AdLib On April - 29 - 2012

After enduring the endless, mind-numbing onslaught of the GOP primary and the MSM punditry on tv, it’s a good time to take a break from the unintentionally ridiculous and get a few laughs from the intentionally ridiculous. So this week’s thread is actually about tv comedy past and present, your favorite clips from the tv shows that make you laugh.

Might as well begin with just another day at The Office:

The Office

Keeping Up Appearances: The New Vicar 1.2

Monty Python -- Silly Olympics

Seinfeld

Absolutely Fabulous

Fawlty Towers

• AlphaBitch says:

I simply loved “The Naked Truth” with Tea Leoni -- one of the most underrated brilliant comedies. Here are various portions that make up the pilot:

A shorter one (3 minutes) with Tom Hanks. Nora is trying to get a job as a respectable journalist…..

• SueInCa says:

Ab
      I never saw that sitcom but it was hilarious. I only ever saw Tia in the movie about the meteor

• AlphaBitch says:

Sue: She is a true comedic genius. That show was one of my favorites, and I would buy the whole damn series, if it was out on DVD. The first year was by far the funniest -- I love how she got the photo of Anna Nicole in her OB/GYN office!

My favorite TV series that never made DVDs are The Naked Truth, The Chris Isaak Show and Aliens in America. All three were brilliant. Of course, I would have paid PBS (for whom I work) bucks -- like $500 -- for the series “I’ll Fly Away” -- but only for the whole shebang, which NBC (Warren LIttlefield is an idiot) first aired then cancelled. Eejits.

• Sarah Pardons A Thanksgiving Turkey;

• SueInCa says:

Amazing how she never answers a question. That makes it and her followers hilarious alone

• I was never a big fan of The Office in the UK or America. It just reminded me too much of work. But the movie Office Space was absolutely brilliant.

Who never wanted to do this to a piece of office equipment they hated?

Original

Hilarious homage.

• The ‘Is it local?’ chicken scene from Portlandia was just hilarious. Actually the comedy style they use is very similar to British comedy on Portlandia. You know not just dealing out punchlines but setting up a hilarious situation and playing it straight.

Portlandia -- ‘Is it local?’ chicken scene.

• Leave your Comment