?

It only helps the Dems to keep having Cheney, Rove and all those assholes who destroyed the economy and military of our nation in the Bush Admin to stay front and center.

No matter what complaints someone may have with things under Obama, the more they’re reminded of the hell it was under a Republican president only helps to ensure that they’ll be voting Dem in 2010.

• escribacat says:

Gawd, what an arrogant jerk. I’m amazed he didn’t call it, “Me, Myself, and My Amazing Courage.”

• BigDogMom says:

I like javaz’s word to describe Rove, “caitiff”

• javaz says:

Wuss is good, I think!

1. a wimp; a weak person. : Don’t be such a wuss. Stand up for your rights.

2. A person regarded as weak or timid and especially as unmanly: “Cats are for wusses, dog men say” (Laura Blumenfeld).

Learn something new everyday!

• Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

What in the hell does he know about courage?

• AlphaBitch says:

What the hell does he know about either? Seems to me, he’s been getting off scot free! My favorite line about Rove: “He has flesh colored hair.”

• nellie says:

Good question. And I don’t know why anyone would be worried about being named as someone who never accepted Bush as a legitimate president. My hand goes up without reservation.

• bitohistory says:

Think he will have the courage to ‘fess-up on the Valerie Plame/Wilson situation? Or why it took him 5-6 appearances at the grand jury to get his story straight?

7. bitohistory says:

Judiciary hearing on right now. C-Span 3 Eric Holder and the KSM case. Who will make the biggest fool of themselves?

8. nellie says:

We pause for this public service message.

What’s with the female bashing? Ever heard of the mother who turned over a car to get her child from underneath it? Ever seen a lioness at work — in fact doing ALL the work in the pride? Women are not cowards. This analogy always bothers me. And the fact that it is one of the centerpieces of conservative brainwashing doesn’t help. I won’t even get into the gay-bashing connection.

We will now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

• javaz says:

Never thought of the word ‘sissy’ as being derogatory to females.
      And then I researched the origin of the word :

1. an effeminate boy or man.
      2. a timid or cowardly person.
      3. a little girl.

1846, “sister,” extended form of sis (q.v.). Meaning “effeminate man” is recorded from 1887; the adj. in this sense is from 1891.

Okay, so it is a slur against females and gays, and I thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Perhaps a better term would be: alarmist, caitiff, chicken heart, chicken liver, chicken*, craven, cur, dastard, deserter, faint-of-heart, faintheart, fraidy-cat, funk, gutless, invertebrate, jellyfish, lily liver, malingerer, mouse, pessimist, poltroon, quitter, rabbit, recreant, scaredy cat, shirk, shirker, skulker, sneak, weakling, white liver, wimp*, yellow belly, yellow*

I prefer caitiff -- a base, despicable person.

Agreed on the archaic and chauvinistic concept that being like a woman means being weak.

But I’m sure you’d agree that sissy is simply and commonly used nowadays as a synonym of “coward”, even if the word’s origin or previous use was different.

• bitohistory says:

I have always used the word “sissy” as weak/coward since grade school in the 50’s.
        “Dare You” “Double dare!” “Go on, you sissy, you first”

• Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

If women were so week, we wouldn’t be the ones stuck having the kids! I have never been in labor, but cramps alone is enough to go on a killing rampage.

• nellie says:

Perhaps I’m just too epistemologically inclined!

I don’t agree that the word has been dissociated from meaning effeminate. The thesaurus backs me up on that. As does the culture I see every day.

I know you love words as much as I do.

I agree about the basis of the word though I do think it has evolved into something more generic, just meaning “coward”.

It’s even applied to women nowadays which kind of makes that point.

And the reverse is true too, didn’t Hillary’s camp declare during the primary something to the effect of her having “testicular fortitude”?

• nellie says:

I know. I wish they had let that alone. Testicular fortitude, ballsy, man up as opposed to sissy, pussy, crying like a little girl. The culture picks up this language.

I love the phrase “man up,” but the implication is just wrong. What can I say? :-)

• Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

I have not seen any women bashing! I am a woman! I used sissies to portray a weakling. Other than getting super vulgar, I just don’t know that to call this Ahole Repubs.

9. javaz says:

Republicans are following Rush Limbaugh’s orders in wanting President Obama to fail.
    No matter what Obama does or does not do, the GOP will attack and scream and throw hissy-fits.

If it had been GWB and Gonzalez who ordered the terrorists trials to New York, and if the Democrats came out and screamed like little girls, the GOP would have had a field day calling them gurlie-boys.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

(love the kittie pics, especially the injured kitty supplied by KQuark)

I thought that the GOP have only ever been about gas and spit.

Cute kitty, far too cute for depicting the Repugs. Cats are much more intelligent and usually quite brave too.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the last part about your cats, the phone rang. We too have 6 and 10 outside, a handful I can assure you, but I assume that you know that.

• Grabamop/Obama20082012 says:

We get our vaccuum cleaner rebuilt about every other year. We feed some of the neighborhood cats as well. One of our goals after we ‘retire’ is to have a kitty rescue. Or just become crazy cat people!

Yep, they’re all so macho about going to war but terrified of a “terarist” even though he’s all locked and jailed up.

Calling Republicans sissies is slander upon the name of sissies everywhere.

12. KQuark says:

Don’t you know the American psyche is as wounded as this little pussy since the tough Dick Cheney and his puppet Bush gave up the worst terror attack in human history.

” alt=”pussy” />