MurphTheSurf3 On July - 30 - 2014

Palin Cheap

Sarah Palin Launches Subscription-Based Online Video Channel. With expenses outstripping fundraising the newest venture continues her crusade to live well off of the anger and anxiety of others.

The former Republican Alaskan half-term-governor-turned-VP-candidate-turned-Tea-Party-Pundit-turned-real­ity-TV-star-and-Fox-News contributor trotted out  the Sarah Palin Channel this Sunday evening on her Facebook page.

“Tired of media filters? Well, so am I. So, let’s go rogue together and launch our own member-supported channel! This will be OUR channel, for you and for me, and we’ll all get to call it like it is.”

According to Variety, Palin’s newest con will be offered with the help of TAPP, the online-video venture formed by former NBCUniversal chairman Jeff Gaspin and former CNN U.S. president Jon Klein.

“I want to talk directly to you on our channel, on my terms, and no need to please the powers that be. Together we’ll go beyond the sound bites and cut through the media’s politically-correct filter.”

Subscriptions will reportedly cost $9.95 per month, or $99.95 for a one-year plan. Content for the channel will largely be based on Palin’s speeches, commentary, Q&A sessions, and other curated items. There will be features about her family and their “adventures” in the “great outdoors.”

The channel’s website gives some “sample” videos of what users can expect (old footage drawn from previous appearances): One shows Palin answering user questions on “Obama’s addiction,” another is the former governor talking about not fearing the dreaded “i-word” (impeachment), and another is her 30+ minute speech before the 2014 Western Conservative Summit.

“Together, we’ll go beyond the sound bites and cut through the media’s politically correct filter and things like Washington, D.C.’s crony capitalism….We’ll talk about the issues that the mainstream media won’t talk about and we’ll look at the ideas that I think Washington doesn’t want you to hear.”

OH! And just to make sure you get the underlying theme of this new effort, the channel’s home page features a national debt ticker, and a countdown clock to President Barack Obama’s last day in office.

Palin’s website exists as a fundraising tool for herself, her family, and her staff who are paid by the site despite its avowed intention to support conservative candidates.

Per Sarah Pac at Open Secrets SARAH PAC Reported the following for January 1 through Decemeber 31, 2013.

Total Receipts: $1, 177, 802
Total Spent: $1, 210, 057
Begin Cash on Hand: $1, 149, 939
End Cash on Hand: $1,117, 684

Were did the money go?
Unclassifiable: $105,000.
Fundraising: $202,800.
Administrative: $52,700.
Media: $6,500.
Strategy and Research: $33,800.
All other: $679.
Candidates: $5,000.

SarahPac claims that its purpose is to “Formed in January 2009, SarahPAC is a federally registered political action committee (PAC) dedicated to building America’s future by supporting fresh ideas and candidates who share our vision for reform and innovation.” http://www.sarahpac.com/…

Palin’s fundraising at the site has declined steadily.
Her 2012 report shows revenue of more than $5 million.

For More Info or to Subscribe (gag!) go to https://sarahpalinchannel.com/

Crossposted at Daily Kos: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/28/1317233/-AT-LAST-The-Sarah-Palin-Channel-you-betcha

Written by MurphTheSurf3

Proud to be an Independent Progressive. I am a progressive- a one time Eisenhower Republican who is now a Democrat. I live in a very RED STATE and am a community activist with a very BLUE AGENDA. Historian, and "Gentleman Farmer."

1. jjgravitas says:

With the Sarah Palin Channel, the GOP information loop gets smaller and smaller, and further and further from reality. If it continues in this direction and I expect it will, GOP media will progress to 3am infomercials. FOX News may not go away, but its already famous for being a load of crap so I don’t care.

2. Harleigh says:

Never give a sucker an even break! In 2009 The Koch brothers through Dick Armey and his Freedumbwerks front created the Astro-turf Teabaggers. I’ve concluded that all Teabaggers are Koch’s suckers in an Army of Dick’s.

‘Teabagger’ was the term the Koch brothers originally named the people conned into thinking they were joining a grassroots movement to ‘save Merika’. They bankrolled Dick Armey and his Freedumbwerks front to found and fund the astro-turf group in 2009 telling low information people it was a ‘grassroots’ movement through Faux. These people even stapled teabags to their own hats! They have been trying to change their name since late 2009 to the ‘Tea Party’ after they realized what the slang meaning of Teabagger meant to most non faux viewers. I am not aware of any racial connotations in the term Teabagger in and of itself, though it has been widely noted that most klanners and neo-n@zi’s are teabaggers. Hope that this helps but baggers are not too bright and carry badly spelled signs against themselves while riding their socialist funded medicaid/medicare scooters and oxygen tanks also too.

3. Harleigh says:

Palin-Bachmann 2016 fer jebus! glory! Y’all come git yer screech on ya hear? LOL I started posting that 12/07 on HP, 4 identities ago!

4. monicaangela says:

@KT,

I agree with your version of what Palin and the Tea Party are all about. :)

5. monicaangela says:

@AdLib,

Thanks for confirming my belief. I do agree that Palin is creating something that could amount to a mindless regurgitation of misinformation for those who would listen. For the rest of us, she is a joke, a detriment to the country and should be treated as such. Reverence or disclaimers or any other such effort to give anyone an impression that somehow someone was trying to make her less intelligent in this nation is ridiculous. Her blatant attempts at trying to make a living using the political system of this country, her family, and any other tactic she can think of to make money without working deserves no respect from me so, I for one don’t intend to go out of my way to provide a disclaimer unless “I” feel it is warranted, as you can see, in this case I don’t believe it was.

6. monicaangela says:

@MurphtheSurf,

monicaangela says:
    08/01/2014 at 6:38 AM
    No disclaimer is needed, the content is the same whether slowed down or sped up, those are her words.

MurphTheSurf3 says:
    08/01/2014 at 11:27 AM
    I respectfully disagree.The presence of the headline, and of the CBS Evening News Logo is misleading. Since the video is not a part of an acknowledge satiric platform (like Colbert, for example), I tend to be cautious in matters like this.

So because you tend to be cautious, everybody else on this site has to do what you do? Is that it? Don’t you think that is a bit autocratic on your part?

I have read your opinion, your opinion is not my opinion so I suggest we agree to disagree and move on.

7. And then there is this priceless gem!

• monicaangela says:

Wow, they are really getting touchy about Palin videos arent’ they. It appears you have to watch this on Youtube…playback is prohibited on other sites by the owner…very interesting. :)

8. From the great film “Game Change.”

• MurphTheSurf3 says:

Which was taken from the equally great book of the same name. McCain would have placed this ignorant and arrogant woman within one heart attack of the Oval Office. I think it is true that McCain was convinced by his staff that she was a diamond on the rough, a quick learner, and a hard worker. None of this was true and when he learned differently he should have jettisoned her. In not doing so, he made a mockery of hi campaign slogan: Country First. Nope. ME First.

• Even Steve Schmidt, McCain’s campaign manager said the film was very accurate. He said he thought highly of Palin in the very beginning, but soon began to realize what a colossal mistake he and McCain had made by picking her as McCain’s running mate.

Much to their dismay, they began to see what a psycho she really was.

9. Monica, I have to reply up here. The real reason Gramps picked SP was that he thought all the women Hillary voters would suddenly turn republican and vote for Palin because she was a female. That really shows his ignorance of women. I also blame his campaign manager. What idiotic reasoning. It shows how little the McCain team thought about the American voters at large. “Oh, they just want a woman on the ticket, so let’s go with Palin.” What a senile old fool McCain was/is.

• monicaangela says:

You betcha KT, I’m still trying to figure out which of the two on that team was the least intelligent…wait, let me change that to which of the two on that team was the dumbest. Dumb and Dumber, that should have been the title they used for that pair. :)

10. monicaangela says:

Sarah strikes again:

:) :) :) 😉

And again:

And again:

And again:

Okay, that’s all folks!!!!! Take it away Murph….

• MurphTheSurf3 says:

Each of your examples underlines my oft-repeated point:

McCain would have placed this ignorant and arrogant woman within one heart attack of the Oval Office. I think it is true that McCain was convinced by his staff that she was a diamond on the rough, a quick learner, and a hard worker. None of this was true and when he learned differently he should have jettisoned her. In not doing so, he made a mockery of hi campaign slogan: Country First. Nope. He made it clear that it was “ME First”.

• Manna from heaven for comedians everywhere. 😎

11. Beatlex says:

Sarah is ripe for mocking,it is what the right deserves.Arguing with them is fruitless.

There’s something about Sarah that just invites creative nicknames. I thought the best one was “The Tundra Twunt” — until I read the most recent one: “The Great Whore of Babble-On. Now on Channel 666.”

13. GreenChica says:

I’m no math expert but those numbers under “Where did the money go” don’t add up to the receipts.

14. Miles Long says:

BTW: Stephen Colbert registered the domain thesarahpalinchannel.com for all sorts of future mischief…

Miles “Stay Tuned” Long