KillgoreTrout On September - 21 - 2013

With the recent passing of a true friend and genuine progressive who gave us all so much, that sad event made me think of how short our time here is. In the scope of all that exists, we are here but for a moment. Let us cherish such moments. Let us cherish such friends. Those that love others, through their interactions, give reality to high ideals.

Please post your favorite songs about love, friendship and the sweet memories that result. Love IS all we need.

Rolling Stones-Waiting On A Friend

Harry Nilsson – Best Friend

Beatles – Love is all you need

“You’ve got a Friend” By: James Taylor

Categories: Music, Music Thread

Written by KillgoreTrout

Once a wander, working vagabond, fellow traveler on this 3rd stone from the sun. Hurtling through space and time. Lover of books (especially the classics), all kinds of books from novels, poetry, essay collections, fiction and nonfiction and a big Kurt Vonnegut fan. I am a secular humanist and technically an atheist.....Taoist.

1. Sabreen60 says:

“Oldies/Doo Wop” FOREVER 😀

Over the Mountain -- Johnnie & Joe (1957)

2. Sabreen60 says:

Way Over There -- Smokey Robinson & the Miracles

3. Grateful Dead -- Friend of The Devil

The last music video posted here by KQ, and his comment.

—-

“This always puts a smile on my face”.

Seattle Men’s Chorus — “Every Sperm is Sacred”

5. Not music, but very well worth seeing.

6. A Whiter Shade Of Pale -- Procol Harum

7. Paul Simon -- You Can Call Me Al

8. Creedence Clearwater Revival: Lookin’ Out My Back Door

9. Ricky Nelson -- Garden Party

That’s what Friends are for-Dionne Warwick

• What a wonderful group of very talented people. What a great pick. It fits so well, Kalima. Thank you for contributing.

My pleasure KT. Yes a great group of artists.

• I’m a minor poet, and I love the arts. Creation is what we are all about. That creation also includes science, which I know that KQ was all about. I think he saw the world as it is, and as it could be. Science is what guides us forward. Spirituality is what keeps us on the path.

One thing I loved about him is that he never put anyone down for their beliefs, unless of course it was the extremists. I found this side of him very admirable, and appreciated it in our friendship. Not once did I ever have to defend my faith to him.

“Where does life go”?

If I knew that I would own the keys to the universe, KT, but I do believe that death isn’t the end of us, just a new beginning of another journey.

Peace.

• Kalima, you knew him better, and I have no doubt that what you see and feel about KQ is perfectly correct.

Where does life go?

11. Carole King -- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?