PatsyT On August - 4 - 2010

Summertime Television at it’s Best . . . ?

Do you remember watching the reruns of the Smother Brothers show during the summer?

Now we have …..

America’s Got Talent

Let’s see that talent then…. or ….. does it come with strings?

Could someone like Prince Poppycock win this summer’s talent competition?

America may have talent but does it have imagination?

On one of Prince Poppycock’s web pages he said…….

“I love my country even if my country does not love me”

I hope he goes all the way

UPDATE

Prince Poppycock has made it through tonight to the next round !

Just thought you’d like to know.

Categories: News & Politics

Written by PatsyT

Mary Poppins said, "Practically perfect in every way" Today, I say, "Practically progressive in every way"

1. PatsyT says:

On the subject of singing competitions
    Last year on American Idol (or America I’m dull)
    They had Adam Lambert

Adam was not dull at all! I thought he should be the winner,
    but did that happen? No!

This guy won
    Kris Allen, not bad, but how can you compare?
    It is a singing competition !

2. PatsyT says:

This is the clip from his performance last night……

Whoever thought of installing twinkling lights in the ruffles on that costume was a genius. That pushed it to something beyond over the top.

I was interested to see that John, too, sees Poppycock as another persona as well. A reflection of the common perception by artists that they’re channeling a force that they don’t entirely control. I’ve always been intrigued by the process of artistic creation because I think it’s something we don’t entirely understand.

Patsy, thanks for introducing this guy to us. I almost never watch network TV (and being at work so many evenings keeps me out of the loop, too), so I totally missed this.

Why do I enjoy this fellow’s performance so much? As BT said, he’s fearless. And he seems to have a totally different persona when he’s in costume and make-up than when he’s not. Interesting. His voice is actually quite decent, too.

He also has the greatest looking legs — on a male or a female — that I’ve ever seen. πŸ˜†

• PatsyT says:

I remember kids that were going through that parental approval thing, it’s brutal.
      We need all these creative people to keep our own brains from atrophy.
      How can we solve anything out there in the world if we cut ourselves off from creativity?

Actually, I kinda look forward to summer. I watch like near zero network TV and a good chunk of my viewing is USA, and thank goodness, Mad Men is back!

By the way, if I ever could go back to another time, fashionwise, it would be the 18th century (assuming I was of the aristocracy and could afford the fabulous clothes).

Found this the other day and I can only imagine how many hundreds of hours of embroidery went into this, Khirad.

Indeed.

But, as well, I want :16, give me what’s at :28 here in black or crushed dark violet with silver filigree on the cuffs, and I also love the stuff like at :38, as well as the military type double breast like at :46

I love costume drama movies like Amadeus, Vatel, Ridicule and loved to hate Archibald Cunningham in Rob Roy.

• Mightywoof says:

That is seriously beautiful needlework Kes … and I bet whoever made it went seriously blind!! Can you imagine being the poor peasant who sewed that coat and vest, working by candlelight for a few pennies to feed the family -- no, neither can I!! We’ve come a long way baby -- and many miles still to go before we sleep πŸ˜€

So true, Mw! I would suspect that it might have taken several peasants and/or nuns in convents to produce this level of artistry. But — yes — trifocals wouldn’t be enough to compensate for all those hours of squinting!

• PatsyT says:

Ahh yes, I would love that too but the ladies had to wear those torturous corsets !
      Not the men!