AdLib On June - 2 - 2012

With what’s going on in the world, our nation and our lives, we can sometimes get discouraged and disappointed but the best way to dispel the darkness is with light.

This weekend’s theme is about sending love out to those we care about, those who are going through difficult times, those we don’t see enough and those who really matter to us.

So let others out there know you’re thinking about them and share a little love.

Send Your Love – Sting

Don’t Give Up – Peter Gabriel

All You Need is Love – The Beatles

I’ll Be There For You – Bon Jovi

What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong

You’re My Best Friend – Queen

If You Want to Sing Out – Cat Stevens

Categories: Music Thread

1. Imelda May--Forever You and Me;

2. Billy Joel--Just The Way You Are;

3. BS&T--I Love You More Than You’ll Ever Know;

4. SallyT says:

And, my last song belongs to that 28 year old bachelor that came across me and allowed me to change his life. Thank you, Sweetie, for changing mine too, all for a better one. This was your song to me many years ago. You are my last love.

Foreigner I’ve Been Waiting For A Girl Like You

• SallyT says:

PS Happy Anniversary tomorrow, Mr. T! Here’s to 29 more years of fun! After that, if we aren’t not having fun, let’s talk about it first. :)

5. SallyT says:

And, this song was dedicated to me once by my first love. (It’s okay, Mr. T knows I had a first love. He’s not bother by that because he knows he is my last love.)

I’d Really Love To See You Tonight Dan Seal and John Ford Coley

• SallyT says:

Oh, and I am not referring to the ex. I have had puppy love, first love, wrong love, and true love. That true love is also my last love. Anything after him will just be for the money. :)

6. SallyT says:

Anytime Mr. T is away for more than a day, this song aways comes to mind.

Come Monday Jimmy Buffett

• SueInCa says:

I really like Buffett. His music reminds me of lazy days by the beach. This is a really good one Sally. Mr. T is one lucky guy is he the one with all the chains around his neck? :-)

• SallyT says:

No, he is not that Mr.T but he will tell you that at times he feels like he has a chain around his ankle and a ring in his nose. When he feels like that, I know I am doing something right. :)
        He use to work on the oil rigs in Wyoming when we were dating and I would play this tape when he was gone, so, if he is away for a day or two I think of Buffett.

The Cure -- Love Song