bito On January - 17 - 2013

The place to post your comments without interrupting the single topic posts. However, be mindful of the strict rules!!

If you find the rules here are too confining, try the Morning Blog.

YOU MAY ONLY POST COMMENTS HERE IF:

THEY ARE OFF TOPIC, TO POST LINKS TO ARTICLES, TO COMMENT, TO SAY HELLO, TO HAVE A DIALOG, TO POST A VIDEO, TO PLAY, TO ASK QUESTIONS, TO HAVE OPINIONS, TO DISCUSS, TO POST KITTIES/PUPPIES/CARTOONS, TO TELL JOKES AND STORIES,

AND A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF I CAN’T THINK OF RIGHT NOW.

BUT ABSOLUTELY, NO SPITTING, EYE GOUGING OR HITTING ABOVE OR BELOW THE BELT!!

You know the rules, now follow them! Please?

Every so often I intrude TO/OT with a personal pick of a site that I find important that I feel needs to be shared and not lost in the shuffle of the constant flow of thoughts on The Planet.

And yet with globalization, we seem to have developed a strange apprehension about the efficacy of our ability to apply the innovation and hard work necessary to successfully compete in a complex security and economic environment. Further, we have misunderstood interdependence as a weakness rather than recognizing it as a strength. The key to sustaining our competitive edge, at home or on the world stage, is credibility — and credibility is a difficult capital to foster. It cannot be won through intimidation and threat, it cannot be sustained through protectionism or exclusion. Credibility requires engagement, strength, and reliability — imaginatively applied through the national tools of development, diplomacy, and defense.

The Y Article

A National Security Narrative

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H/T AB

Written by bito

Was once a handsome frog until kissed by an ugly corporate princess.----- Like a well honed knife, the internet can be a wonderful and useful tool. It can be used to prepare and serve a delicious meal or it can be used to cause harm. peace

14,030 Responses so far.

Now that’s entertainment…the Dutch historian who called out the wealthy in Davos crushes Tucker Carlson in this video and Carlson goes mad and spews curses at him.

Intimidation, Pressure and Humiliation: Inside Trump’s Two-Year War on the Investigations Encircling Him
    President Trump’s efforts have exposed him to accusations of obstruction of justice as Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, finishes his work

Mountains of evidence are just piling up against Trump and his crime family…when will it collapse on them?

Word is that Rosenstein will be resigning in mid-March and he has said that he would remain until the Mueller report was issued so might this mean that the Mueller report is already on track to come out, at least in part, in March?

I sure hope so!

Next week we will see and hear Cohen testifying, Roger Stone could be in jail, and Mueller’s report may be coming sooner than we thought. All of it will be a disaster for trump. Don’t forget to stock up on popcorn.

Tiny snowflake.

Donald Trump talks of ‘retribution’ after Alec Baldwin sketch on SNL
    Parody about ‘faking’ national emergency hits nerve with president, who calls for Saturday Night Live to be invest

4. pinkpantheroz says:

Has anyone heard from Murph the Surf following his breakfast meeting? Intrigued!

“We have so much money”. “It would take years and I want to do it faster”. Both sentence are a huge screw up. If they have so much money, they don’t need a National Emergency. Hope the courts roast him. He “thinks?” he’s “King trump”.

In case, like me, you can’t bear to watch or listen to his stupidity anymore.

Trump’s bewildering national emergency press conference, annotated

And as folks keep saying, why lie about all this, especially when it destroys a plea deal, if there isn’t something even worse to hide? And Mueller has the receipts.

He thinks he’s getting a pardon. If trump does give him one, it will prove they are both guilty. They all lied, so how many will end up in jail?

It should be proof of obstruction of justice if Trump pardons manafort and Trump knows this. It would be satisfying to see the infamously disloyal Trump turn his back on Manafort when his own neck is at stake but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pardon Manafort in Jan 2021 during his lame duck session, just before he’s forced out of the WH.

So trump wants her to resign? Ha! Will they ask trump to resign too? Has trump ever apologised for anything in his whole lying life?

Trump’s demonising of the “caravans”, and the repubs claiming that George Soros was paying for them, is what took Jewish lives at prayer in Pittsburgh. Nazis chanting “Jews will not replace us” in Charlottesville were “ some good people there too”. Banning over 1 billion 500,000 Muslims for the God they worship. Talking about the oppressive regime of Israel or criticism of their policies, is not anti-Semitic. There needs to be a conversation about this issue that is way overdue in America.

House Republicans force ‘denouncing anti-Semitism’ vote to ’embarrass’ Dems and Ilhan Omar: Politico

Ilhan Omar Fires Back at Trump: ‘You Have Trafficked in Hate Your Whole Life’

Reminds me of that old headline, “Hitler Condemns Chamberlain of Being Anti-Germanic and Demands He Resign”.

Excellent example. He should just STFU and stop projecting. A man without a conscience can’t. His only use for looking in the mirror, is to fix his hilarious wrap around hair disaster. How can anyone so ugly inside and outside, cling to unworthy self pride?

For your entertainment:

I happened to catch this one the other day too, AdLib. It’s just hilarious. They do an amazing job with these vids — so funny without being crude or mean spirited, and high production values too.

8. Nirek says:

Do any of you folks know why I can’t log on POV with my computer? I am using my kindle tablet. Need help, please.

9. Nirek says:

Trump is the domestic enemy I swore to defend America from when I was inducted. He caters to our foreign enemies Putin.Kim Jong UN,and Saudi Prince. All while disrespecting a prisoner of war and all of our Vietnam veterans by going to Hanoi to a love fest with Kim. Hanoi a place he spent his daddy,s money to buy five deferments to stay out of. This is treasonous! He is traitor,idiot, and jacks$$. I apologize to all backslashes.

Missed you here, Nirek.

It’s almost like part of the nation is in disbelief because of how clear it is that there’s been a coup and a crazy extremist and a pawn of our enemy has taken power.

His constant lies, sabotage of our alliances and principles, attacks on our institutions and slavish devotion to dictators around the world, it seems to overwhelm a lot of people. The daily madness and outrages, the name calling and attacking private citizens he sees as enemies…I think it’s kind of like PTSD for some.

But for most of us, it’s a call to action and a duty as a citizen to oppose this deranged man and do all we can to stop him.

• Nirek says:

Ad,my big finger tried to hit the thumbs up. Instead it hit both at the same time, sorry.
        I took an oath when inducted to defend America against all enemies foreign and domestic. Trump is the domestic enemy. All I can do is write about his treachery here and on facebook.

As for my computer,I get a message saying my password is wrong and that I am locked out. Thanks in advance for your help because it takes a long time for me to type on this tiny tablet.

It’s so good to hear from you again, Nirek. Think of you often.

The history books will be filled with facts about the most criminally corrupt administration ever, and the equally corrupt politicians who covered for trump while wildly breaking laws and trashing the Constitution either because of blackmailing, or clinging to power for financial gain.

Before that we can expect in depth reporting by increasingly honest reporting.

It’s not plausible to think that there are any moderate republicans left when a story that Susan Collins received donations of $1.8 million after her yes vote for Brett Kavanaugh.

Some people will never wake up to the fact that trumpism is a big con, but there a many more who have. If trump’s approval rating stays as lowest it is, he should start packing for a run to a country with no extradition treaty instead of running in 2020.

Stay safe. Peace always.

Ditto, ditto and again ditto, Nirek!

Great point about DJT’s EXTREME reluctance to be anywhere near Hanoi during the time that John McCain was at the “Hilton.” Now that he has a chance to kiss Lil Kim’s… hand… of course, it’s a different story.

P.S. SO good to see you here at the Planet. We think of you so often, and realize that your life is complex and we do appreciate it every time you make the time to visit here.

• Nirek says:

Thanks. The dementia is taking a lot of my time. I have to get on the computer when she is sleeping. I can’t get on with my computer but am on with a tablet.

I can only imagine how busy your days are, Nirek. You’re doing the most valuable work a human can possibly do, I believe. Prayers for your comfort and strength.

They should be offering majors in “Fact Checking Trump” in college, it’s a booming industry!

Though, it’s easier to be “Lie Checking Trump”, you just tick off everything he says as a lie and you’re right every time!

Over 7,500 lies by now with many others keeping tract. The problem with constant lying is that sooner or later you can’t keep your story straight and it’s been happening to trump for some time now. “ I never said that Mexico would pay for the wall”. There are dozens of video clips to disputes him. The same with every other lie. There are plenty of actual verified facts to prove his lies. The chickens are coming home to roost and it won’t be pretty.

NO LIVE CHAT TONIGHT FOR SOTU

We typically have had live chats here at The Planet during SOTU addresses but this year and for the duration of the Trump regime, we will instead be boycotting the SOTU.

We know that it will be a string of phony calls for unity, puffery about how great Trump is and the many phony miracles he’s performed and loud lies and racism designed to fire up his immoral base.

Watching all of that without anyone able to stand up and dispute his BS until 5 minutes after he spews it all may only raise blood pressures and cause people to throw their remote through their tv.

We will be watching Stacey Abrams response of course and analysis of Trump’s speech but at least at this point, watching it live would seem to be normalizing this abnormal person.

Got home from my book discussion group well after 10 p.m. and was astonished to find that he was still blathering away!

What I caught was full of maudlin fake sentimentality and false, gushing florid meaningless prose. Whoever wrote this (because we know who didn’t write it) should be fired.

Now to Stacey Abrams… Whom I really love.

When they gave advanced word that the SOTU would be about “unity”, something totally foreign to Trump), I knew it would be a very insincere ploy for him to read off a TelePrompTer, someone else’s syrupy, kumbaya words.

It was obvious and since I didn’t want to terrify my dog with constant screams at my tv of, “THIS IS TOTAL BS!!!”, I decided to spend my time designing a perpetual motion machine instead.

Time well spent, AdLib. The perpetual motion machine, that is. I’m still trying to recover from the ten minutes of trumpeting I inadvertently subjected myself to.

Stacy, on the other hand, was terrific, I thought. Sharp, upbeat and very likable. I really would love to see more of this woman in the future.

I have to say, I feel much better having not felt captive to Trump’s torrent of BS for an hour and a half. I’ve watched every SOTU since I can remember, this is the first one I completely ignored and unlike last year, I don’t feel I need to take repeated showers to feel clean again.

As for Stacey Abrams, she nailed it and met my hopeful expectations for her. Someone mentioned that she should be considered for VP in 2020 and why not? Though I’d rather see her take the Senate seat away from that disgusting Perdue reptile.

In total agreement, AdLib. During his State of Disunion speech, I’ve decided that my time is better spent on cleaning cat loos. Looking forward to clips of Speaker Pelosi’s face sitting behind him, and the rebuttal from Stacy Abrams.

I actually think cleaning cat looks and watching Trump give a SOTU are indistinguishable.

I will catch up on what he said, in analysis, I do want to know things but sitting through an hour of Trump BSing at full volume makes waterboarding seem like a gargle.

I’m on a link to WaPo for the analysis and the rebuttal so I can avoid the CNN pudnuts. Chewing glass would be an improvement on the bile production of hearing the ranting of a dangerous and traitorous madman. How can an agent of Russia be allowed to give any speech to the country?

Trump is a moron, he doesn’t learn but what he doesn’t understand because of that, is that most people do learn from experience.

Most Americans now know that whatever Trump says is likely a lie. They know that his claims of murderous hordes in caravans are lies. That anything he claims as true, including his attacks on Dems, Mueller, the press, etc., are just lies too.

People (aside from the 35% of Americans who are also ignorant racists) learn from people’s behavior about who they are.

And once you’ve cemented the perception of yourself as a liar, who’s going to pay any mind to you when you cry wolf again…out of desperation as the Big Bad Mueller comes for you.

Exclusive split screen footage of Trump giving the SOTU live and hours earlier before he was in makeup.

My brain and blood pressure are thanking me for not watching Trump’s SOTU last night.

I am interested to hear more about the viewership to see if the boycott that many were participating in had a real impact.

It was an expensive waste of time with hollow platitudes, lies and propaganda. I think most Americans are pretty solidified in their opinions about Trump.

Most Americans expect everything he says to be a lie, a minority who are his cult followers slavishly worship what they hear from him and treat it like’s God’s word.

There was no reason for the majority to watch him and I hope many didn’t.

Today or at least by tomorrow, he’ll be tweeting out some nasty personal attack on Dems and the whole charade will be ignorantly exposed for all to see.

Just glad the SDNY is cranking up it’s pursuit of Trump, his org and inaugural committee.

Between them and Mueller, Trump should be squeezed like the overripe orange he is and we may see President Pelosi giving the SOTU next year!

Laughed out loud!

Well, whine or not, the House Committees are starting their investigations and there is nothing trump can do about them doing their jobs. He doesn’t know Adam Schiff when he tweeted about “Adam Schitt” last year?

He’s scared and he should be because he can’t blackmail and bully the Democrats. The WH should stock up on adult diapers. He will need them.

Thanks for the link!

I have recently returned to the disbelief of how so many Repubs willingly support and follow this clearly deranged nut job with the intellect of a 5 year old.

Everything has become a farce under this lunatic.

Sometimes I wonder if he doesn’t think that the way to leave a big imprint in history is to be the greatest vandal America ever had, the more he can destroy, the bigger his place in history.

Thinking he would be finished by 12 noon my time, I turned on the tv. He was still at it so I turned off the sound. I was transported to the age of the Dinosaurs and T-Rex was frantically waving his little claws around. Pence averted his eyes from Nancy Pelosi, and the repubs clapped in chorus like trained seals.

Someone said it was worse in ratings than the Super Bowl. His disproven whoppers came “fast and furious”. As we predicted, fresh manure as far as the eye could see. A one trick pony.

Asked Putin for help with the election? Collusion!

These Secret Files Show How The Trump Moscow Talks Unfolded While Trump Heaped Praise On Putin
    Ahead of Michael Cohen’s testimony, read the original paper trail behind the campaign to build Europe’s tallest tower in Moscow — and how it played out alongside Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

Internal trump org documents

Federal prosecutors issue sweeping subpoena for documents from Trump inaugural committee, a sign of a deepening criminal probe

A Lobbyist At The Trump Tower Meeting Received Half A Million Dollars In Suspicious Payments

A bank flagged transactions, including large cash deposits, made before and after Rinat Akhmetshin attended the 2016 Trump Tower meeting.

I think this is huge, Michael Cohen is talking and he was right in the middle of the inaugural committee and we already know many Russians and oligarchs were involved and likely contributed money which is a federal crime.

This can sweep up so many in Trump’s circle who participated in that criminal venture AND prove collusion/conspiracy with Russians. SDNY is pretty ruthless and fearless, they may indeed indict Trump.

Meanwhile, I now think that Mueller is going to weave his report into his indictments, especially his final indictments which should include Don Jr.. That would be an appropriate and prime opportunity to finally drop the hammer on Trump’s conspiracy with the Russians by applying the crimes to Don Jr. and stating that Trump is guilty of all the same charges and more.

Barr can’t prevent Mueller from filing full charges that include the meat of his eventual report as long as they are pertinent to the indictments against Jr.

But how long do we hafta wait! Hurry up Bob!