AdLib On March - 18 - 2011

They say “Laughter is the best medicine” and right now a few smiles looks to be just what the doctor ordered. Join in and share your favorite comedic videos with The Planet (doesn’t need to be musical)!

We begin with a musical Monty Python number then go straight downhill from there…

Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

George the Marine Biologist – Seinfeld

Clips From Absolutely Fabulous

Mongo – Blazing Saddles

Car Pool Lane – Curb Your Enthusiasm

The Great Dictator – Charlie Chaplin

Unaccustomed As We Are – Laurel and Hardy

The Big Lebowski

The Hangover

Categories: Music Thread

1. Mild Bill says:

Well, people. In half the World it’s Friday already so I shall use this excuse to offer up my tything to this ‘religious’ endeavor!

Religious…meaning something that we do over and over again, like brushing teeth!

Many things in the world make no sense to me. But this song makes ALL kinds of sense in that it encapsulates the comfusion of Man perfectly!

Enjoy!

Harry McClintock -- Ain’t We Crazy!

2. Mild Bill says:

I see where The Dude from The Big Lebowski has been removed so I thought I’d add this scene…Gutterballs!

One of my fave movie scenes/music videos!

p.s. Don’t use the Add Image “clicking here” link when you add videos, that’s just for pictures. Just paste the YouTube url straight into your comment and add the “v” to “http” (“httpv”).

That will embed it!

• Mild Bill says:

Aye, Aye, Cap’n! I’m getting my land-lubber legs under me…one mistake at a time! Hey! If I may, when I ran through the “list” of members, there sure didn’t seem as if there were a huge number of card-carrying Planeteers. Is that truly all there are? Who started this “Country Club of Comedians”? I understand you’re one of the two-d*ck dogs here, am I correct? What’s your “story”, AdLib?

Most Respectfully,

Mild Bill (formerly Wild)

3. KillgoreTrout says:

Maybe I’m a little twisted, but this is a very funny scene from Woody Allen’s, “Deconstructing Harry,”

• AlphaBitch says:

KT: You have no idea how this made me laugh! Thanks a brazillion. When was this made? Post Mia? I’m guessing…..

• KillgoreTrout says:

Alpha, I think it was made in 97 or 96. That scene sent me into stitches the first time I saw it. Kirstey played it perfectly.
        What really got me about it was the poor patient on the couch! The therapy session from HELL!

This is not a very well known film of his but I do think it is one of his “Late Funny Movies”.

This film, “Sweet and Lowdown” and “Small Time Crooks” kind of wrapped what I think was his last strong period.

• KillgoreTrout says:

AdLib, have you seen Match Point and Vicki Christina Barcelona? Good films.
        Deconstructing Harry was a very honest portrayal of Woody himself. Not many film makers would be brave enough to be that honest about themselves. One of my favorites.

4. Mild Bill says:

Oh! I have a great one that has the “Friday” theme included in the music! This is from waaay back in time. Before cell phones! It’s Friday! Friday! Friiiiiday! (Well, in four days! LOL)
    [img]

5. AlphaBitch says:

I missed Friday, but don’t want you to miss this. **EDIT** Song called “Conservative Christian Right Wing Republican Straight White American Males”**

6. Mild Bill says:

There’s never enough Monty Python videos posted around the world. This one is for the Universe…or Galaxy. Cheers to Beers for all! Hiccup! Rut Ruh! I dooded somethin’ wrong, Lucy!

7. Mild Bill says:

I konw it’s only Monday, but I want to get ready for the weekend’s B-Ball games and would love to offer my “contribution” today.

Early deposit, so to speak. Please accept this as intended.

• Chernynkaya says:

Mild--Cool! Another tip you’ll really like:

All you have to do to make the video appear right in your post is to add a lowercase “v” immediately after the http. When you do that, you get this:

• Mild Bill says:

Which is it gonna be, Chernynkaya? Should I request my post to be deleted or are you? LMAO!

One more thing has been learned by me! Thanx 2 U and AdLib!

• Mild Bill says:

WOW! I guess that’s why they pay you the big bucks to help us lowly “newbies” learn the ropes, eh, Chernynkaya?

So, you’re saying that if I type “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O6nAhFNsus” THEN add a “v” after the last letter in the string, i.e., “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O6nAhFNsusv”, that’s all I needed to do to get it to magically appear in my comment?

Kewl!

I need to request deletion of my post that has the video address posted within, then.

Funny how I didn’t have to do that for the FIRST video I offered for the Friday thingie. Or did someone do that one for me, too? Live and learn, I always say!

Hey Mild Bill!

Actually, you place the “v” after the “http” so it becomes “httpv”, like this:

Original YouTube url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Osus

Changed for embedding here: httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Osus

• Mild Bill says:

Thanx, AdLib. Chernynkaya made a valiant attempt to explain that to me. I even asked for clarification, but she must have been busy to not answer back.

I appreciate the help from all of you!

Now, if I could just get her to delete hers or let me know to have mine deleted as it looks funny having those dummies appearing twice! LOL!

8. whatsthatsound says:

Cher! I wanted to catch you when you’re here.
    This is for you:

9. KillgoreTrout says:

Woody Allen--The Moose;

10. KillgoreTrout says:

One from my favorite Showtime comedy series;

11. Mild Bill says:

Here’s my contribution to the comedy section, a Smothers Brothers clip featuring Pat Paulson reminding us that the more things change, the more they remain the same!

• KillgoreTrout says:

Mild Bill, thanks for posting this. Mr. Paulsen was hilarious, even more so now. Just goes to show how little has changed with the GOP in all these years. (although he doesn’t mention them by name)
      The Smothers Brothers show was truly a righteous one. That’s why the government shut them down. Their skits were too close to the truth.

• Chernynkaya says:

HAHAHA! He had me when he bumped the microphone! God--I’m laughing out loud! I love his mumble-talk. I’m dead-serious--They are WORSE now!

• Mild Bill says:

Didn’t Pat hit it out of the park when he brought up shooting moose? Think Palin!) Or when he brought up Reagan as governor of Cailfornia! Or Social Security issues! Or healthcare! Or why guns are stupid.( Or how politicians were long-winded, saying nothing. Or how he had that tea cup he knocked over!

Like a prophet!!! A fortune-teller from 44 years ago!

The government censored the Smothers Brothers so many times! Laugh In was child’s play compared to adult-themed issues that was brought up on that show in a comedic, thought-provoking way, of course!

Sock it to me…yeah, right. Not like Tom and Dick did!

They were ahead of their time!

12. Mild Bill says:

I’ve just come aboard. I’m getting the hang of how this site works. So far, I’m impressed!

13. javaz says:

Gosh, but I feel so guilty when there is so much pain going on in the world, but I am loving the Hi-speed Internet, and have so enjoyed all the youtubes in this thread.

I love ABFAB and we watched them all, well, watched those of them while in France from the BBC and it was so great to see that clip.

Fr. Ted!
    We both love Fr. Ted!

I can’t add anything as everything comical has been done here, but thanks to everyone for bringing a bit of joy and laughter during such sad times.

14. KQuark says:

Father Ted has to be my favorite Britcom of all time

Just play the F$%#ing Note