AdLib On December - 5 - 2015

Xmas Drinks

It’s that time of year for holiday parties and no one is going to take them away, no one can stop us from wearing funny hats, getting drunk on nog and peeing in an artificial plant’s pot. This weekend’s music thread is about parties, celebrations, good feelings and having a good time!

So lift your cup and toast to the spirit and spirits of the season!

Categories: Music Thread

I don’t know that this would be considered party music, but I just discovered it, and it’s so pretty I couldn’t resist posting it:

Eva Cassidy, “Over the Rainbow”

Beautiful version, kes. Every party I have been to in my life had slow dancing, and I often danced with my sister in London.

May I have this dance? :)

Absolutely!

Wait’ll you hear her version of John Lennon’s “Imagine”!

What a vocalist.

Fantastic!

Make that two dances.

Her name sounds familiar but I can’t remember the name of the song.

I’m so out of the loop, I’d never heard of her until this evening, when someone recommended her, Kalima.

She died in 1996 at the age of only 33. And she’d never really made a name for herself — except locally in the DC area. I think if she’d lived longer she would have been a major star.

A really extraordinary vocalist. I think I’ve listened to about 10 of her songs on YouTube tonight, when I really should have been getting this laundry done! 😀

Hardly surprising, kes. She is from Maryland and was “discovered” in the U.K. Just checked on Google.

The laundry can wait! You are probably fast asleep now, so goodnight.

Good Times -- Chic (1979)

SISTER SLEDGE -- WE ARE FAMILY (1979) OFFICIAL VIDEO

Michael Jackson -- Rock With You

Omar f Angie Stone -- Be Thankful (2004 Music Video)