KillgoreTrout On June - 8 - 2013

I thought that this weekend’s music thread should be sort of a do it yourself venture. Choose your own theme and the music that fits your theme the best. I must admit I’m a bit stumped as to what this week’s theme should be, so I hope you will choose your own and add to the fun. My choices will be pretty eclectic and probably vary between several types of music and artists. Anyway, the goal here is to just have fun and post your favorites.

Little Richard – Good Golly Miss Molly

JEFF BECK & BRIAN SETZER.-“TWENTY FLIGHT ROCK”

Jerry Lee Lewis – Whole Lotta Shakin’ Going On

Chuck Berry – Johnny B. Goode

Buddy Holly – That’ll Be The Day

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq9FCBatl3A

Written by KillgoreTrout

Once a wander, working vagabond, fellow traveler on this 3rd stone from the sun. Hurtling through space and time. Lover of books (especially the classics), all kinds of books from novels, poetry, essay collections, fiction and nonfiction and a big Kurt Vonnegut fan. I am a secular humanist and technically an atheist.....Taoist.

1. PatsyT says:

We WON !!!!

2. PatsyT says:

Bye Bye San Onofre!!

Original Song by Tom English & Chris Blanchard
    Tom English -- Lyrics, Music, Vocals
    Chris Blandchard -- Music, Guitar

3. Jeff Beck and the Imelda May Band Walking in the Sand

I know I have posted this several times in the past, but I have to say that I just love it. Jeff’s mastery on the guitar, and Imelda’s soulful and powerful voice. Wow!

4. Queen -- We Are The Champions

Dedicated to Patsy and all those other champions that helped close down a poison factory for good! Very well done. Great conviction!

• PatsyT says:

Many Many Thanks KT !! So many of you guys here at the Planet helped a great deal by Re Tweeting!
      and Sharing and Signing Petitions and Voting on Polls!

On this link is a video of our press conference,
      I could not be at this one, but these are some the activists that I worked with.
      These people are just the tip of the iceberg, there are so many more from all over Southern California and the country for that matter.
      Some of our folks here worked around the clock, sacrificed their own jobs or business to stay on this.
      It was truly a David and Goliath epic battle ! Edison had teams of high priced lawers and PR people galore.
      But we had facts and PEOPLE!

5. Hope You’re Feeling Better ~ Santana

Dedicate to kes, with the hopes her recovery is coming along nicely.

6. Edie Brickell & New Bohemians -- What I Am

7. Paula Cole-Where have all the cowboys gone

8. The Eagles -- Hotel California

9. foodchain says:

Chet Baker, “Alone Together”

10. foodchain says:

Another try ; the harmonics are nice on this: “You Are the Only One I love”

11. foodchain says:

Another I’m in the car singing out loud:

JayMay, “Grey or Blue”

12. glenn says:

Okay, fellow planeteers. I just thought of a song that would be appropriate for Patsy T this week. It’s sung to the tune of High Hopes. Patsy, my apologies for calling you “old”, but it’s part of the song, and I hope you have neices and/or nephews. Here goes:

Next time you’re found, with your chin on the ground
    There a lot to be learned, so look around

Just what makes that little old aunt
    Think she’ll close that nuclear plant
    Anyone knows an aunt, can’t
    Close a nuclear plant

But we’ve got Paaatsy
    We’ve got Paaatsy
    She’s got high pol-it--i-cal saaavy

So any time you’re gettin low
    ‘Stead of lettin go
    Just remember that aunt
    Oops there goes another nuclear plant -kerplop
    Oops, there goes another nuclear plant -kerplop
    Oops, there goes another nuclear plant -kerplop
    Kerplop!

(This is what happens when you have too much time on your hands.)

• PatsyT says:

Oh My Goodness ! I am SOOooo honored!
      I must share that. May I?
      I do have nieces and nephews and some of them live here in California!
      Also Three Girls and the most important -- Three Doggies!

• glenn says:

Patsy--I’m so happy you liked it--glad to hear it was “accurate”--at least the “aunt” part. Of course you can share it--it’s YOUR song!

I am sure your hard work and success in helping to get that plant closed was because you have three girls, three doggies, and nieces and nephews. You have made their future a little safer. Kudos!

• foodchain says:

Glenn, it’s a great tribute to have someone take time to acknowledge and honor another: well done!

• Pretty clever glenn. 😉

13. foodchain says:

some good tunes from the Avett Brothers my kids keep me up to date. I like these guys a LOT.
    Laundry Room: