AdLib On October - 31 - 2013

Boehner- Headless Horseman1

A Happy Halloween to all our Planeteers and everyone out there! To celebrate this festive holiday of people trying to scare others into giving them something sweet that they have, we can’t help but dedicate this holiday to our favorite blood suckers and zombies, the GOP. Submitted for your approval, a Republican Halloween song to haunt your funny bone:

The Shutdown Crash
(To the tune of “Monster Mash”)

I was working in The House late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For my Boehner from his (tanning) slab began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise

He did the crash
He did the Shutdown Crash
The Shutdown Crash
It was a GOP smash
He did the crash
Their polls dropped in a flash
He did the crash
He did the Shutdown Crash

From the Tea Bagger’s trailer by the castle east
To the master bedroom where the Koch Brothers feast
The GOP all came from their pricey boats
To get a jolt from the public’s votes

They did the crash
They did the Shutdown Crash
The Shutdown Crash
It was a GOP smash
They did the crash
Their polls dropped in a flash
They did the crash
They did the Shutdown Crash

The zombies were acting stunned
The pounding had just begun
The gasps included Wall Street
Rupert M. and his Sun

The House was rockin’, all digging deep ground
Bachmann on chains, backed by her baying hounds
The coffined baggers were about to arrive
With their vocal group, “The Shit-Kicker Five”

They did the crash
They did the Shutdown Crash
The Shutdown Crash
It was a GOP smash
They did the crash
Their polls dropped in a flash
They did the crash
They did the Shutdown Crash

And as a final treat (not a trick) for folks on this Halloween, a Halloween song dedicated to the Republicans in The House and their fate in 2014:

They’re Coming to Take Me Away – Napoleon XIV

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

1. fjb says:

The Shutdown Crash; Superb!

Plagiarism allowed?

2. choicelady says:

LOVE it, AdLib. Just one question -- how many times did you have to listen to the original to get your rhythm? It’s right on the money! VERY singable, and I will be humming it night and day. PERFECT.

Now -- to get it viral and to the people who ARE doing the Shutdown Crash! Hope it makes ’em squirm.

Nahhh -- but it does make us laugh, and that’s the best recipe for their ultimate demise! Thank you!

3. Elvira’s Movie Macabre: Sarah Impalin’

4. jjgravitas says:

If only we could count on the Green Arrow to even things up (“Ted Cruz, you have failed this country”).

jj, I think we’d need most of the Justice League to take them down. After all, on their side they have two Lex Luthors (The Koch Brothers), Darkseid (Jim DeMint) and The Joker (Ted Cruz). Fortunately, on our side, we have…

[img][/img]

5. SueInCa says:

Bravo, Bravo Splendid song for the baggers. Love it Adlib

Thanks so much, Sue! And a Happy Halloween to you (what are you dressing up as???).

• SueInCa says:

Me? Boy George, actually nothing. The one time I did for work, it was Boy George and I won lol

Hope you and yours have a good holiday.

Very cool, Sue! Boy George would still be a fun costume today. We saw a guy in his 20’s in a funny Richard Simmons costume tonight, that’s pretty funny.

I went as The Republican House tonight, it was a simple costume, I just wore a diaper and kept punching myself in the face.

Hahaha! Laugh out loud funny! Thanks so much, AdLib.

And here’s a small additional contribution. This is what Halloween looks like at Paul Ryan’s house:

[img][/img]

Heh! Perfect, Kes! Now however, kids have all the permission they need to TP his house!

Happy Halloween!

And I sincerely hope they do. Little Eddie Munster Ryan so totally deserves it. And they should throw a few eggs while they’re at it, too!

If anyone still has any eggs to throw, after his food stamp cuts.

:-(

Hope LittleLib had a great Halloween!

EDIT: Oh, and I meant to add that I love the graphic, too!

Kes, I thought Ryan was the rotten egg?

Thanks for thinking of her, Little Lib was Supergirl and needed her super strength to lift the boulder-sized bag of candy she gathered tonight.

BTW, speaking of Eddie Munster, remember this graphic from last year?

[img][/img]

Absolutely brilliant AdLib! Bravo!!

Said while wiping milk tea off my iPod screen. :)

Happy Halloween to you and yours too. Cheers!

8. Nirek says:

Off to the funny farm with them.