2ndClassCitizenPundit On March - 16 - 2011

As a departure from my usual snarky self, I decided that perhaps my friends at PlanetPOV could use something else to think about for a bit.

So I generated these pictures for you all to contemplate.

I like the slight Native-American feel to this one.

I wasn’t intending to create something with swords (or crosses, depending on your POV), but this has more of a stained glass feel to it, which I always enjoy.

And this is actually a combination of the first and second images, which I believe creates more of a mandala effect somehow.

Somehow, using all three of the previous images, I managed to create a mandala-esque image that has, in my opinion, more of an Indian feel to it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed these for a few moments. I’ve been wanting to research a technique for transferring images like these onto glass, etched, filled, and back-lit, but that is beyond anything I have resources or skills for.

Written by 2ndClassCitizenPundit

45 year old gay man, ordained minister, veteran, writer, living in Vancouver WA (previously Palm Springs) About the time you assume I am serious, I will post something humorous or snarky; about the time you assume I am a clown, I will hit you with rational thought - don't assume. Read what I write, not what you think I write.

1. KQuark says:

I absolutely love this kind of art. Cheers for sharing. 😎

2. coveark says:

Those are quite beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

First one looks like you were playing with a tartan. Psychedelic Scot!

• I’ve actually done tartans, on the computer, which can be a pain in the posterior. Most of it I had to do by hand, pixel by pixel in Paintbrush… and you have to get the pixels to line up perfectly or the effect is gone.

I’ve also done houndstooth patterns, and never want to again.

4. Buddy McCue says:

2CCP -- This art is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

And you’re right; that third one really DOES have a stained-glass feel to it.

5. jkkFL says:

Buddy!
    I am such a fan!
    I love mandalas, there is a favorite of mine in blues and purples, could you do something in blues?
    These are relaxing and comforting- the green is like Spring.
    Thanks :)

6. foodchain says:

You did make me feel better--your art has. I like being pulled in by the pattern and the green just feels very good today.