KQµårk 死神 On September - 12 - 2011

Per request an open thread to discuss the GOP Tea Party Debate.

I’ll be in and out more than usual because to be honest I’d rather watch dumb jocks than dumb pols.

Bito’s Much more thorough update.

P1060691

Image by albike's via Flickr

The debate tonight will be broadcast on CNN and  http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/?/tab/live

I (Bito) will add the livestream when and if it becomes available.  Please add your comments here and I (Bito) will be tweeting some of your comments.

While waiting what are your questions and what do expect out of this debate except more for the jabbers  and pudnuts to pontificate about?

Written by KQµårk 死神

My PlanetPOV contact is [email protected] Proud Dem whose favorite hobby is cat herding. The GOP is not a political party, it's a personality disorder. Cancer, Heart Failure and Bush Survivor.

1. Romney--“You’re scarier than I am!”

Perry--“No, you’re scarier than I am!”

Romney--“No no, you’re much scarier than I am.”

Perry--“No no no, you’re much much more scarier than I am.”

And so it goes!

My takeaways from last night’s debate.

1) It was overshadowed in intellectual gravitas, poise and substance by the Miss Universe pageant. Thank god only one had bikinis.
    2) Now they’d pull Terri Schiavo’s plug, regardless, while whoopin’ and a hollerin’. Screw Medicaid. Let the churches carry the burden. Get ready for those super bake sales and increased tithe-rates.
    3) No molesting girls with no cancer preventative vaccines! In fact, no more vaccines! if your kid catches some virus from someone’s parents being irresponsible, that’s now your personal responsibility. It’s called liberty, people.
    4) Herman Cain expects 20-somethings to start saving for retirement in lieu of Social Security -- between rounds of beer pong and Top Ramen dinners.
    5) Huntsman has secured the coveted 30-something grunge Tea Party demographic with his Cobain reference.
    6) Perry and Romney. Really, those were your frontrunners? Really?!?
    7) Newt is still there? Shouldn’t he already be on another cruise or something hooking up with Arianna again?
    8 ) Bush who?

• KQuark says:

I hate to defend Perry but like usual Backmann lied there was an opt out provision to taking the vaccine.

Tons of vaccine shots are mandatory to attend schools and it’s the right thing to do for public safety. The anti-vaccine craze is Tea Bagger BS.

This is the immunization schedule for GA.

Actually, in the last debate I agreed with Perry’s one-liner for once.

He simply said, “I hate cancer”.

He really should have stuck with that.

• SueInCa says:

KQ it was either Bachmann or Santorum who said it should be an opt in, not opt out. If it was opt in, there would be no need for the executive order. Maybe a PSI on the subject is all but there have been PSI’s or commercials on this for quite awhile, at least here in CA.

Indeed, you shouldn’t be forced to is their issue, coupled with the whole belief that if abstinence is followed there’s no need. Ron Paul said it should be an opt-in rather than opt-out.

Of course, the logical principled conclusion is that this follows with all vaccines. They don’t mention that.

• SueInCa says:

KQ The molesting thing is a part of the rhetoric of Bachman’s religious ilk. I read a story about her staff today and two of her staffers mentioned the same exact words,molesting girls. Crazy talk. Vaccines are necessary like you say.

No way! When I said ‘molesting’ I was being slightly humorous, because the way Bachmann says what ‘is being done TO YOUNG GIRLS!’ she makes it sound like she’s accusing the state of child rape.

Her exact words:

To have innocent little 12-year-old girls be forced to have a government injection …is just flat out wrong

• choicelady says:

Churches will take over? Really?

The megachurches with the bucks don’t care, the small churches that care have no money.

Now -- how’s that workin’ for ya?

Oh that’s right -- YOU DON’T CARE!!!! The poor are poor because either they are lousy Christians or stupid to have been born not rich.

Either way -- their fault, go away.

• Bingo! Perfect K. That’s really it, in a nutshell.

Wow, sounds as if watching grass grow would have been more productive than this, at least something would grow…. up instead of back into the dirt where the GOP/TP reside. Just look at the main image at the top of this post, they look like wind-up inaction dolls, and because they repeat themselves to a state of limbo-bimbo redundency, maybe they are.

—-

Romney Puts Perry on Defensive

Sep 12, 2011 10:00 PM EDT
    An unusually aggressive Mitt Romney takes the fight to the Texas governor in the CNN debate. Howard Kurtz on why he scored—and Michele Bachmann didn’t.

Moment of the night? Cheers for letting the guy in the coma die.

And that was the debate in a nutshell.

So for those keeping track at home: executions, yay! Death to the freeloading coma patient, yay!

• The over-zealous “Yeah,” from the audience is sub-human. Should the guy have insurance? Yeah. Should we let him die if he doesn’t? NO! Is there an affordable policy for middle class Americans? I don’t think so.

• SueInCa says:

Khirad, you silly person don’t you know the right only thinks life is sacred in the womb? Once you are born, you are on your own. Not one of them get the correlation between abortion and the death penalty or death after you are born.

While so many of them either live off the government dole, SS, Medicare or government jobs, including Police. Police even will defend their union to the death if they are republican/teaper

5. AlphaBitch says:

For real? Rick Perry said “And I can do the math! Half of zero is…..zero” Good Lord! Jethro Bodine, take two. “Naught from naught is…..naught” I can just imagine Jethro Perry counting on those fingers and toes…..

• By the ceeement pond! 😉

• PatsyT says:

LOL AB, I just had that picture in my mind of
      Jethro in front of his vat sized breakfast bowl.
      Too bad he has none of Jethro’s brains, kindness or charm.

• AlphaBitch says:

Patsy: We’ve only just begun showing Beverly Hillbillies to Alpha Pup, since we tease him endlessly on his insatiable hunger. We nicknamed his tummy “Jethro”, and felt it was time to introduce him to his stomach’s namesake. He comes in now, and will say “Well, I think Jethro’s trying to tell me something; and if I listen, I think I hear him saying he’s hungry.” I LOVE your reference to the “vat sized” breakfast bowl! Guess he was eating Kellogg’s Cornflakes (who I seem to remember was a corporate sponsor of the show)?

6. PatsyT says:

Oh bummer missed another Tea Party debate!
    There are some advantages to being stuck in traffic.

7. KQuark says:

😆 moment of the night and it wasn’t the GOP Tea Bagger debate.

Jaws said “shit” on MNF.

8. Emerald1943 says:

Well, that was underwhelming!

Good night all! :-)

Lucky me, I clicked on only about 4 minutes from the end of the debate, just in time to hear some incredibly dopey answers about what each of them would bring to the White House.

Where’s my Pepcid?

Not one of them comes up to the top of the President’s shoe.

The problem, or one of the many problems I have with the TP and their validity as a party, is that I want to ask them where they were when Bush was squandering the surplus Clinton had left for him, and when he started to borrow heavily from foreign countries. Where was their “cut spending” outrage then?

Stands to reason it was totally manufactured by crooks like the Koch brothers, which quite frankly give their so called party no credence at all. Maybe someone should ask them that at their next “deflate”.

• That was before a black man got into the whitehouse. They don’t call it the “whitehouse,” for nothing! :(

• SueInCa says:

Kalima they will tell you some BS story about how they were protesting but no one would cover it. I have actually heard that from teapers on HP. Or they will try to tell you that since the DEms took over in 2006, it is their fault. Or they will flat out say, Dems went along with it, right? Never once in their pea brains will they think, hey, wait a minute, Dems did not have the majority am I sure they voted yes on all Bush’s agenda?

• Emerald1943 says:

Hi Kes!

I’ve got some Maalox handy! :-)

Em, I’ll remember that you have the Maalox cocktails next time. I had to go to bed and try hard not to have nightmares after that last one.

10. Emerald1943 says:

Is it just my perception or is Perry stumbling a bit tonight?

11. Emerald1943 says:

Oh boy! Michelle is on a roll about Obamacare! Is anybody else watching? I decided the football game was really not that good after all!

12. Emerald1943 says:

Does anyone here happen to know the percentage of Medicare for cost of administration of the program? Somewhere back in my gray matter, the figure of 3-4% sticks in my mind. Am I wrong?

13. KQuark says:

Andre Sullivan sums up the debate so far.

8.56 pm. If this were still a secular conservative party, Jon Huntsman would be an overwhelming front-runner, don’t you think? But they can’t handle him, can they? This debate is depressing me much more deeply than I’d expected. It’s that twinkle in Perry’s beady eyes that reminds me of W -- but without even the smidgen of vulnerability Bush Jr had.

8.46 pm. So far, we have repealed universal health insurance, Dodd-Frank, much of the Pentagon, the Department of Education, and are so-so on Medicare and social security. What should government actually do to help the economy? Cut and reform taxes. Unless Obama proposes to cut taxes. Then that’s more spending.