AdLib On August - 13 - 2015

Trump Tribble

One might suggest that this crop of Republican candidates for President are boldly going where no candidates have gone before. They believe that the wealthy should live long and prosper and when it comes to emulating the offensive and hateful rhetoric of Donald Trump, they seem to have accepted that resistance is futile.

With all of these Star Trek references applying to these Republicans, we became suspicious that they may have a more substantial connection to the Star Trek universe. Thanks to our PlanetPOV Nerd Patrol, we have uncovered that most of the candidates do indeed have Star Trek twins from which they were separated at birth.

See if the following reunions don’t make you shout, “Scotty, beam me up!”

Trump TribbleWalker QuarkFiorina RomulanCruz Baby AlienBush BorgHuckabee Alien PuppetLindsey KeeperChristie Overlooker

1. [img]/revision/latest?cb=20090425224550&path-prefix=en[/img]

[img][/img]

Lizard brains.

Brilliant, KT! I left out some Repubs and classic Star Trek characters, you nailed Perry and The Gorn! Lizard brains indeed…and both look smarter with glasses!

Poor Rick, after being such a smug, entitled ass while ruling over TX, to be in a tailspin already in his Presidential ambitions is so sweet.

Same with Jindal and Lindsey, so nice to see them being stomped! Like they were in a mano a Gorno!

• LOL! Lizard brains indeed! Thanks for this article. Very astute, and quite funny.

How can the GOP, or RNC not see how fricken ridiculous their candidates are? Hopefully a true tailspin is in progress.

We must remember, to our consolation, that the world only spins forward!

2. escribacat says:

😆 Even more hilarious than usual, Adlib. I know all those characters except Overlooker. Balok actually turned out to be kind of sweet, you know. Unlike Cruz. Of course the tribbles were sweet too, and good at ferreting out Klingons. But you can’t deny, Trump does have a tribble living on top of his head.

Hey escribacat, great to see you!

Now, my nerdy Star Trek replies:

The Overlooker was in Star Trek Voyager, a race of deceitful spies. You know, just the opposite of Christie.

Balok was sweet but I thought Cruz having the mind and temperament of a child made it a match.

Tribbles are indeed cute but they would overrun the world if not prevented, just like Trump and his hair.

Thanks so much for the kind words!

3. SueInCa says:

I don’t even know Star Trek, only watched the one with the whales but even I found this hilarious.

Good job, Adlib

Oh my God, AdLib! This is destined to be a classic. There are no words. Perfect!

5. filo says:

Love it Ab but I think I would have gone with Jabba for Christie. Trump was spot on!

[img][/img]

Thanks filo! Jabba’s perfect for Christie but he’s from Star Wars, I was going full Star Trek on these candidates but as slm mentioned, maybe a Star Wars treatment would be a good follow up.

In one word, hilarious! You made my morning, AdLib. Thank you. My favorites are.

😆

Trump as Tribble. (He would kill for that much hair)

Graham as The Keeper. (If the first debate was anything to go by, he didn’t get a chance to say much, so he’s the keeper of unspoken words)

Christie as The Overlooker. (I suppose that could mean looking over his stomach to see if his shoes are polished)

Cheers Kalima!

The trumple with tribbles?

Graham’s also The Keeper of some stylish high heels…which he keeps way in the back of the closet.

You’re more polite than I might be about Christie when it comes to what he can’t Overlook over his belly!

Lol!

Forgot about Lindsey’s red “click your heels three times” shoes. As for what else Christie might not see over his belly, well, I’ve never had to search for one of those. You bad boy!!

7. sillylittleme says: