AdLib On November - 6 - 2012

I bet you thought this day would never come…but it has! Welcome to Election Day 2012!

Today we will host a live chat beginning at 4:00 pm PST while this post serves as an open thread for Election Day discussion. To watch or participate in the Live Chat, you can go to the full Live Chat page located here or you can use the Live Chat widget that appears in the right column on every page (the widget will be added close to the 4:00 pm starting time so you may need to refresh the page to view it).

It should be a good day for President Obama supporters and there’s no better community or place to share the developments and results than PlanetPOV. Hope to see you here!

Professional douche and MSNBC pundit Mark Halperin, whose punditry about who would win the election was proven totally wrong (but of course pundits never have to pay a price for being wrong) has shared this brilliant takeaway from the election.

What the Republican Party needs now is to run another George W. Bush.

For those who don’t think MSNBC is a home for hacks (alongside a few decent pundits), here is absolute proof.

• I love it all the narratives are being proven wrong. These Nostradumbarses like Halprin have been discredited yet they have the gall to make MORE stupid predictions.

I wish there was some kind of batting average we could tag onto pundits and popularize, proving just what frauds and fools they are. Halperin is a total douche, always slanted to the right and typically just absolutely wrong. And yet, he’s a popular guest at MSNBC. This guy who as a journalist, called the President of the US an “asshole”, this is who MSNBC holds up as an insightful voice of wisdom?

2. Nirek says:

Thank goodness sanity prevailed!

3. glenn says:

YAY! Time for republicans/tpartiers to admit defeat and start working FOR America again!

4. 2belinda says:

We continue our forward motion -- thank you one and all. (Whew)

5. Van Morrison--It’s all Over Now Baby Blue;

Dedicated to mitt Romney! It’s all over now Mittens!

Well done America, congratulations! One very happy Tokyo resident here. I’m over the moon. Four more years!!

7. Weirdwriter says:

Hola, amigos y amigas,

Had to pop in on this night that to call “momentous” is an understatement.

I have confidence President Obama will be re-elected, but fear some unknown skullduggery.

8. glenn says:

Read this yesterday in the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

“In Woodstock, Ga., about 30 miles north of Atlanta, the president of a homeowners’ association sent an e-mail on Sunday informing residents that the entrance gates would be closed 24 hours a day beginning at 6 p.m. Tuesday, out of concern over possible civil unrest after the election.

“I feel it is better to take a position of caution to enhance controlled access to the community until we see what (if any) negative repercussions may occur because of the results of the election,” wrote Bill Stanley, the president of the homeowners’ association at the Cottages of Woodstock, a residential community for people 55 and over.”

I live in Woodstock, GA, though thankfully, not in this community.

And, of course, I voted for President Obama. This is my first presidential election in GA. I couldn’t vote a straight Democratic ticket because there is no such thing here. First time in all of the years I have been voting that I have seen such a thing. All of the congressional and state races (except two) had republicans running unopposed. Because on principle, I refuse to vote for any republican, I left those spots blank.

Cheers fellow Dems!

9. lalalu says:

Hello everyone. I am so busy because we just got power back on today. Just wanted to come in and say hello and it seems we are doing well. PA was just called for President Obama.

You can watch on C-Span Live here. http://www.c-span.org/Election/

Many Dems are winning House seats races by a huge margins.

President Obama will win Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts and Rhode Island; Mitt Romney will win Oklahoma and South Carolina, CNN projects.

12. MurphTheSurf3 says:

Posting from the McCasskill HQ in my little county. We had lots of voters but no huge lines….4 incidents at polling places involving zealots from the right…all handled by well trained volunteers. We are 6 minutes from closing and then the reporting process begins.

With polls closing in more eastern states, CNN projects that Mitt Romney will win West Virginia’s 5 electoral votes, and Indiana’s 11 electoral votes.

Sponsors