AdLib On November - 20 - 2009

sheep-cliff1 copyThanksgiving is less than a week away but here at The Planet, every Friday Night is a holiday from the week’s “adventures”.

As usual, we encourage members to give that other site the day off today though if you do go by there, please don’t hesitate to invite others there to join us today and tonight.

Right here at The Planet tonight, we will as always host a music thread to listen to and share lots of wonderful music videos with your friends and colleagues (as well as chat about anything and everything).

And also tonight, we’re excited to present the debut of “The Weekly Planet”, our live roundtable with humorous and thoughtful discussions of this week’s news, .  It begins tonight at 7 pm PST on the page of the same name (which you’ll find under “Live Events” at the top of the page).

For your convenience, here is the link to “The Weekly Planet” page:

As with Debate Night Live, the live chat system does give access to all Authors so we really appreciate your allowing just tonight’s guests to enter comments. After the event, we will move to a related post for everyone to chat about the event and the topics that were discussed.

Hope to see you there tonight, should be fun!

Categories: Featured, Humor, PlanetPOV

1. KarateKid says:

Who is Rob S that you all are referring to? For the life of me, I cannot understand how I get away with all the foul language I use but others get banned for far less. Pepe, did you get an email suspending you? I don’t get it….I saw the French stuff, pretty funny, but nothing like I write sometimes.

• PepeLepew says:

Yes, I got an e-mail. Rob S. is a moderator.

• FeloniousMonk says:

Do we have any proof that “Rob S” is a singular person? Or is this a generic “personalization” of whoever has the moderation power at any given time? Since there is no return e-mail, or so I believe I’ve been told, they could just be faking us all out.

But I’m continually pissed about the unfair and idiotic manner of their “moderation”. Troll shit that is as flagrantly abuse of people, our country, and the President gets left up and no one does anything about it, but then one of us post something fairly benign and it’s raptured and, in some cases, so are we. This is what has driven me away from any meaningful discussion there, it isn’t worth the effort. Besides, you can’t discuss with a troll. It never happens.

• HITO says:

But here’s my favorite:

Hello:
          As far as I can tell--neither one of you is staff. I have no idea if either of you actually posted the others’ password or anything else. I have no idea what started your fight, and I don’t care. The next time I notice either of your accounts acting out, I will, at the very least, suspend your accounts.
          Let’s play nice, shall we?
          —————————————--
          This was sent to naga and I.

• FeloniousMonk says:

I’ve noticed lately that the little “in-group” when they start talking about socks always ends up saying “LadyNaga, you know so much about these things, who is this or that?” It’s as if they acknowledge something is up but refuse to see any further.

And the sheep shall be led to slaughter…

• BigDogMom says:

So, with that statement they are admitting that they do have staff posting, very interesting to say the least.

Extremely interesting…how many are posting as trolls I wonder?

• escribacat says:

Hah. Good point. I didn’t piece that together… how would someone get someone else’s password?

• escribacat says:

I rarely make any effort any more to write thoughtful posts. Those just seem more likely to get scrubbed (more words?). I still think the “mods” are a bunch of interns getting drunk and messing with people’s heads.

• FeloniousMonk says:

I’m convinced that from the time you click on reply, a timer starts, and the longer it goes, the less likely your comment will be of surviving. It’s as if they don’t want any well conceived comments being provided.

• HITO says:

Here’s a little ditty.

Hello:

I’ve recently seen a comment from you instructing others on avoiding our word filters.

Would you be surprised to learn that both trying to avoid the word filter and telling others how to do so might be defeating our purpose in implementing such things? Further, would it surprise you to know that we don’t consider either trying to fool it yourself or telling others how to do so to be acceptable behavior?

We don’t.

I’ve noted your account & I’m letting you know right now you need to not repeat this behavior.

Rob S.

• escribacat says:

Another thing is, EVERYONE does what they can to avoid the word filter.

Quite a nasty peace of work isn’t he?

Has a few delusions of grandeur, this one on one style with the members and moderators was not in practice when I left in April this year.

I think we should start a collection to buy a six months supply of ExLax to see if he can’t be cured of what is ailing him.

• BigDogMom says:

Hey Kalima, how are you feeling? Hope better, my Dad had and older sister have RA, so far so good for me…just have a thyroid condition, which my doctor tells me is hereditary and connected to my family’s RA.

I’m so very sorry to hear that, I think that my friend stopped taking her medication for many years, she has no insurance, had to stop working as she has chronic asthma too with a few attacks every week, so couldn’t afford to continue her treatment. Makes me mad as hell and I have a few American friends in the same boat.

Stress is bad for what I have too, I try to avoid it whenever I can. Take care.

• BigDogMom says:

I was diagnosed two years ago with Hashimoto’s disease, so far I’m not on any thyroid meds yet.

Seems to flair up when I’m stressed out, have had only three attacks since being diagosed. Meditation and a lot of walking on the beach with big dogs help.

Hello BDM, I’ll be feeling better after my next trip to aspirate again I hope, my appointment is for Tuesday and I’ve asked for a steroid injection this time.

I have a friend who has suffered with Hashimoto’s disease since childhood, her medication makes her feel very bad at times. I hope that yours is somewhat under control. My RA is hereditary too on my mother’s side, I don’t hold it against them. :)

Thank you for asking.

Hey HITO!

I must have racked up a lot of HuffPo Naughty Points then for all the hyphen usage I employed to avoid the censorship over there when I was a regular.

• BigDogMom says:

Wow, that seems a little more personalized than the generic time out e-mail…

• FeloniousMonk says:

Hi HITO: That is precious. Whoever received it. I’ll have to set up a sacrifice account from a remote location sometime and send in a feedback on such things, not in specific, but a general rant. And I’ll give them a “good” e-mail. I feel sad that they force people into such behavior by their acts and then complain because we react to it.

Bunch of fucking morons. I’m thinking that some internet publisher’s father was a colaborator in Greece. She sure acts like she has the genes.

• BigDogMom says:

Hey Mr. Monk, how are you, has DevastationManor imploded? Don’t see it on “My Fans” any more.

Checked today, I seem to have accumulated a lot of unknowns lately, have no idea who they are, can’t keep up anymore!

• FeloniousMonk says:

BDM: I currently have over 3 in active service, but am no longer making them aware to other people, with a few exceptions. And not in public forums. DM is my primary known one, and most people over there know I’m Felonious Monk with that one.

I can very writing styles, but often chose not to.

It’s just a game. As I put it here this afternoon, it’s now just an internet paintball camp over there.

• escribacat says:

I still see DevastationManor on my list. I think they have bugs in their software. The numbers go up and down inexplicably.

• BigDogMom says:

I just can’t keep up with everyone’s new socks. I need to be slapped in the face with a “Don’t you know me” before I figure them out, LOL!

• FeloniousMonk says:

No, it was working a little while ago. Don’t know what happened. Although I did push a few things today.

• HITO says:

As nasty as it was, it was nicer than the one below.

Especially since I emailed him about the situation.

Good night kids.

Night!

• escribacat says:

He sounds just a wee bit hostile.

• KevenSeven says:

He is the asshole who decided to banish KevenSeven.

He is a smug little asshole.

Going back to our discussion on Health Care, I really wonder if the public will be disappointed even if this bill passes since some changes won’t happen for years.

3. KevenSeven says:

Well, we certainly did not all understand the concept, that it was to be a conversation between three people that we would comment on later.

Welcome back to the post, all!

5. SueInCa says:

Hey all, thanks for that lively chat. I have to go for now, but that was fun

6. KarateKid says:

Good evening, everyone. Enjoying your Friday night??

7. SueInCa says:

Wow, this site is getting more and more popular. I am glad to see it and happy to be on a site where I can speak my mind. I noticed tonite that Rameriz was not getting alot of hits on his comments. Sometimes I can go on there and be fine, then other times the silly comments drive me crazy. There is one little bastid on there, leduck, who starts out ok, then he starts hitting on the posters he thinks are women. I try to take it in stride but soon enough I am a nasty little poster again. Sooner or later I will leave for good.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THE WEEKLY PLANET IS ABOUT TO BEGIN! PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO GO THERE: http://planetpov.com/live-events/the-weekly-planet/

9. deygirl says:

I know this is stupid, but it made my day-- I drove up a road yesterday where there were at least 75 elk grazing and laying down. Passed within 15 feet of them and they were so sure they were safe there, they didn’t move away.

10. MissTraci says:

Where’s KevSev?

11. HITO says:

Is Pepe here?

Pepe, I personally invited Rami over here once, twice, maybe three times. No reply at all.

Even posted the wordpress addy.

He is chicken shit, BTW.

12. MissTraci says:

Hello?

13. SeeknDestroy says:

Hey!
    What the putain is going on here?
    ~snark~
    Hello all!

14. PatsyT says:

Best of luck with tonight I will try to check in later……have fun!