AdLib On June - 2 - 2012

With what’s going on in the world, our nation and our lives, we can sometimes get discouraged and disappointed but the best way to dispel the darkness is with light.

This weekend’s theme is about sending love out to those we care about, those who are going through difficult times, those we don’t see enough and those who really matter to us.

So let others out there know you’re thinking about them and share a little love.

Send Your Love – Sting

Don’t Give Up – Peter Gabriel

All You Need is Love – The Beatles

I’ll Be There For You – Bon Jovi

What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong

You’re My Best Friend – Queen

If You Want to Sing Out – Cat Stevens

Categories: Music Thread

• choicelady says:

Wow -- GirlOutWest I know only two people other than the two of us who ever heard of Jimmy Spheris and Isle of View! It is my absolutely favorite album, and had he lived, he’d have been a major part of our music history. Thanks for posting this -- I drag it up from YouTube now and then since my turntable is temporarily unavailable. Yes, I still have the vinyl. Nice to know someone else loves the album and that amazing songwriter.

• GirlOutWest says:

When I was young I worked at a music store. I was so lucky to get to listen all day to great music like Jimmy Spheeris! My first true love was in to music as well so we had some fabulous LP’s.

When I moved to Colorado, got married and CD’s came out I got rid of ALL my albums (I know, what the heck was I thinking…must’ve have 3 or 4 hundred). Didn’t even sell them just gave them away. My husband was in to the new technology and wanted to have the room they took up. He’s lucky I love him so much or he’d be in big trouble:-) Of course as I got older I realized the stupid thing I’d done but what’s done is done and I was able to order the Isle of View, the Original Tap Dancing Kid and The Dragon is Dancing on CD.
        I’ve been listening to Shawn Phillips and Kenny Rankin’s “Like a Seed” lately. Case of nostalgia or just really great music?! I think the latter!
        So nice to hear from someone who appreciates the great songs of Jimmie Sheeris!!

1. SallyT says:

I got very drunk one night at a club that Charlie Rich was playing at. He actually said: “This is for that young (I was then) lady over there who is having a good time.” Gee, now that I listen to this, was he telling me to get lost???? Oh well, he did sing it beautifully.

Charlie Rich Hey Have You Happen To See The Most Beautiful Girl

2. Kenny Rankin--Lost Up In Loving You;

• GirlOutWest says:

I’ve been listening to Kenny Rankin’s “Like a Seed” in my car all week. I think he was one of the best…ever. From the same era I really like Jimmie Spheeris and Shawn Phillips. I know that I date myself but these three men made some beautiful music.

3. Chicago--Color My World;

Try a Little Tenderness -- Otis Redding

Give a Little Bit -- Supertramp

Wish You Were Here -- Pink Floyd

5. Golden Earring--Radar Love;

6. SueInCa says:

All My Exes
    George Strait

Always On My Mind
    Willie Nelson

7. SueInCa says:

And this one is for my grandson who asked me today on the way home if I had any radio stations that played music from this century. Yes he was once a cute little 4 year old who fell asleep to Simon and Garfunkel

One Step at a Time
    Jordan Sparks

8. SueInCa says:

Heard It In A Love Song
    Marshall Tucker Band

Evergreen
    Barbara Streisand

9. Jefferson Starship--Miracles;

• SueInCa says:

KT
      I think Marty Balin probably has one of most soothing voices in rock. When I hear it I just relax completely. I was at this concert in 1982 at the Concord Pavillion

Here is the studio version. I was shocked to find the concert on youtube. That was a long time ago and we sat on the grass. Now we sit in seats :-)
      Hearts
      Marty Balin

10. Eric Clapton--Wonderful Tonight;

11. SallyT says:

This I dedicate to all of you here on the Planet, as “those that really matter”!

Thanks For The Memories Ella Fitzgerald

12. SallyT says:

When I found this one on YouTube it has had 12,681,341 hits!

Barbara Streisand The Way We Were