KillgoreTrout On November - 15 - 2014

Hey folks! This weekend’s thread is all about animals. Since critters of all types can be so much like people at times, they have been used in songs and poems as metaphors for human behavior. They really can act like people sometimes, and sometimes, much better.

Post songs that feature animals of all sorts in the titles and/or lyrics. There are many to choose from. So, think of some of your favorites and have some fun.

Categories: Music Thread

Written by KillgoreTrout

Once a wander, working vagabond, fellow traveler on this 3rd stone from the sun. Hurtling through space and time. Lover of books (especially the classics), all kinds of books from novels, poetry, essay collections, fiction and nonfiction and a big Kurt Vonnegut fan. I am a secular humanist and technically an atheist.....Taoist.

1. Aquarius 1027 says:

Cat’s in the Cradle -- Harry Chaplin

2. Nirek says:

Crabs walk sideways and lobsters walk straight…

3. Nirek says:

This song is for our fallen soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines. It has nothing to do with our theme today, but everything to do with remembering our veterans.

I hope you will all listen to the 24 notes in memory of the fallen.

• foodchain says:

NIrek, It’s always so powerful and makes my mind slow down and listen and think and fell.
      My family fell to Stalin, not as veterans but as victims and my mother would never have been able to come here to start a new life (me in tow) without the very brave men and women in our military. As she left Estonia, she and her two sisters became DPs in Germany and American military presence helped her find freedom to come here and start a new life. Veterans not only preserve freedom they share it.

• Nirek says:

FC, my Dad spent all of WWII in Europe. He taught me so much about our history. I’m glad your Mom and you found your way to the USA.

I think of my Dad every time I hear Taps.

4. Nirek says: