Kalima On June - 4 - 2009

dsc01859

Nothing energizes quiet as much as dancing, that’s a fib but I’m

not about to give  you another example I’m a good girl!!

dsc01855

Categories: Speakers' Corner

Written by Kalima

Long time resident of Tokyo --- "Where is this woman I once knew so well? Memories fading or hurtling by like a howling wind at a speed I can't fathom or define. A star hangs like a teardrop from her eye, quivering but never falling. I search the empty corridors of my soul in hopes of catching just another glimpse of who she once presumed herself to be. Where is this woman who trod with such certainty, where is she now? I mourn her passing as another dawn breaks in my restless heart."

3 days later, I notice a spelling mistake (quite) not quiet and a comma missing after example.

Don’t drink and write!!

Good Lord, and that was only one sentence. 😆

To think that while I was sleeping like a baby, you were slogging away here creating new novas
    for us to enjoy, is inspiring.

I love it, the colours are soothing to my eyes, I feel like a kid with a new set of paints.

Bravo!!

Thanks! It really wasn’t terribly time consuming to switch themes.

This one does seem a bit cooler. I have several more to try out on all of you before locking one down.

The previous theme had a few bugs, this one has less but there’s one problem with the Comments, when you reply to one the page jumps around then leaves you at the bottom to comment. It does place your reply in the right place but it needs some fixing.

I’m not going to invest my time (or money) in any big code fixes until we’ve settled on a theme so I hope you can bear with this one’s hiccups.

Ok I’m trying this out and I see what you mean but if this lands under your last comment, then I
        don’t see it as a huge deal but as being rather unique. However should this be launched into
        outer space, we might have a problem Houston.

Ok, he goes. 3-2-1!!!

No problem at all, not even a hiccup. I wouldn’t worry about it.

It’s not a big thing to fix. For some reason the code is calling for the whole page to reload then pops back down here afterward.

I’ve already emailed the designer and even inquired about his availability and fees to make whatever revisions we might want to customize this site…if we choose to go with this one of course.

Are you working on it right now because there is no HP button?

Sent a reply to your email.

3. KQuark says:

Wow wow wow!

Adlib you hit a grand slam! I absolutely love the new theme. It’s unique and very functional at the same time. I also love the colors, very progressive!

Thanks! I have a few others that are very cool too!

Still a couple of glitches in this theme but fewer than in the previous one.

I do think it is a bit hipper!

Ok, I’m off!

Have good day now and kevenseven, hope your
    exam goes well.

See you!

Oh, just an idea, wouldn’t it be better with the
    newer comments on the top?

Otherwise we have to scroll right to the bottom each time as we have no “Back to the top” button.

Hey, I’m so sorry!

I just wanted to delete one of my comments and
    it took a string of replies with it.

So sorry, I didn’t think that this would happen.

Damn and blast it!!!

6. KQuark says:

I’m going with just KQuark on PlanetPOV (actually that was the original moniker I used on HP and I use for my fantasy teams) but just to remind you I’m still the SuperKollider I’ll test out adding this image.

7. KQuark says:

FYI One thing I noticed is that that the thumbnail ratio for images on the front page are almost exactly 1.75 to 1.00 (very close to 16X9 ratio used for HDTV as well) so if you use images with dimensions close to that ratio they will show up well in the thumbnails and posts. So for articles like my articles on the environmental impact of nonionic surfactants I’ve made my main graphic for “Chemistry” roughly with that same ratio as the thumbnail.

It doesn’t have to be exact and I noticed it’s better to be on the high side of the ratio say even as high as 2:1 without many negative effects. Your pictures will just be automatically cropped to that ratio.

Ok, now we’re talking! Yay!

Ok, let’s see if this works.

10. KQuark says:

I’ll give video a test.

Just a test…you can embed a video in your posts by adding a “v” after the “http” in a YouTube link like this: “httpv: //www. youtube.com/watch?v=?????” (just don’t put in the spaces I did, had to do so to illustrate).

12. KQuark says:

I really like the way these comment boxes look. I don’t know about you Kalima but they are much easier for me to read and follow. Because my blood pressure gets so low my vision goes in and out quite a bit. I just wish these bloody comment boxes on wordpress were a little wider.

I agree, you know about the problem with my left eye, so this really helps, especially this time in the
      afternoon when I’ve been up for 10 hours straight.

• KQuark says:

My left eyes tends to be my problem eye as well. But some days like this past Tuesday I just could not focus after I woke up for a few hours. Late at night I have the same problem.

How odd that we are with totally different health
          problems but share this double vision problem
          and with the same eye.

I can’t watch tv late at night, maybe that’s why I
          sleep so early and I haven’t been able to read a
          book for two years now. Sad!