AdLib On March - 28 - 2015

Groovy
Time to take a break from topically themed music threads and enjoy a weekend stroll through the grooviest songs of the 60’s and 70’s. Join in with whatever songs from that era bring it back to you, songs that were indelibly impressed on your life, songs that bring back fond memories of a culture about love and peace.

And stay groovy!

Categories: Music Thread

The Tracks of My Tears -- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

Michael Jackson -- Rock With You

Marvin Gaye -- Heard It Through The Grapevine (Live at Montreux)

Temptations -- Just My Imagination (Live On My At Harrah’s) Atlantic City

Stevie Wonder -- Living For The City (live 1974) HQ 0815007

War -- Edwin Starr (Original Vinyl)

Diana Ross Touch Me In The Morning

Cleveland, Ohio’s golden boy, Scott Engel/Walker

scott walker. montague terrace in blue / my death

2. Fergie1 says:

From the County and Country of my birth!

• Aquarius 1027 says:

Hi, Fergie -- Beautiful song! I had to look up this group, so you are Irish!! May I ask how long you lived there? Thanks for sharing this groovy group! :)

• Fergie1 says:

Hi Aquarius! Many thanks, so glad you enjoyed. Yep, I’m Irish! Left Dublin age 10, went to Buffalo, flew back and forth to Surrey and Oxford, England for Boarding school (family tradition!).In 1964 we moved to San Francisco. Went to College in SF and worked for UA after graduation in 1968.
        Then UA asked me to transfer to Sydney in 1978! Planned on staying 2 years, met my DH ( also Irish!), and moved to Melbourne in 2005. Miss the States like heck! I have no “connection” to Australia and we can’t wait to leave!

May I ask what part of US you are in?

3. Fergie1 says:

My Simon and Garfunkel LPs were worn out!

4. And with this, ladies and gentleman, I bid you good night! May you stay forever young!

• Fergie1 says:

Very nice KT. And a very good night to you!
      Btw, you do know that I’m not actually an Aussie (shudder!). I just live here for the present.