KQµårk 死神 On May - 14 - 2010

Well folks it might be still over a month away technically but it’s hot down in Georgia.  Sometimes I don’t think we would have a Spring, save for the rainy days.   So kick back and enjoy your frozen PGD (Pink Girly Drink) and share some summertime toons.

My favorite summertime song the George Gershwin original.  Several versions I could findliday – Bluesy

Janis Joplin – Folk Rocky

Ella Fitzgerald – Jazzy

Jill Scott and George Benson – Duety

Kathlene Battle – Operay

Sarah Brightman – Divinely

I’ll leave you with the quintescential music for a Summer night.  Ein kleine nachtmusik.

Please share your summertime favorites.

Written by KQµårk 死神

My PlanetPOV contact is [email protected] Proud Dem whose favorite hobby is cat herding. The GOP is not a political party, it's a personality disorder. Cancer, Heart Failure and Bush Survivor.

1. KQ says:

I was looking for a video from rapper Eve but found this hilarious video. Take that Christian fundamentalists.

BANNED Adam and Eve, the gay version

I think I’ll do a banned YouTube video post for tomorrow night.

That was hilarious!

Funny K. That would have put an end to all of us. :)

• KQ says:

Isn’t that why God created immaculate conceptions? 😉

😆 😆 😆

• javaz says:

That comment reminds me of a girlfriend from high school.
          She got pregnant and in them days, it wasn’t like today.
          She said that she was going to tell her parents to remember the Immaculate Conception, and that was very funny at the time, but also, very frightening and very worrisome.

Her father, who was a local judge, actually had a heart attack when she told her parents, and it was awful.

Good Catholic school girls just didn’t do that back then.

I even had another classmate while in the 7th grade that got pregnant, and they sent her away to some home in Wisconsin, and she wasn’t a friend, but others that were could only address mail to her using her first name.
          That girl was forced to give up her baby and I do not know what happened to her.
          She never returned to school but her older sister and brothers were still there but they never talked about her again.
          It was like she never existed.

Those were very dark days and before the pill, but things changed fast by the time I got to high school.

• KQ says:

True dat. They use to send the girls to a nunnery and they would just miss a year in school. I remember a couple girls doing that in high school.

But you’ve got admit that some fundamental Christianists take it a step further with the concept of “born again virgins”.

Remember the movie “Agnes of God” when the nun got pregnant?

• javaz says:

I do remember that movie.

The funny thing about the girl from 7th grade that they sent away never to be heard from again, was that her father was a janitor at our Catholic School and rumored to be having an affair with one of the nuns.

Oh, I could tell you stories.

I’m just so glad that them days are long gone and a faint memory now.

2. javaz says:

AC/DC -- Shoot To Thrill from Ironman 2 --

Not exactly a summer song, but a most excellent summer movie!

I dislike movies like Ironman usually, but Ironman 2 rocked!
    (I need to see the first one now but wish could see it on the big screen)

3. KQ says:

Not for folks that don’t like hard core rap.

Khirad did you catch the animated movie “Freaknik”?

Talk about a warm weather institution. I’ve never been but my wife when each year she was in college.

The theme from “Freaknik”.

One of the joints.

We actually have it on Tivo and watched it about a half dozen times.

• javaz says:

You know, my husband and I absolutely hated rap with a passion, but honest to goodness, we have discovered that we do actually like some of it.

We’d never buy any, but it’s an acquired taste and we are finding that we don’t hate it so much anymore.

When our neighbors leave on vacation in a few weeks, I am logging onto their computer, since they have high-speed, and the very first thing I am looking into is the Mervins, because of Pepe, and then come back to this and play all of these and then maybe go back even further.

• KQ says:

It’s certainly not for everyone. I have a very eclectic taste in music. About the only genres where I don’t like any songs is hate music which is mostly hate metal. Not only is the message bad but hate bands have no talent either. I figure it’s because of their closed minds.

I like allot of rap from the late 80’s and 90’s but it was “honest” back then. I like very little of the rap that is coming out now.

Music I like with an edge now are mostly fusion bands that are combinations of hard rock, alternative and hip hop. Rage Against the Machine was probably my favorite fusion band and they did their work in the 90’s.

• escribacat says:

We had a local murder case where the 19 yr old kid murdered a 13 year old girl and had sex with her body. His facebook page was filled with Insane Clown Posse. My buddy at victim services thought I was nuts but I read a lot of their lyrics. Maybe they didn’t inspire him to do what he did but he certainly found kindred spirits in them and their lyrics.

4. javaz says:

The Rolling Stones -- Summertime Blues --

Stones -- Summer Romance --

Aaliyah -- Rock The Boat

Ashanti -- My Lips Are Waiting

I had to pull this out sooner or later…

Will Smith -- Miami

Cheating a bit I know. Donna Summer- I Feel Love

• LiseLives says:

That’s a very sexy song -- she cleaned up her act in her later years, but I loved her earlier stuff --

She was very popular in Germany and most of Europe. My friend Werner who unfortunately died of AIDS in 98″ and I used to burn the disco floors to her music. One night I was high on champagne and they wanted to close. I got up on the table and shouted “I’m going to buy this bloody place.!” They kept it open and played 3 more songs just for the two of us. We stumbled out at 4 am and slept in the car until lunchtime. :)

• javaz says:

Champagne is the best, but it can drive one insane!

Champagne is like Tequila -- small quantity for sanity -- except Champagne, unlike Tequila, is so hard to limit the intake because it tastes wonderful, especially when it’s chilled to the proper temperature.

Luckily the only kind of “insane” I’ve experienced is when we don’t have the second bottle chilling.

In the hot and humid summers here, we often open a bottle on Sunday afternoons and eat fresh strawberries with it. Do love those afternoons. :)

• javaz says:

We freeze the strawberries when we do Champagne, and we only do Champagne on New Year’s Eve, and then plop the frozen berries in the glass and it keeps the wine cool and then we eat them.

Oh goodness, I can’t do Champagne anymore, which is a good thing, but them were the days.

• LiseLives says:

LOL -- I’ve had some of those memorable times too, not so much lately though 😉

I know Lise, I couldn’t do that again now even if someone wanted to pay me a million dollars and I used to be so “wild.”

Now by about 11 pm, all I can think about is going to bed. :)

• LiseLives says:

LOL -- we DO slow down some as we age --
              I’m in bed by 9 wit’ my book.
              Sounds boring, but I love that slow heartbeat feeling : Peace !

Not boring at all, a great way to wind down. I’m in bed before 11 with my hot cocoa and my naughtiest cat, “Monster Terrokat”-Tiger.

Farewell my Summer Love-Michael Jackson

8. javaz says:

Pierre Boulez -- Le Soleil Des Eaux --

Anggun -- Un Ete A Paris --

In honor of SB1070 protesters --

Los Soles de Mexico --

Call it “Indian” Summer:

10. javaz says:

John Denver -- Sunshine On My Shoulders --

Brotherhood Of Man -- Sunshine All The Way --

Miranda Cosgrove -- Raining Sunshine --

Bill Withers -- Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone --

11. KQ says:

OK next person who posts Summer in the City again gets the booby prize of the night. But at least I get to use the eye roll again. :roll: 😉

12. javaz says:

Whitestar -- Sunshine Girl --

13. PatsyT says:

I first heard this in the summer…. of ….. hmmmm ???
    Sounds great in the summer…..
    Marvin Gaye- Live
    Whats Going On

My favourite song of my life so far, oh and of course a few MJ songs. Brings back such wonderful memories of being “poor” and living in a dump in Shepherd’s Bush, London. We exchanged our Temptation’s “Cloud 9” album for Marvin’s “What’s going on” album with our next door neighbours. They played their music so loud when they were stoned, we didn’t even have to miss it. 😆

• LiseLives says:

LOL -- Summer of …… ?

It’s like I always say : I’m 50 ahrumh, let me try again 50 ahhhhrumph !
      Always seems to be a timely coughing spell, can’t figure out why :mrgreen:

14. javaz says: