AdLib On September - 22 - 2011

Okay, it’s rigged this time with questions voted on by Baggers but maybe the hatred and stupidity of these dwarves will show through.

Please feel free to live blog with us during the “debate”.

Categories: GOP, News & Politics

1. How many debates are these yahoos going to have?

Gary Johnson ad.

We already knew this guy was a nothing, but I thought it was interesting to see that he’d be a nothing even with more name recognition.

He’s running on tolerance! Ha!

I thought the states’ rights part in that was quite a non-sequitur, but he had to say something Republican, right?

3. PatsyT says:

Awww Booo Hisss
    I missed another Repub Debattleaxe
    No worries,
    I can enjoy all the excitement by reading all the kick ass comments of Planeteers!
    Thanks Guys!

• Emerald1943 says:

Hi Patsy! I would hate for you to waste your energy! :-)

Our comments might have been “kick ass” but the debate certainly was NOT! Perry was pathetic! He looked like he would rather be sliding down a razor blade into a vat of alcohol than to be on that stage! Uncomfortable is not the word! If he’s not careful, he’s going to lose this thing to Romney. IMO, that would be sad…I think Mittens is much more dangerous to President Obama than Perry is. At least Mitt can answer a question without stumbling all over his own feet!

Sorry, I didn’t mean to get on a roll. :-)

• Artist50 says:

EM- The Tea Party and Perry seem to be imploding and I’m kind of sorry because I’d rather run against the crazies. Maybe Sarah will still come save the GOP. I couldn’t be happier if she decided to add to the mayhem. Mitt looks too reasonable. What I hate about these debates is the audience -- good lord -- where do they find these people? Why can’t MSNBC sponsor one and ask some real questions? Right -- when hell freezes over.

• PatsyT says:

Owww go ahead and roll Em!

4. Haruko Haruhara says:

My goodness, I heard. They actually BOOed a serviceman for being gay? They booed someone who is serving our country?

And right-wingers continue the meme that liberals “hate America.”

My gosh, I just can’t wrap my head around it. I truly cannot.

These people are so utterly consumed with their rage and nihilism they’ve lost their humanity.

• KQuark says:

It really does show how far off the rails the modern GOP is doesn’t it?

• bito says:

KQ, your comment raised my curiosity on what some of the actions that St. Ronnie took that wouldn’t square with the party now.

What else did he do besides raise taxes, grow government and tax and immigration reform?

I had forgotten about this site:

The Sad Legacy of Ronald Reagan

From the Ludwig von Mises Institute, a libertarian/ Austrian School of Economics site. They considered President Reagan close to a liberal and he certainty wouldn’t fit in with this crop of GOP candidates.

One thing that jogged my memory was remembering that Reagan was the first GOP candidate to run on dissolving the Dept. of Education and every R since then has run on it.

Yep. So far, the GOP Debate audiences have cheered executions, cheered death for people who don’t have health insurance and booed someone risking their life for them because he was gay.

Who wouldn’t want to be a member of that club?

Sorry to have had to pop away in the middle of this intellectual exercise (just saying their names seemed to require intellectual prowess) but I had to help my daughter with her homework.

She was actually learning the words “Trudged”, “Fumbled” and “Nervous”…ironically at the same time that the GOP nominees were.

I think my daughter did better.

This was not a debate, it was a pep rally. Hatin’ on Obama, economic fairness and government in general…with a bit of gay bashing and poor/minority hating mixed in.

Unlike the first debate, there were only softball questions, no serious challenging of any of them and just ganging up on reality.

Actually, it was quite boring and pointless, as I think most of the subsequent debates may be.

And in a REAL debate with Obama, I don’t see one of them, including Romney, competitive when having to face reality instead of the fantasyland of GOP debates (“I would cut the budget and increase border patrols with unicorn money!”).

The pudnuts (H/T Bito) wallow in polls today as if they had any significance on Obama in 2012, a waste of time bloviating on worthless data.

A year from now, faced with Baggers taking over the country and decimating it or Obama continuing, the choice will be clear and on Obama’s side.

We will have to work hard on GOTV to fight all the voter suppression the GOP has been entrenching but the GOP is the nihilist party and the majority dislike them in poll after poll.

• Emerald1943 says:

Adlib, You better believe we are going to have to work hard! One thing though…today’s inaction in Congress (to keep the govt. open and running) is showing the American people, once again, what the GOP/TP stand for, and it ain’t the people! I just hope that when the debt ceiling thing went down and woke up the people, that they stayed awake! We do seem to have a very short attention span!

I would slightly disagree with you on the questions from FUX. I thought there were some pretty good ones that I really didn’t expect from them. The first that comes to mind is the question by the student on video about Obamacare and whether they would kick the students off their insurance plans by repealing it. As I remember it, none of them really answered the question.

The other one was about DADT from the gay soldier. I’m rather surprised that they let this one through. Santorum gathered up all his righteous indignation to insist that troops should NOT HAVE SEX at all! Yeah…that’s really going to work out well! LMAO

One thing about these debates is that there is virtually NO follow-up. The candidates get up and make their talking points, and then it’s just left hanging in the ether! Oh well, at least there is only ONE more of these damn silly things.

I’m still gobsmacked by Michelle’s statement…”Thomas Jefferson was the author of that religious liberty that he loved so much.”
      WTF??? What exactly does that mean?? And the other thing that stands out was her comment about “grabbing that brass ring of liberty”! Oh GAG!!

Not to worry…I had my Maalox cocktail ready! :-)

6. Emerald1943 says:

The bottom line on this is the same as last time…there was absolutely nothing new. It was the same old talking points, and a few jabs at each other.

I thought Perry looked weak and somewhat confused at times. Romney seemed strong and sure of his answers for the most part. Ron Paul got a pretty big ovation from the crowd. Bachmann needs to just take her “brass ring of liberty” and go away!

:-)

7. Sabreen60 says:

I didn’t watch the debate. I have a weak stomach -- but I enjoyed reading your comments here and on Twitter.

Are you keeping score?

8. bito says:

thinkprogress ThinkProgress
    Bachmann says Obama has the lowest presidential approval rating of any president in modern times. Apparently can’t remember George Bush.

LarrySabato Larry Sabato
    by mattyglesias
    Bachmann goof: Obama has lowest ratings of any modern POTUS. Correct if you exclude LBJ,Nixon,Ford,Carter,Reagan,Bush,Clinton & Bush.

9. Emerald1943 says:

Final question…oh thank God!

Who would you choose among candidates to be your running mate?
    Johnson…Ron Paul
    Santorum…sidestep to Newt
    Newt…no idea, they’re all good friends of mine
    Paul…no choice, it’s inappropriate
    Perry…a Combo of Caine and Newt
    Romney…all these people would be better than our current Pres.
    Bachmann…strong Constitutional Conservative blah blah blah
    Caine…would choose Romney if he will do the 999 plan..or Newt
    Huntsman…chooses Caine for his tie

Oh that was totally weak and I’m completely nauseated!

Now, can I be excused??

10. bito says:

daveweigel daveweigel
    “To rebuild the economy, Jimmy Carter sucked.” #googledebate

digby56 digby
    How come Republicans can run against Jimmy Carter for 30 years but Democrats can’t mention the words George W. Bush?

11. Emerald1943 says:

Bachmann: “Reach for that brass ring of liberty”….Oh my god, this woman is so damned dumb!!!

12. bito says:

zaheerali Zaheer Ali
    by monaeltahawy
    RT @nisaa: #GOPDebate RT @probert06 Rick Perry is on the side of life, except for the 234 executions he’s signed off on as Governor of Texas

13. Emerald1943 says:

Perry really can’t talk very well…he’s stumbling all over himself! What’s wrong with him? Is he just that damned dumb??