AdLib On April - 9 - 2012

I know what you’re thinking, gravity is free so why should I have to pay for it? Good question but hey, botulism is free and people fifty years ago would have laughed if you told them that their kids would be paying to have it injected into their foreheads.

Okay, maybe that wasn’t the best comparison.

PlanetPOV has established itself in an orbit around real and honest debate and discussions of the issues out there that really matter and affect us all. Our gravity comes from our members who bring real substance, thought and perspective to what’s happening in the world around us. The Planet is a place where freedom of expression is highly valued, a place where every member is respected and can publish articles, a place for real people with real opinions.

Though we have tried to pay our expenses with valuable insights, humor and even mur, we always end up having to pay in cash.

PlanetPOV is member supported, we have chosen not to take advertising from the usual sources that could promote people, corporations  and products which conflict with the principles of our site and its members. So, we depend on you, our fellow members and readers, to help us cover the costs of keeping The Planet spinning.

Gravity is what it’s all about. Over the past two and a half years that PlanetPOV has been in orbit, our members have given The Planet an increasing amount of gravity around the blogosphere and in the lives of tens of thousands of members and readers each month. Our posts, comments and tweets are read in over 100 countries so we truly do speak to The Planet.

And part of what keeps PlanetPOV vital is the growth of our membership, adding new voices and perspectives adds a greater dynamism to our discussions and debates.

So, we’re inviting all members and readers to contribute at this time in two ways to increase and enhance the gravity of The Planet (and all clever allegories aside, help us pay our bills). First, we invite you to make a contribution or subscribe and next we encourage you to reach out to other friends, families and fellow bloggers on other sites to join the discussions and community here at PlanetPOV.

For those who make a single donation of $60 or more or subscribe at $5 a month, you’ll receive a special thank you gift from PlanetPOV, your choice of the following:

Gift A                             Gift B

Gift C

button

bumper

bumper2

To make a one time contribution, please click the button below:

To subscribe, please click the button below:

(BTW, gifts for Subscribers will be delivered after being subscribed for six months)

Also, we appreciate any efforts you could make to reach out to others to join us here for the kind of clever, informed and witty conversations you can’t find at many blogs around the internet.

On behalf of all the Admins here at PlanetPOV, thank you for all the support you’ve given to The Planet along the way and thanks for your consideration of supporting us now in our current Donation and Membership Drive.

Categories: PlanetPOV

1. SallyT says:

Gee, I was a few days ahead of the campaign but I have no problem giving again. Sorry I can’t give more because I get so much from all of you!

• foodchain says:

I agree Sally. “Priceless!” I’ve been out of pocket but I’ve stayed on line glimpsing and even then, it’s a great value. Keep thinking and talking everyone!

2. Caru says:

Just gave a small donation. Keep up the good work.

3. Chernynkaya says:

AdLib, Kalima, KQuark and bito--thank you for giving me the opportunity to give back a little bit to all of you for your excellent and hard work. I am continuously amazed by the level of intelligence and friendliness of PPOV, it’s members, and visitors!

• foodchain says:

all of you!! Thank you all for the effort it takes to produce, to take the extra time to put a out an excellent product.

And grins and cheers to everyone who contributes.

Cheers Cher! And thanks to you for all of the above that you bring to The Planet!

What PlanetPOV has become has surpassed the hopes we had when we launched it. Trusting in the intelligence and principles of people has proven to be a great path and that’s very affirming!

I know I don’t say it often enough, but a very big thank you to the hard-working admin team who take so much of their own time to keep the Planet spinning merrily along.

I wish I had won that Super-Mega-Lotto so that my little donation would have had lots more zeroes behind it. Maybe next year…?

Cheers Kes and a tip of the hat back to you and all of our fellow Planeteers for keeping the conversations here clever and insightful every day.

We are counting on you winning and sharing that Super-Ultra-Mega-Humungo-Lotto jackpot though…what’s taking so long???

I’m just waiting for Madame Blavatsky to come through in the next seance and give me the right numbers, AdLib.

That check will be in the mail any day now…

5. SueInCa says:

Adlib

I want to contribute but do not have pp anymore you can email me

Thanks so much Sue!

You don’t need a PayPal account to donate on our PayPal page. You can click the “Donate” button in the above post or in our sidebar, in the bottom left hand corner is a link for “Don’t have a PayPal Account” and by clicking “continue”, you can use a cc or ATM card to donate directly.

Let me know if this works!

6. AlphaBitch says:

Drat it all! Those guys beat me to it. I like to be the first. But I guess if I had to lose, losing to KT and MTS ain’t a bad way to go!

You guys do a terrific job, and even though the past six months have left me little to no time to cruise the Planet, I always felt comforted knowing it was still there when I could. Thanks to ALL founders for your hard work and tireless effort to educate and amuse us all!

I think a Citizens for Planet United is in order……Off to click now -AB

AB, what wonderful and kind words, thank you so much!

Hmm…maybe you and Colbert are onto something and we should start up a PlanetPAC!

Always fantastic to see you here when you can be here. Thanks to your support and that of our other members, The Planet keeps on spinning!

Cheers!

7. MurphTheSurf3 says:

Done.

The Crossroads GPS announcement that they were ready to dump $200 million into promoting the BIG LIES north to south, east to west urged me on. I hope many others realize how important it is that we nurture places where truth can be spoken, and untruths confronted.

I do not need a gift….The planet is gift enough.

Thanks.

Thanks back to you, Murph!

We aren’t shooting to match Crossroads’ $200 million in this fundraising drive, we’ll keep our sights low at $150 million.

Again, very kind and generous of you Murph and greatly appreciated.

8. Done AdLib! Small price to pay for such a great site.