AdLib On August - 15 - 2015

It’s that time of year when kids start marching back to school with their new backpacks, new clothes and new college loan debts.
To celebrate the return to school, this weekend’s theme is songs about school and songs that remind you of your school days.

So grab that carton of milk and smoke in the boy’s room, we’re going back to school!

Categories: Music Thread

1. pinkpantheroz says:

The Greatest of the Showband singers of the ’60s. Joe Dolan, RIP

2. Fergie1 says:

Then we made it all the way to THE Beatles! Not supposed to have them but we told sister it was someone else! Then we saw her tapping her feet! We WON!

3. Fergie1 says:

Yes, this was actually one we did at rec!

4. Fergie1 says:

We progressed! Sorry these are backwards chronologically!

5. pinkpantheroz says:

Mick McGear ( Paul McCartney’s Brother) and Scaffold:

6. Fergie1 says:

NO, I’m not THAT old, (my high school days were in the 60’s!)
    but another one we were allowed was:

Wrapping our ties around the bottom of our school uniform skirts and well you get the idea! Lots of laughs 😆

7. Fergie1 says:

My high school days were in boarding school in England. For the first two years there we were not allowed to have any “Vocals” at evening recreation time! What a hoot. That changed in my last two years when we asked a “with it” priest to speak to the Mother Prioress and he told her that if we were not exposed to more modern music NOW, we would go WILD when we left! But those first two years were filled with the sounds of :

8. pinkpantheroz says:

My schooldays were in Ireland, so we heard mostly British Pop on Radio Luxembourg, 208m Medium Wave and 49.26 M SW. I still remember that!

• Fergie1 says:

Good one PPO! I was in boarding school in England and Richard Greene’s (of Robin Hood fame) daughter was in my class. She was EXPELLED for having a magazine under her mattress of the handsome Cliff!

9. pinkpantheroz says:

Memories of my first crush!