KillgoreTrout On March - 23 - 2013

This weekend’s music thread is dedicated to love. Love is what holds this old world together. There are all sorts of love, but when all is said and done, love is what we all need.

So post your favorite love songs, romantic love songs, parental love songs, in the mood love songs, and songs about
love between friends, or even songs about the love between people and their pets. Pick the ones you enjoy the most, or just give a listen to those picked by others.

Oh Girl – The Chi-Lites

The Beatles – And I Love Her

These Arms Of Mine Otis Redding

Frankie Valli – Can’t Take My Eyes Off You

Cassandra Wilson: Love Is Blindness

The Beatles All You Need Is Love

Written by KillgoreTrout

Once a wander, working vagabond, fellow traveler on this 3rd stone from the sun. Hurtling through space and time. Lover of books (especially the classics), all kinds of books from novels, poetry, essay collections, fiction and nonfiction and a big Kurt Vonnegut fan. I am a secular humanist and technically an atheist.....Taoist.

1. SallyT says:

Don’t let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, known as Camelot.

Kennedy Camelot tribute

President Kennedy -- Camelot

2. SallyT says:

“Camelot”, If Ever I Would Leave You

3. SallyT says:

Lady & the Tramp -- The Kiss Scene

4. Led Zeppelin Since I’ve Been Loving You

5. Like the way I do -- Melissa Etheridge

6. SallyT says:

COME MONDAY -- Tales From Margaritavision Jimmy Buffett

7. Jenuwin says:

Jeffrey Gaines performs one of Peter Gabriel’s best…

8. SallyT says:

And, I can’t leave Mom out. Patsy was her favorite. This is a love song and I always hear it as a mother singing to her child. Listen to the words and you will hear it that way, too. And, to this day and this minute, it brings tears down my cheeks.

Patsy Cline -- Always

• Sally, there is no denying what you feel. I lost touch with my daughter when she was just three. My wife and I saw life in very different ways. I was out of my daughter’s life for fifteen years. The pain that that brought was immesurable.
      i am extremely lucky that she looked for me and found me. Today we have a relationship that is without equal. We are loving friends and
      and father and daughter. It is difficult to explain. It was love lost and love found, with many troubled years in between.

9. SallyT says:

Okay, sorry but I can’t think of my dad and not hear him singing this when he and I would be out riding together. I wish I could hear him now but Gene Autry is as close as I can get. Miss you everyday, Dad!

You Are My Sunshine —- Gene Autry

10. Led Zeppelin- Whole Lotta Love

11. SallyT says:

KT, I use to sing this to my horse, Tom, all the time. He was the only one that liked my singing. Watch as she sings how the horse bends his ears back. She is really singing and that is how he listens. Tom did that, too.
    (This was one of my favorite movies when I was a young girl, Calamity Jane. In an interview I hear Doris Day say it was her favorite movie, too. And, my dad bought me a leather jacket like that with the fringe. Still have it.)

Doris Day Secret Love 1953

• Very nice Sally. There were several wonderful ladies that portrayed a certain quality that has been, sadly lost. Dorris Day and others portrayed the ideal woman. I remember her movies with Rock Hudson. It’s sad that today’s “ideal woman,” is representive by women like the Kardasians. Like infants like Paris Hilton and others, who have no talent, but are hoisted to stardom by name only.
      There were so many very talented ladies in the last few decades, that today’s examples from Disney are a mockery of true artistic expression.

12. Harry Nilsson -- Makin’ Whoopee